Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Under my belt I have suffered a lot of abuse and trauma. To name a few:
1) Abusive mom who made me suicidal
2) Bullying in every school level even in college
3) Sexually abused in my first club in college
4) Sexually assaulted by my first friend in colleges boyfriend
5) Hurt my roommates in college
6) Spoke and reported my abuses to people who were supposed to help me and didnt

I could go on and on, but you get the point
I really hate how the mental health system is
How everyone thinks everyone can be "saved"
Sure we should try to help others so they don't feel suicide is the only way out
But, when you have been dragged so badly I think suicide is a natural desire
Sometimes we just cannot muster through life. Sometimes it is hard and painful. And if we die by suicide, thats ok
We did out best. We are not weak. We are fucking strong. And I feel like if everyone has access to euthanasia, then maybe we would feel happier. Knowing if we wanted to die at any point, we had that choice to do so. But this mentality of of "go to therapy and get healed!" can be toxic. Because some people don't heal. Some people just suffer. And its not fair. We can't always be the hero and save everyone. We may want to and its usually from a good place. But we also have limits.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, charlottewilts, EmbraceOfTheVoid and 6 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Yeah it sucks people think everyone can be ''saved''. I'm sorry to hear you have suffered.

I think having euthanasia available for everyone would make me less suicidal as I know there would be a way out peacefully. I wouldn't have to worry about failing methods because the people doing would be experts.

• Love
Reactions: Heart Shards and DeathIsTheWayOut99
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Yeah it sucks people think everyone can be ''saved''. I'm sorry to hear you have suffered.

I think having euthanasia available for everyone would make me less suicidal as I know there would be a way out peacefully. I wouldn't have to worry about failing methods because the people doing would be experts.
Exactly. However most people would fight back with "of course you can be saved!". Ugh

• Love
Reactions: lostangel and Heart Shards
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
First off, really sorry to hear about your past. I can't fathom how that feels. The reason euthanasia is illegal, I figure, is that big pharma would lose a lot of money. Instead of being locked up, put on meds, therapist, all that torture, we will be dead. Pharma loses money, Doctors and therapist lose their paycheck. I think it's all about money; they make more keeping us alive. It would make some people healthier knowing they can leave the earth with dignity.

Reactions: cantgetoutofbed, CalmStrikeofMercy and DeathIsTheWayOut99
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Life really gave you a full plate of problems it seems. The mental health system is an awkward mix between people wanting to help us but not having the time, money or resources to do it properly. In theory yes many of us could be 'saved' from our mental states, but the reality is that unless the help is there we won't get very far. I agree that people here are not weak. We've all tried to make it through life at our own pace, just like everyone else in the world. There's nothing different about us other than unfortunate situations and mental problems.

• Love
Reactions: happy?1270, DeathIsTheWayOut99 and Heart Shards
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Life really gave you a full plate of problems it seems. The mental health system is an awkward mix between people wanting to help us but not having the time, money or resources to do it properly. In theory yes many of us could be 'saved' from our mental states, but the reality is that unless the help is there we won't get very far. I agree that people here are not weak. We've all tried to make it through life at our own pace, just like everyone else in the world. There's nothing different about us other than unfortunate situations and mental problems.
Indeed. like why should I have to suffer through trying to "heal". Like if I want to die, I should be able to. Its not easy waking up with flashbacks of abuse. Its just not fair. I never asked for this. It shouldn't be "why didnt you try harder" but it should be "why wasn't I helped when I reported my abusers and spoke up?

• Aww..
Reactions: Heart Shards
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
Indeed. like why should I have to suffer through trying to "heal". Like if I want to die, I should be able to. Its not easy waking up with flashbacks of abuse. Its just not fair. I never asked for this. It shouldn't be "why didnt you try harder" but it should be "why wasn't I helped when I reported my abusers and spoke up?
If you didn't consent to being born, why should you have consent to leave? It shouldn't be hard for anti-suicide people to understand.

Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I really feel, not going to say happy exactly, but at least relieved now that I got my N. having the option to die literally whenever the fuck I want is enough for me to try to give this life a final shot.

Mental health is something that no one really takes seriously, it's hard for people to comprehend it when they can't see it and haven't suffered from it. I suffer from a laundry list of really bad health issues, but the mental health part is what makes me want to die.

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I find comfort in knowing that I have a way to escape which makes me less suicidal. People trying to force me to live against my will, censoring methods, and forcing me to lie makes me far more likely to commit suicide but I guess these people are too dumb to realize that.

Reactions: Fragile