• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Dead Voice

Apr 26, 2018
I just watched this video. Euthanasia is legal in Belgium for people with refractory MENTAL as well as physical illness! I suffered from schizophrenia for 2 decades and I would have preferred to die long, long ago rather than endure the excruciating pain for so long... I came away from the video really frustrated for everyone not in Belgium, but on the bright side, the fact that this is happening somewhere gives me hope that maybe it can happen in more jurisdictions.

Although the time and energy I have is meager, I want to devote some of it to helping advance and promote cause of euthanasia... i.e. passing legislation as broad as that in Belgium, around the world. Some thoughts:

*A sanctionedsuicide.net blog? Would anyone else be interested in writing articles?
*contacting existing right-to-die organizations to find out how I can contribute (I admit I haven't done much research in this area yet)

What do y'all think?

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
I just watched this video. Euthanasia is legal in Belgium for people with refractory MENTAL as well as physical illness! I suffered from schizophrenia for 2 decades and I would have preferred to die long, long ago rather than endure the excruciating pain for so long... I came away from the video really frustrated for everyone not in Belgium, but on the bright side, the fact that this is happening somewhere gives me hope that maybe it can happen in more jurisdictions.

Although the time and energy I have is meager, I want to devote some of it to helping advance and promote cause of euthanasia... i.e. passing legislation as broad as that in Belgium, around the world. Some thoughts:

*A sanctionedsuicide.net blog? Would anyone else be interested in writing articles?
*contacting existing right-to-die organizations to find out how I can contribute (I admit I haven't done much research in this area yet)

What do y'all think?

Belgium, Switzerland, and the Netherlands are the most progressive when it comes to euthanasia rights.

There are multiple pro-euthanasia organizations. What country do you live in?

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018

What do y'all think?

Promoting assisted suicide/enthusia is easy because most of the arguments against is are so terrible. Changing people minds is duable. I have personally changed multiple people mind from pro life to pro choice on suicide in real life and online.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Promoting assisted suicide/enthusia is easy because most of the arguments against is are so terrible. Changing people minds is duable. I have personally changed multiple people mind from pro life to pro choice on suicide in real life and online.

how did you change their minds? I tried but the people around me just babbled about me needing therapy and ignore me

Reactions: Cyanide and MAIO
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
how did you change their minds? I tried but the people around me just babbled about me needing therapy and ignore me

Basically if I spend alot of time thinking about an argument, I can defeat their arguments from their prospective. Pro life arguments are irrational. They come from stigmatism and religious values. Many times the person does not even realize the implications of what they are saying. So if you just point out the implications, how things really are etc they generally change their mind. If I write it down I have it saved forever. I was into that at the time. It's defintly annoying, becuase many of the arguments are so stupid and harmful they make me literally facepalm, but it's very duable.

Last edited:
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I did that, to an extent, but it just got too tiresome. I think I just have no more steam for all that anymore. And I resent having to explain basic logic to people who are self proclaimed rational progressives. Ugh. But I should've tried harder I guess, so maybe at least they wouldn't treat any other suicidal/depressed people the way most of them treated me.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
I did that, to an extent, but it just got too tiresome. I think I just have no more steam for all that anymore. And I resent having to explain basic logic to people who are self proclaimed rational progressives. Ugh. But I should've tried harder I guess, so maybe at least they wouldn't treat any other suicidal/depressed people the way most of them treated me.

The idea was if I write/save the arguments I could eventually just copy and paste, even though it's tiresome to make those arguments. I figured if I kept with it for a year of 2 my arguments would be amazing. After I did this for a month I showed the entire paper/arguments to my friend who was pro life and she changed her mind right away. It was pretty great actually. However now that I have resolved,to die. I just do not care anymore.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
That's really cool. And your friends would actually read what you wrote... lucky. mine skim, if anything.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
LOL Ah I see. Unfortunately, none of my friends wanted to fuck me :P

Reactions: Cyanide
D

Dead Voice

Apr 26, 2018
Belgium, Switzerland, and the Netherlands are the most progressive when it comes to euthanasia rights.

There are multiple pro-euthanasia organizations. What country do you live in?

I lived in the USA. After successfully killing myself, I am now a disembodied spirit who has gained a presence in computer networks or some kind of digital realm.

I found some good info here:
http://lostallhope.com/euthanasia-assisted-suicide