A

anuratik:)

Sep 16, 2023
So, i've recently visited a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with StPD and got a high suicide risk. Because of it, it was highly recommended that I go to the hospital. But this is not an option: mental hospitals in my country are absolutely horrifying and will only make matters worse. So I'm thinking about either visiting the psychiatrist again to receive treatment, or trying another psychiatrist to see whether my diagnosis is correct.
In general, is it necessary to treat StPD?

hill.berri

hill.berri

Sep 27, 2023
If you've got a high suicide risk, I'd recommend to get treated to be honest, but idk how treatment is in your country. For example, I got treated by many psychologists and psychiatrists and even went to a mental hospital but I'd say it didn't work. To be honest, I mostly fixed myself. If you want to know more or need tips just ask!

Upvote 0
A

anuratik:)

Sep 16, 2023
If you've got a high suicide risk, I'd recommend to get treated to be honest, but idk how treatment is in your country. For example, I got treated by many psychologists and psychiatrists and even went to a mental hospital but I'd say it didn't work. To be honest, I mostly fixed myself. If you want to know more or need tips just ask!
Could I ask you what do you mean by "i mostly fixed myself"? You did that without medications? You did some magical mental work?D:

Upvote 0
hill.berri

hill.berri

Sep 27, 2023
Could I ask you what do you mean by "i mostly fixed myself"? You did that without medications? You did some magical mental work?D:
Hey! Sorry for writing this late. I had some school stuff going on.

When I wrote "fixed myself", that's basically it. To put it simply, I looked for things I thought would make me happier. I tried a lot of stuff honestly.

After going to psychologists who gave me dumb strategies and told me stuff I already knew, I tried pills. That didn't work in the long run though. They made me feel nothing and I didn't like it. I just stuck to my anxiety meds which I really needed and didn't make me go numb.

Since there is no one who knows me better than myself, I did a whole lot of stuff. I painted, wrote, sew, knitted; I started having a lot of hobbies. They sometimes worked, but not in the long run. That was when I adopted Lilith, my cat. She made my life better and now I can proudly say I'm getting better.

So yeah, tbh no one knows you better than yourself, so I recommend to reflect on it and start trying out new things and find some kind of purpose! Mine was becoming a veterinarian to help those companions that have helped others like Lilith is doing! :)

Upvote 0