• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Currently all I think about all day is death and the meaningless life I carry out. I used to have this hobby I'm super into, but never got the chance to pursue it. And now I do...However, I am no longer interested in this hobby because I suck at it. I am hopeless at it, so I don't even feel like trying to pursue this oppertunity anymore because I feel that, there's no point to it. Although I am no longer motivated to do it, I still think this hobby is a defining trait of me. Something I am interested in but cannot do. So I am here to ask for some motivation to pursue this hobby. I also feel that it can improve my mental health if I were to give it a chance.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lonelyhotcake
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Well if it's a hobby, then you don't need to be pro level at it.

For example if someone likes sketching but they don't like the final pictures they're ending up with, still it's worth filling up a small notebook with them. It means that at least they've created something. Can be always reattempt or improve on them later or even just keep them as a reminder of the past for later.

Maybe that won't apply to every hobby but the point I'm thinking of, is to just have doing it be the goal. Because it's better than not doing it.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Currently all I think about all day is death and the meaningless life I carry out. I used to have this hobby I'm super into, but never got the chance to pursue it. And now I do...However, I am no longer interested in this hobby because I suck at it. I am hopeless at it, so I don't even feel like trying to pursue this oppertunity anymore because I feel that, there's no point to it. Although I am no longer motivated to do it, I still think this hobby is a defining trait of me. Something I am interested in but cannot do. So I am here to ask for some motivation to pursue this hobby. I also feel that it can improve my mental health if I were to give it a chance.
The key thing to make this hobby fun is to share it with other people who are nice to you and who are also interested in the hobby as well. When it comes down to it, any hobby is interesting really ultimately for the social benefits from it- without this it becomes dry and uninteresting. ARe there clubs, conferences, online group, or other ways to share this hpbby with others?

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
The key thing to make this hobby fun is to share it with other people who are nice to you and who are also interested in the hobby as well. When it comes down to it, any hobby is interesting really ultimately for the social benefits from it- without this it becomes dry and uninteresting. ARe there clubs, conferences, online group, or other ways to share this hpbby with others?
Yes, the oppertunity I was talking about is someone who also enjoys this hobby and is good at. I recently found out they are also interested and was going to ask them to help me get better then I ended up beating myself up.