• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
I post this in self-recovery because I actually want to live. But these thoughts have been boggling my mind for quite a while.

I sometimes think that some of us are not meant for living since we're all are required to do things we don't want. (school, work, etc.). While most of us embrace life and turn those obligations into what they choose to do, few of us simply do not want to do anything. In the past, when people would hunt and gather, few of humans didn't want to hunt or gather, either, for example. So it doesn't have anything to do with how the world around us have changed. Maybe it all boils down to how brains of some of us are wired.

This will be probably seen as an excuse by pro-lifers - but I don't really think they're excuses. Not wanting to do something might sound like laziness; but when you look at life and all the things we do, it is pretty apparent that no one has to do anything at all.

GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Many people in this world are not very good at being here. This is a hard place to be. We all leave here. This place is not permanent. That should be a comfort to anyone who has a real hard time here. This is not our home. This is a place for lessons and many of the lessons are very hard. It will one day go away just like the problem you might be worried about in the morning will not be the problem you will face in the afternoon. ❤

0utsider

0utsider

Dec 9, 2020
I relate to you so much. We had no choice, no consent when we were brought in to the world. Suddenly expected to spend existence living according to someone else's standards. Having responsibilities and consequences forced onto us without having a say in the matter. Being held down and tortured by circumstances completely outside our control. Even if one attempts to follow socially accepted ideals and works hard for a "good life", there is every possibility that your life will come crashing down around you and destroy everything you've built.

To make it worse, escape from life is made taboo, illegal and unacceptable. People mindlessly drone on about how "life will just get better if you wait", or "you're gonna regret everything you could have done if you die". For most of us, the pain of living outweighs the pain of regret when we end it. Problems may go away, but new ones always arise. You aren't "strong" if you overcome hardship. It just means you've lied to yourself in order to give your suffering some meaning.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
The question is, are there alternatives to death? I think there are.

Reactions: GoneGirl
SorrySandy

SorrySandy

Æmber
Nov 15, 2020
The question is, are there alternatives to death? I think there are.
With your name I'm listening ;)
Really like the Sinead quote in your signature too. Exactly that.. very tiring and impossible after a while

Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
With your name I'm listening ;)

For instance, working can be bearable if you can find a job which is stimulating and rewarding or if you can earn a living on your hobby; the latter takes much effort, though.

Really like the Sinead quote in your signature too. Exactly that.. very tiring and impossible after a while

The quote really speaks to me. When I have depressive episodes, my life literally revolves around not dying.

Reactions: SorrySandy
SorrySandy

SorrySandy

Æmber
Nov 15, 2020
For instance, working can be bearable if you can find a job which is stimulating and rewarding or if you can earn a living on your hobby; the latter takes much effort, though.

The quote really speaks to me. When I have depressive episodes, my life literally revolves around not dying.
Yeah, I hear you. Think I've exhausted the above possibility around finding work that has any meaning to me, or at all at this stage.

Yep the quote - I so relate to what you said, too. That's the one

Reactions: Sensei