• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
I want to spread my genes but I am real afraid of wanting to stay and teach the kid and be there for him therefore preventing me from committing suicide. Is there a strong instinct to not kill yourself for the kid parents?
Do you really think it's a good idea to have a child when you're planning on killing yourself? I feel like the obvious answer is to not spread your genes.

SleepItOff

SleepItOff

Would that I could
May 5, 2018
I want to spread my genes but I am real afraid of wanting to stay and teach the kid and be there for him therefore preventing me from committing suicide. Is there a strong instinct to not kill yourself for the kid parents?
This is gonna to sound a little harsh, but if even a fraction of you genuinely wants to die or plans on killing yourself, then I despise you if you choose to reproduce.

First of all, so much mental illness & related shit is genetic. Why would you risk passing that onto someone else if you can't even deal with it yourself? Secondly, how can you begin to believe you can be a healthy role model & parent to your child if you aren't completely committed to staying the course and doing everything in your power to give them a happy life and a fighting chance? And thirdly, the world is already so crammed with suffering and overpopulation. If you can't hack it and be happy here, what makes you think it's fair to impose this all on somebody else who doesn't get a say in it? Just because you want to "spread your genes?" Give me a fucking break.

Existence is non-consensual. There's no justifiable reason to bring another life into this place if you're not planning on being here for them down the road.

alice-jane

alice-jane

Apr 22, 2018
This is gonna to sound a little harsh, but if even a fraction of you genuinely wants to die or plans on killing yourself, then I despise you if you choose to reproduce.

First of all, so much mental illness & related shit is genetic. Why would you risk passing that onto someone else if you can't even deal with it yourself? Secondly, how can you begin to believe you can be a healthy role model & parent to your child if you aren't completely committed to staying the course and doing everything in your power to give them a happy life and a fighting chance? And thirdly, the world is already so crammed with suffering and overpopulation. If you can't hack it and be happy here, what makes you think it's fair to impose this all on somebody else who doesn't get a say in it? Just because you want to "spread your genes?" Give me a fucking break.

Existence is non-consensual. There's no justifiable reason to bring another life into this place if you're not planning on being here for them down the road.
this makes me think of my mother who was in the habit of saying that she hopes she dies before she gets old and feeble. she'd also muse on the subject of how death must be peaceful and it's too bad we are not in a better world (implying heaven). she would say this stuff often and it was sort of part of her character. growing up i could see loud and clear that she wasn't really into life. she's extremely sensitive and got lucky marrying my dad because he ran the front lines and took all the hits for her and she got to hide in the house and not participate in the world. i would say that she was depressed much of the time. oh, but she had me. WHY? i swear that i've inherited her predilection toward wanting to not exist. so yah, a little resentful and living proof that someone not into life should not reproduce.

Last edited:
alice-jane

alice-jane

Apr 22, 2018
ion900 i like your posts because you are honest and energetic but i just can't agree with this. please read my comment in here in reply to SleepItOff's comment. i'm not saying you're planning on it, but it's painful to see people have kids with the hope that they will then be compelled to live or that they will find some sort of joie de vivre that they lack. that makes the kid a marked man, basically. he/she would come into the world with some heavy expectations already piled onto him/her.

Last edited:
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Why bring a child to this shitty overpopulated world? Even if you were not planning on killing yourself, I would still not support reproducing at this point. Also, there is nothing special about yours or anyone's gene. Don't be egotistical and bring a child to life for no reason whatsoever. You won't even be here to love and care about them. Heck, since you only want to "spread your genes", it is not like the child would be important to begin with. Only the genes they would carry.

Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
We need to make bearable the existence of who's already there, and we have missed the mark from the very beginning.

Seriously, if somebody wants to be remembered or leave a legacy, just write a book/song/publish a videogame or whatever.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
We need to make bearable the existence of who's already there, and we have missed the mark from the very beginning.

Seriously, if somebody wants to be remembered or leave a legacy, just write a book/song/publish a videogame or whatever.
It is a foolish goal, either way. Everyone is forgotten sooner or later. Thousand of years from now, not even someone like Hitler might be remembered anymore (assuming humankind still exists by then).

Reactions: Tiburcio
alice-jane

alice-jane

Apr 22, 2018
From my experience kids do better when there are expectations set by the parents. It does depend but the kid feeling loved helps them understand the expectations are there to assist. In the case that the parents cannot love themselves enough to give to the kid, then I could see how that is not good. A lot of folks on here might not feel the positivity of life but there are so many families with a tradition of spreading good will and positive energy. I think the traditional european family is more consistently like this. American culture has been poisoned by occult negative energy in movies and pop culture. I think learning a a european language and moving there would help people see a new side of life. America is not the best in a few ways. I heard russia and countries near there have more traditional gender roles (more feminine females and more masculine males) and that probably helps everyone fit in more. Also self hypnotizing to see the world more opportunistically could help. It is essentially being very persuasive to yourself. Also I think people could learn something from the flat earth universe channel. Thinking differently helps people break away from the idea planted in our heads that consumerism levels define us. Confidence, purpose and our energy define us in my opinion.
i agree that expectations should be set for the kid to live up to, accompanied by loving behavior. but having a child when you are someone who doesn't want to live and/or you have no hobbies or passions except the kid seems pretty unethical to me. the kid is going to pick up on the fact that you have no desire to be here (you can't hide this stuff from a kid--they know on some level and don't even know they know until maybe they realize it later in life). and in the case of having no hobbies or passions (i.e. having your own life and things other than the kid that you live for), the kid is going to be messed up because it should not be THE focus of your life. i'm just saying that a kid should be brought into a context that is healthy--where there is a will to live outside the world you created with the kid. i always felt claustrophobic with my mother because i knew she wasn't really interested in anything but me.
i lived in eastern europe for three years and i do think the sexes embrace their sex more. a higher number of women seemed to be ultra-feminine but this was actually powerful, and not weak--because they embrace it so strongly and carry it off with such confidence. in america i think we equate femininity with weakness, which is not surprising because we are a young culture compared to europe and we lack the collective wisdom accrued through the centuries. something got lost when we stepped off the boat.

Last edited:
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Btw having kids as a "reason to live" is not a logical thing. You bring new life to the shitty world just to make a reason then the kids will suffer in life. What if parents change their views after that and look at the kids as a burden? And why bring others to suffering just for selfish reason like making a reason for life and social status . . etc , if a parent brings children he is not selfish but if one wants to suicide he becomes selfish? Wtf is this world? Countless existing parents are hypocrites, exploit, abuse.. etc although many don't say anything but they keep thinking that they don't want this type of life or they made a mistake and got crushed by the system loop.

I'm sorry you deleted your post, we are not aggressive and won't attack you like reddit. Don't feel negative or anything

Last edited:
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Is this a troll post?
You can't be serious..that would be a horrible idea and even more selfish than the parents who force their children into the world and actually parent them.
Don't have children if you don't want to be "anchored" by them, just don't do it, if you're miserable enough to be on this site then why would you want to reproduce and subject another human being to that?
Pointless suffering.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
In the sea of suffering that is this forum I find it sickening that someone had nothing better to do than troll us by saying they want to spread their genes and then commit suicide...

This world truly is an ugly place.

mentalhealthfighter

mentalhealthfighter

Lets win together
Jun 15, 2021
If you are suicidal you shouldnt have kids. First off, you might pass on your depression. Second off, you might suicide later.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
i understand being against something, but why bring it up 3 years later? isnt hounding someone who probably isnt even here anymore a bit excessive?
  • May 9, 2018
  • Last seen Sep 24, 2018

Last edited:
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
i understand being against something, but why bring it up 3 years later? isnt hounding someone who probably isnt even here anymore a bit excessive?
  • May 9, 2018
  • Last seen Sep 24, 2018
I like browsing years old threads, sometimes I find comedy gold like this.

Reactions: Superdeterminist
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
ive noticed. and im not disagreeing, just wondering because people are commenting on it like it was posted yesterday and the OP is going to read it, which they clearly arent unless theyre still alive and have been viewing the site all these years without logging in.

Reactions: Callie Arcale
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
And your response was probably why it popped up in "What's new" and the rest of us thought it was a new thread obviously-at least I did- pretty self-explanatory, or at least it should be to most people..
Sorry to those who think I should squint my busted eyelids to see every time stamp and date.
I question the agenda of anyone paying that much attention, especially considering..I try so hard to ignore the passive aggression but sometimes forget to avert my gaze from the flow of comments.

Anyway, back to you, I'm not sure this is comedy gold so much as it is inflammatory, I guess it's not completely irrelevant though as it makes it clear where most of the community stands, and some good food for thought regarding antinatalism, if it made you laugh to boot, then good for you I suppose lol

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Geez... this thread is from 2018?!
ive noticed. and im not disagreeing, just wondering because people are commenting on it like it was posted yesterday and the OP is going to read it, which they clearly arent unless theyre still alive and have been viewing the site all these years without logging in.

Thx for pointing out the date of the thread. I never look at the dates, but I guess I'm going to have to start doing that from now on.