• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
There was a girl who contacted me in Reddit DMs of all places in May 2023, we talked until she ghosted me in July, saying that she'd try to live until February. Well, now it's February, and she hasn't updated her song playlist in a few weeks, neither has she engaged online. I know, it's stalking, but it's not I have anything better to do with my life. So she might be decomposing right now xd

(I'm autistic & jaded, alright? I was also gifting her Twitch subs anonymously (to the streamers she watched), that's pretty pathetic.)

Of course, this entire thing clashes with my pro-mortalist stance, so I'm happy @FuneralCry doesn't read this forum sub-section. It's not like I'm disappointed that she no longer suffers - after all, everything is highly irrelevant (and I wished she would exercise her will). And anyway, the only plausible argument against suicide can be the possibility of indefinite lifespan extension through the artificial intelligence singularity - and that might never happen, and is fanciful anyway.

She's Japanese, so I kind of wonder whether it would make sense to do some ritual on the 49th day? I don't know much about Buddhism, would it only hurt? Or is it absolutely irrelevant?

I promise I'm not a fake suicider by bringing up another person's story! While I'd not kill myself over her like @penguinl0v3s' case, I'll still kill myself some day - unless another chance occurrence with astronomically-unlikely odds changes my fate in a miraculous fashion. (Or I slip in the bathroom xd)

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
It's completely normal to feel bad for someone you lost, even when your beliefs don't see dying as a bad thing. Feelings aren't fully controllable, don't be hard on yourself.
The worst feeling is surprisingly the fear of becoming even more jaded. And I don't even drink (absinth or otherwise).

T

Thia

recovering
Nov 24, 2023
I am not religious or spiritual at all so my knowledge on this is limited compared to the average Japanese person, but afaik the 49th day ceremony is only observed by blood relatives as a general rule. It's up to you, though.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I feel so weird, in the end. I only started feeling it ten days later - I'm that slow. A few points.

1. Survivor's guilt.
2. Curiosity.
3. Schadenfreude.
4. Gratitude.
5. Sorrow - noble.
6. Sorrow - jaded.
7. Sorrow - November.

Back in May-June 2023, I was giving this story's chapters successive names - Andersen, Hoffman, Kafka. Now I don't recognise what this story is - some HPMOR cringe about the wonders of tech? Or LotR about its horrors? Or Savitri Devi about the coming of Kalki?

Anyway, it's all just trying to shape my formless existence into meaning. Which was never there to begin with.

I also feel inadequately awkward that I wasn't feeling like this during the first week. Why am I such a giraffe?

That said, I'm not actively suicidal. Unless one might count my procrastination with my online school tasks as such - but it's par for the course.

Another thing - is this feeling going to disappear? Even now I can't cry because I don't consider myself serious enough. And I'm still eager to see my vain trinkets emerge - Cosmonarchy Brood War, the Stormgate fiasco, ZeroSpace release, Russia's tragedy in the war, the coming of ASI. And with time, isn't this memory going to get ever vaguer, more distant? Or should I prick my finger every month?

P.S. I'm hurrying to save this message lest my computer randomly BSODs and I suffer.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Man I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this the wrong way, but I'm not faking suicidal ideation 😢