C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Was reading some articles about self love just to try that I can survive for a few years to get my divorce sorted out and some money spent.

Then I read this fucking piece of sentence:

"Realize how fortunate you are to be a living, breathing, and functioning human being."

Thanks for nothing prolifers.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Costrecce, ChronicallyCynical, dead_milky and 10 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Pro-lifers really don't get any of our problems, they have been too privileged to ever understand our struggles in the slightest and their only response to every one of our complaints about our distress is: "Realize how fortunate you are to be a living, breathing, and functioning human being" Just as you wrote. I'm out of words, actually.

Reactions: Costrecce, Praestat_Mori, illvoid and 3 others
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
Was reading some articles about self love just to try that I can survive for a few years to get my divorce sorted out and some momey spent.

"Realize how fortunate you are to be a living, breathing, and functioning human being."

Oh yeah isn't it great: I love having a debilitating brain tumour. Love the 3 day migraines, the tinnitus, the neuralgia and whoopee, now my face is going numb and I've got chronic, acute facial spasms. Love the double vision I get and it's great that it could all have been prevented if not for the corrupt nhs. Love the fact I still have to work because I have no one to support me, the financial pressure while ill is so enjoyable. Super duper to be breathing!! I'm sooo fortunate.

Sorry, don't mean to derail your thread, it's just that I relate.
What makes my blood boil is when people say "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem". No it's a permanent problem, assholes.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Costrecce, backtoearth and 12 others
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Written by a so called "life coach"...

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/30-ways-practice-self-love-and-good-yourself.html
Oh yeah isn't it great: I love having a debilitating brain tumour. Love the 3 day migraines, the tinnitus, the neuralgia and whoopee, now my face is going numb and I've got chronic, acute facial spasms. Love the double vision I get and it's great that it could all have been prevented if not for the corrupt nhs. Love the fact I still have to work because I have no one to support me, the financial pressure while ill is so enjoyable. Super duper to be breathing!! I'm sooo fortunate.

What makes my blood boil is when people say "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem". No it's a permanent problem, assholes.
Yes, I also love it that my already highly problematic parents brought me into this hell, abused me as narcissists just like my wife and now I cant even waste my money because the state has control over peoples life through the so called marriage.

So thankful that I am a breathing and barely functioning human....WTF

Last edited:
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Costrecce and DeadHead
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023

That is so sad to hear, my dad died of a brain tumour and was failed by the NHS. He went to the doctor multiple times with headaches, sensitivity to light, fatigue, they just told him he was depressed and sent him away. It was only when he couldn't move out of bed a doctor came out and sent him to hospital for tests and they discovered the tumour but it was too late too do anything, he a died not long after. They failed me too, I really don't trust our healthcare system anymore. Best wishes to you, I hope you get the comfort you seek

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Praestat_Mori, anhedonicNfoggy and 1 other person
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
That is so sad to hear, my dad died of a brain tumour and was failed by the NHS. He went to the doctor multiple times with headaches, sensitivity to light, fatigue, they just told him he was depressed and sent him away. It was only when he couldn't move out of bed a doctor came out and sent him to hospital for tests and they discovered the tumour but it was too late too do anything, he a died not long after. They failed me too, I really don't trust our healthcare system anymore. Best wishes to you, I hope you get the comfort you seek
Thanks you, I was ignored for years, told I was just anxious, had my records falsified numerous times. I've walked away from the medical mafia and manage it on my own with great difficulty and zero support from anyone. I live alone. I'm sorry about your dad, I detest the nhs with a passion I can't even articulate.

• Love
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Praestat_Mori and Per Ardua Ad Astra
NancyVicious

NancyVicious

Aug 21, 2023
Just the terms 'self love' and 'life coach' make me want to stab my eyeballs out. It would be fantastic if we could all love and accept ourselves for who we are but many of these people don't understand what it's like to be barely clinging to life with their fingertips. A few optimistic quotes and mantras won't fix years of mental illness or trauma. It's like when people say, 'feeling depressed? Have a nice long relaxing bath or go for a walk'. Yeah, cheers Sharon, that will cure it all and pull me right out of the abyss

• Love
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Costrecce, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Just the terms 'self love' and 'life coach' make me want to stab my eyeballs out. It would be fantastic if we could all love and accept ourselves for who we are but many of these people don't understand what it's like to be barely clinging to life with their fingertips. A few optimistic quotes and mantras won't fix years of mental illness or trauma. It's like when people say, 'feeling depressed? Have a nice long relaxing bath or go for a walk'. Yeah, cheers Sharon, that will cure it all and pull me right out of the abyss
Dont forget "dont be so hard to yourself", "enjoy the little things", "other people are much worse off"....

How can one love itself if that person was brought into this world by sick parents who should not have bred???

• Love
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Praestat_Mori and NancyVicious
NancyVicious

NancyVicious

Aug 21, 2023
Dont forget "dont be so hard to yourself", "enjoy the little things", "other people are much worse off"....

How can one love itself if that person was brought into this world by sick parents who should not have bred???
Yep, I hear you. Some of us are set up to fail from the beginning. If your parents don't love you in the normal way parents should you constantly wait for other people to abuse you, abandon you, we look for love from others who will hurt us because that's all we've known and the cycle continues. The world is fucking cruel

Reactions: conarc, ChronicallyCynical and Praestat_Mori
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I got really tired of all these useless platitudes. Condescension drips from every word in those statements.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Costrecce and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023

OH YEAH - What a great life I have, rotting and decaying at home, after a big failure from which I never could and never can recover again to have a real great life ...

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical
A

Alisalyx

Jul 2, 2023
Jokes on you, I'm not a functioning human being!

• Hugs
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical and Costrecce
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
And sometimes the religious pro-lifers don't even try and tell an atheist: "God loves you".

Great, good to know that nobody loves me. I'm loved by a non-existent being.

I might as well read reader-insert stories, 'cause I'd get the same kind of love from that. Imaginary, I mean.

Another gem has to be: "Life is beautiful.".

Reactions: conarc