L

liferuiner

Oct 6, 2023
This will probably be understood best by the Buddhists here.

There are as many views on Buddhist cosmology as there are Buddhists, but I'm of the belief that the different realms are mental, not physical. This makes sense, considering that animals are on the same planet as us.

I think I was reincarnated as a hungry ghost. I've struggled with addictions since I was 12, and I also binge eat (which would very literally fit the hungry ghosts). I've always thought that I was cursed in some way, and I guess this would explain that somewhat. I've had a very difficult life, and a lot of things have gone wrong during it. A curse is the only logical explanation.

I've been trying to improve my karma before I CTB so I don't just get reincarnated into a shithole again, but, honestly, I'm a shit person. Morals don't come natural to me. My therapist suspects I have ASPD. I wonder if that's a byproduct of my curse/reincarnation?

I'm just sharing my thoughts. None of my friends are Buddhist (my 2 whole friends), so I've never told anyone this before. Plus, I probably did... Less than great things to be reincarnated as a hungry ghost in the first place.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

There are as many views on Buddhist cosmology as there are Buddhists, but I'm of the belief that the different realms are mental, not physical. This makes sense, considering that animals are on the same planet as us.

I think I was reincarnated as a hungry ghost. I've struggled with addictions since I was 12, and I also binge eat (which would very literally fit the hungry ghosts). I've always thought that I was cursed in some way, and I guess this would explain that somewhat. I've had a very difficult life, and a lot of things have gone wrong during it. A curse is the only logical explanation.

I've been trying to improve my karma before I CTB so I don't just get reincarnated into a shithole again, but, honestly, I'm a shit person. Morals don't come natural to me. My therapist suspects I have ASPD. I wonder if that's a byproduct of my curse/reincarnation?

I'm just sharing my thoughts. None of my friends are Buddhist (my 2 whole friends), so I've never told anyone this before. Plus, I probably did... Less than great things to be reincarnated as a hungry ghost in the first place.
Who/what do you think you were in your past life?

I think that I'm cursed as well. I'm neurodivergent (Asperger's/autism, ADHD, and social anxiety) and I wonder what kind of past life karma I have to deserve this. I wonder who I was in my past life and what I did to deserve Asperger's. It's literally a curse. I tried the Brian Weiss past life regression but failed (didn't see anything but black), and I really want to find out who I was in my past life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
L

liferuiner

Oct 6, 2023
I have no clue who I was in my past life. Probably no one good..

What's the Brian Weiss past life regression? It sounds interesting.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
karma isn't real the main evidence I see that shows me it is not real is that almost all of the millionaires/billionaires on the planet got their money through causing suffering, and they often continue to cause suffering throughout their lives. Yet, they bask in luxury and objectively have a much better experience than those who try to be kind and minimize suffering.

If karma is real, how is it that those who destroy the planet and use humans as pawns in their game are the ones who are living the best lives, with multiple properties, yachts, endless vacations, etc.? Why is evil so heavily rewarded?

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I have no clue who I was in my past life. Probably no one good..

What's the Brian Weiss past life regression? It sounds interesting.
It's a past life regression session on youtube, it went viral on tiktok during the pandemic

Last edited:
L

liferuiner

Oct 6, 2023
karma isn't real the main evidence I see that shows me it is not real is that almost all of the millionaires/billionaires on the planet got their money through causing suffering, and they often continue to cause suffering throughout their lives. Yet, they bask in luxury and objectively have a much better experience than those who try to be kind and minimize suffering.

If karma is real, how is it that those who destroy the planet and use humans as pawns in their game are the ones who are living the best lives, with multiple properties, yachts, endless vacations, etc.? Why is evil so heavily rewarded?
Karma affects how you're reborn. Those rich fuckers may be happy in this life, but they'll be reborn into the same conditions they inflicted onto others. War, poverty, famine, you name it..

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021

Karma theory only makes sense if you also accept reincarnation and don't expect the laws of the cosmos to reflect human ethics.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Karma affects how you're reborn. Those rich fuckers may be happy in this life, but they'll be reborn into the same conditions they inflicted onto others. War, poverty, famine, you name it..
Karma works both in the current life and in the next life. It is that dynamic law that is active life after life. Each human being is recording its own Karma according to Karma in Hinduism, Karma is the universal Hindu law of cause and effect which holds a person responsible for his or her actions and effects. According to one's good or bad actions, Bhagwan rewards or punishes. The word 'karma' means human action or deed; we are constantly performing karmas whether physically, mentally, or emotionally, sorry to say but karma theory is a load of nonsense
Life is so cruel
Bad things happen to good people all the time, for no reason at all. Life's cruelty is indiscriminate.
Life also doesn't care how much you've sacrificed or how hard you've worked. Just because you earned something or deserved it doesn't mean you'll get it.
The universe is cold and uncaring. It operates based on the random collisions of molecules, not a sense of purpose or destiny. There are no guarantees in life, no matter how carefully you plan or how diligently you work. Life's cruelty is arbitrary and meaningless.
Life can be cruel; there's just no getting around it. Bad things happen to good people all the time. You could be the most virtuous, generous soul on the planet and still get dealt a bad hand.
It's not fair, but it's reality. You can work hard your whole life and still end up with nothing to show for it. You might suffer a terrible illness or injury through no fault of your own. Someone you love and trust could betray or abandon you unexpectedly.
The world is indifferent to the suffering of individuals. As much as we like to believe in karma, there is little evidence that the universe bends toward justice or that good deeds are rewarded. While life has moments of beauty, joy, and connection, it also contains immense suffering, and there is no rhyme or reason for who experiences what.
Some people live lives of relative comfort, while others endure immense hardships through no fault of their own. Children get cancer, natural disasters strike, and famine and drought ravage communities. There is no cosmic reason why some suffer more; it is merely the result of a cold, random universe. The truth is that the distribution of suffering is wildly uneven and unjust.
Life can be cruel in ways we don't expect and often can't control. Hard times happen to us all, and while we can take steps to influence our circumstances, we have limited say over many of life's hardships.
You may do everything "right"—work hard, treat others with kindness, make good choices—yet still face difficulties. Loved ones get sick, natural disasters strike, jobs are lost, and relationships end. We can't prevent all of life's troubles, as much as we may try. Some amount of suffering and setback is inevitable for every person.
Cruelty is an unfortunate part of human nature. We all have the capacity for cruelty, which is the willingness to inflict physical or psychological pain on others. Some argue cruelty is a byproduct of things like greed, hatred, or the desire for power over others.
Life can be cruel and unfair. There is no cosmic justice or karma—bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. It's random and indifferent. The universe doesn't care about fairness or just outcomes.
Don't expect that if you live a virtuous life, good things will come to you—or that if you wrong others, misfortune will befall you. Karma is a comforting idea, but there's no evidence it operates in real life. Chance and randomness govern the world, not some mysterious moral force.
Life can be cruel—there's no way around it. As much as we try to avoid pain and suffering, it's an inescapable part of the human experience.
Heartbreak, grief, stress, anxiety, depression, loneliness, failure, rejection, guilt, regret—the list of sources for emotional anguish is endless. Our complex minds and relationships mean we frequently face mental and emotional struggles. The truth is, if you live long enough, you will experience deep emotional pain at some point.