opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
like the title says.

i'm not in a place where I am ready to post everything timestamped etc. but I wanted to say something. we partially did this to hopefully educate others as well.

I am both deeply respectful and in active grief

despite us planning it this way.
despite knowing when and how and why
I was never going to be the one to try to alter that choice, I simply provided them a way not to be alone.

we grew very close in the time we talked, spending hours on the phone, even laughing together, real laughter, up until about 20 minutes before the protocol began.

everything was planned by then before I came into the picture, and it's a method that is high on my list. i'll be posting an official thread soon but I just felt the need to vent.

I will never be the same. I love you, M. 🤍

thanks for reading

xx Ophelia

edit: for further clarity, the user did not make a goodbye thread themselves. they left that up to me because I said I would take care of it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ladylazarus4, iloveloving, nomoredolor and 27 others
Z

zekeyaeger

Mar 30, 2023
RIP me to them, I am glad they found peace. You did good work there. Do you wish to share more details regarding the event?

Reactions: opheliaoveragain and Unknown21
M

Murakami'sCat

Aug 26, 2021
I am sure they appreciated you being there for them in their final moments.

I hope your friend is now peace on the other side.

And sending you some hugs.
<3

• Love
Reactions: Tonkpils and opheliaoveragain
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
May they rest in peace. I hope you are doing alright. Take all the time you need, it can be hard.

• Love
Reactions: Tonkpils and opheliaoveragain
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
RIP me to them, I am glad they found peace. You did good work there. Do you wish to share more details regarding the event?
for everyone wondering, there is a much longer thread coming. with their protocol and everything time stamped to the minute. I stayed til I knew for sure. it's just heavy right now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: landslide2, mapleboy, Theresnoescape and 9 others
skyflame

skyflame

Oct 1, 2024
take all the time you need to look after yourself. reach out if/when you need to talk to someone.

RIP to your friend x

• Love
Reactions: opheliaoveragain
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
i'm sure you must be feeling a lot right now. i hope you're taking care of yourself.

• Love
LapseInTime

LapseInTime

Top-notch parasite.
Sep 4, 2024
I hope they found peace! And of course, it is nice they weren't alone.

• Love
nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
I'm so sorry for your loss <3 Please take care of yourself

• Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and opheliaoveragain
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
I hope they're at peace now, and I hope you're taking care of yourself. That is a very heavy event to go through. But you're a genuinely wonderful person for being there for them. No one should have to go through that alone if they don't want to. But being that person for someone is a very difficult position to be in for most people, I imagine. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk or vent. I'm pretty shit at consoling, but I can be an ear for sure.

• Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and opheliaoveragain
TenThousandTrees

TenThousandTrees

The ocean washed over your grave
Aug 25, 2024
Oh goodness, it takes a lot of strength to do that, especially with someone you've grown close to. Surely it was a great comfort to have you there, though. Take all the time for yourself that you need 🫂

• Love
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Félicitations à vous
RIP him

A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
You are an amazing human for ensuring they weren't alone, extremely kind & generous of you. Hope they are in peace & serenity now.

• Love
Reactions: opheliaoveragain and Defenestration
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
@opheliaoveragain what a courageous thing to do, to be there for another person to keep them comfort as they die. In a world that fails to provide dignified assisted dying services with proper medical and family support... This -- what you did -- is the very best that any of us can do. And it takes so much courage and strength.

It also takes a heavy mental and emotional toll.

Take care of yourself, and reach out any time you want. My DMs are open any time and I'd do the best I can to support you, and I'm sure many other members here would do the same.

• Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4, opheliaoveragain and Defenestration
MsHelena

MsHelena

Jun 20, 2024
I hope your friend had a peaceful ending, and I hope you have all the support that you need as you must be holding so, so much right now🫂

Such a gift of loving kindness and true friendship to be with them in their final moments.

People who ctb deserve hospice care and a death doula to ease their passing if they want, same as anyone else who is ready to die.
Hopefully one day the world will be more accepting of this reality.

• Love
Reactions: Defenestration and opheliaoveragain
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
like the title says.

i'm not in a place where I am ready to post everything timestamped etc. but I wanted to say something. we partially did this to hopefully educate others as well.

I am both deeply respectful and in active grief

despite us planning it this way.
despite knowing when and how and why
I was never going to be the one to try to alter that choice, I simply provided them a way not to be alone.

we grew very close in the time we talked, spending hours on the phone, even laughing together, real laughter, up until about 20 minutes before the protocol began.

everything was planned by then before I came into the picture, and it's a method that is high on my list. i'll be posting an official thread soon but I just felt the need to vent.

I will never be the same. I love you, M. 🤍

thanks for reading

xx Ophelia

edit: for further clarity, the user did not make a goodbye thread themselves. they left that up to me because I said I would take care of it.
🌹💔

• Love
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Thank you to everyone thus far that has offered an ear/to hold space. it's hard to keep track with my head feeling like this, but if you feel like you want to reach out, feel free to do so. I really fucking appreciate it more than you all can know 🤍🤍🌹

there's truly no way to prepare for the reality, the minutes that turn into years, laughter that turns into silence, knowing you supported what they truly wanted but still missing them.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: PhDone, rozeske, ladylazarus4 and 5 others