N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Usually I try not to come close to people here. I mean it is a suicide forum and I think the impact of losing someone can be pretty hard. I usually avoid talking to people privately. In the past I made sometimes an exceptions. Especially when people told me they are on the path of recovery. Though I had lose contact to 2-3 people. Still I usually avoid exchange too personal information.

The person said the s/he felt better than in the past. And s/he wants to avoid suicide. I could relate to that because I also want to avoid suicide. However then suddenly s/he felt way worse. We had somewhat of a connection. S/he all of a sudden had even a date when to ctb. This made me really anxious. I was not prepared for that. I was anxious. I worried a lot. But s/he seemed to be quite determined. I tried to support the person as good as possible to get better. Though the person ordered then SN. In the end it was their decision and I thought that it does not matter how I feel about it.

I was in college in a stressful time. And at the same time the whole thing happened. I was really anxious and checked the website myriad of times on the his/her date. Finally the person did not ctb. And i was really relieved. I told in the forum I was really concerned about another person in the last days (after the situation improved). And that I am really anxious about losing someone to suicide. Personally I am anxious to get traumatized by it. I think I am quite vulnerable and I have met people in clinics who were kind of traumatized because of that. I hinted I cannot go on with our close contact. The whole thing that happened showed me how tough it must be to lose someone. Even though you only know the person online.

I never had the courage to speak to the person how much I cared about him/her afterwards. But I hope s/he knew it. Our contact got less. Since this incident I try even more not to develop a deep bond to someone on here. It was a frightening experience. The person has left the forum in the end. On the road of recovery. I am glad about that. I hope I did not made the person very sad when I decreased the contact.

I felt paralyzed to talk to the person about it in detail. On the one hand I wanted contact though on the other hand I was really shocked how much this affected me.

Have you experienced something similar? The lesson I have learned is not too come to people on here. I think I am quite unstable and things could get a lot worse soon. And this probably applies to a lot of people here.

• Hugs
Reactions: outatime_85, Finding Sirius, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I get it. For all of my assurance that it is not a good idea to get attached to someone on a suicide forum, I am currently in the process of getting attached to someone I met on the suicide forum. And neither of us changed our mind about upcoming CTB so far. It is sad, but such is nature of things here. I am always hoping that each and every person that came here to learn the methods will ultimately end up never using them, that their circumstances and/or inner state will improve. But sometimes we just can't help and we don't have the solutions, so all we can do is accept whatever happens. This is a very sad community.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, outatime_85, Finding Sirius and 4 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I get it. For all of my assurance that it is not a good idea to get attached to someone on a suicide forum, I am currently in the process of getting attached to someone I met on the suicide forum. And neither of us changed our mind about upcoming CTB so far. It is sad, but such is nature of things here. I am always hoping that each and every person that came here to learn the methods will ultimately end up never using them, that their circumstances and/or inner state will improve. But sometimes we just can't help and we don't have the solutions, so all we can do is accept whatever happens. This is a very sad community.ver 100℅
Sad, is one way of looking at it. However for some of us this place is an oasis of calm and even clarity. Nothing is ever 100%!

• Hugs
Reactions: gomenasai, outatime_85, Finding Sirius and 3 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I experienced something very similar but I had no choice. Unlike you I have absolutely no friends so I had to take what was offered. The friend I made on here became actively suicidal and even explicit about methods, which was quite frightening, then decided that we wouldn't talk for 3 weeks as recovery was attempted.

I'm just glad I could have some scraps in the end lol I don't normally like people enough to become friends and neither I find that I have shared interests with anyone so as I said if I have to pick friends in the dumbest place of all time, a suicide forum, I will.

• Hugs
Reactions: outatime_85, not-2-b-the-answer and CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Forum tell fault clear, life out pretend people die not keep live deal living all time here nit see real person possibly die possibly live ,person not aware choice this person die live impossible tell, know sure person die person live certain time know behavior not know cause brain dissonance two conflict type, maybe person die live what do

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, not-2-b-the-answer and whatevs
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I'm the same. I don't exchange personal information on here but I do get attached to members.
Just reading their posts helps me. If it wasn't for their understanding, compassion and humor I'm not sure how I would get through the day.
It's been painful when members have left for whatever reason. Wishing I could still talk to them.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie