• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lonely247

lonely247

Mar 7, 2024
Yesterday I was self harming myself by cutting using an exacto blade and I think I cut to deep. The cut is deep and wide and my arm is in a lot of pain. I think I may need stitches but don't want to go to the doctors because then they'll just put me in a psych ward since I live in FL because they just backer act me.

Today during work I felt some blood still coming out and went to the bathroom to try to clean it more but still like I said isn't doing much good……

I'm just not sure what I should do or who I should talk to…

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
I'm so sorry that happened ❤️ I've been in similar situations when SHing and it rlly sucks. Do you see any yellow chunky stuff? If so you may have cut into the fat layer and may need stitches, I also heard that if the cut is deeper than 1/4th inches you might also need them. If you want to try to treat it on your own (understandable, I've always been too scared to go to doctors when SH) Butterfly bandages might help (directions in attachment) they help keep cuts closed but I'm not sure how effective they would be if the cut is super deep. I would also recommend keeping it bandaged and dry to prevent infection, and changing the bandages once a day. I hope it heals and I hope you're okay <3 if it gets too bad you might want to consider going to doctors, either way I hope the pain ends 🫂 [iATTACH=full]134920[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_6542.webp
    37 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
dr0wnm3

dr0wnm3

:3
Mar 31, 2024
Hi! I'm sorry this happened. It seems to have scared you a lot, which is totally understandable. As for advice, see below.

First off, please stop the bleeding. It's not a good sign for a cut to still be bleeding hours after making it. It massively increases the risk of infection and obviously blood loss in itself is not conductive to being physically healthy.

In order to know what care you need after you've stopped the bleeding, you need to determine how deep the cut is. Look up self-harm aftercare guides, they normally have drawings or pictures that you can compare your cuts to. From your description, it's likely to the dermis or hypodermis (fat) layer. It could also be deeper, but I can't tell because I can't see it (but you can). You generally can't (and shouldn't!) get stitches or other closures after 12 hours for cuts to fat or deeper so your best bet is to consult a couple of aftercare guides and clean and treat your cut according to the guide. For cuts to the dermis that gape open, they will scar slightly raised, and you generally don't need to use closures unless you want to. Keep an eye out for signs of infection and change your dressings at least once a day. If you plan on continuing to cut, consider keeping a first aid kit with you.

I won't tell you what to do regarding seeking medical attention because god knows I don't listen to that either, but it's reasonable to seek medical attention if your cuts won't stop bleeding, won't start healing, begin to look infected, or start to significantly impair your movement. If the cut is deeper than fat, or if you in the future cut nerves, tendons, ligaments, or vessels, try your best to seek medical attention.

With regards to being committed to a psych ward, learn what your rights are and try to find someone you trust who can help you with advocating for yourself. Seeking medical attention for any mental health issue can be very difficult, but having supportive people around you makes it substantially easier. Best of luck.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: xsa and soulkitty
melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
Yesterday I was self harming myself by cutting using an exacto blade and I think I cut to deep. The cut is deep and wide and my arm is in a lot of pain. I think I may need stitches but don't want to go to the doctors because then they'll just put me in a psych ward since I live in FL because they just backer act me.

Today during work I felt some blood still coming out and went to the bathroom to try to clean it more but still like I said isn't doing much good……

I'm just not sure what I should do or who I should talk to…
Would you consider giving yourself stitches ? It's not easy but might be a skill you could learn if you are self harming a lot, and don't wish to be perceived the wrong way by the ward.
If I can find some links I'll post them on stitches
( obvi try to be as clean as possible to risk further infection )
I hope this helps a little…. I know when you receive bad help it opens so many doors to new problems. Wishing you peace from you're suffering 🧡

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
cutting you will not necessarily get you transferred to a psychiatric hospital.

I once went to the doctor for the same reason: a deep cut that needed healing. They simply put anesthesia in the wound and sewed it up.

So, they may recommend you seek professional help but I think you should go and get it fixed before it gets infected and your arm gets worse.

• Love
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
By all rights you should get medical help but the important thing to do is stop the bleeding and keep it clean.

Put pressure on it either with a clean dressing and your hand if it's flowing or a bandage (not too tight) if it's just seeping.

When the blood stops and it starts to clot and dry, gently clean the area with sterile gauze and sterile water.

Put a low adherent absorbent dressing over the top and secure it in place. It will probably bleed again now as the cleaning will irritate it but that's ok. So long as the vessels have started to heal, it will soon clot.

Keep the dressing dry and change it as often as necessary if it seeps and oozes and don't leave it any longer than two or three days once the healing gets under way.

HOWEVER....

If the pain continues, if the area is hot, swollen, puffy, smelly, if you get a temperature or start to feel ill THEN GET THEE TO A DOCTOR. I've had a few infections from SH recently and briefly considered allowing the infection to go untreated in order to get septicemia but quick research suggested this would be an agonisingly horrendous and slow way to go. So, if there's any sign of infection, take responsibility for your actions and seek help.

Well done for asking for advice btw.

lonely247

lonely247

Mar 7, 2024
Would you consider giving yourself stitches ? It's not easy but might be a skill you could learn if you are self harming a lot, and don't wish to be perceived the wrong way by the ward.
I hope this helps a little…. I know when you receive bad help it opens so many doors to new problems. Wishing you peace from you're suffering 🧡
Yes I would give myself stitches

Tact

Tact

Aug 16, 2023
Whatever you do, note the signs of sepsis. If you're considering CTB, sepsis is a really painful method (hopefully obvious). Either way, make sure your wound is disinfected often.

• Love
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I would not advise this. If you don't have medical experience the risks of this are very very high. Especially if you have a wound that's been open for hours, closing it up yourself without very thorough cleaning can actually close in bacteria and cause infection. There are also many nuances to stitches, at least in the US only doctors are allowed to place stitches, not nurses. They are not something I would recommend doing to yourself without significant medical knowledge. I would recommend butterfly bandages and do not use them until after a very through disinfection of the wound.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
I would not advise this. If you don't have medical experience the risks of this are very very high. Especially if you have a wound that's been open for hours, closing it up yourself without very thorough cleaning can actually close in bacteria and cause infection. There are also many nuances to stitches, at least in the US only doctors are allowed to place stitches, not nurses. They are not something I would recommend doing to yourself without significant medical knowledge. I would recommend butterfly bandages and do not use them until after a very through disinfection of the wound.
I completely agree ! Just in case this person was absolutely against going to the hospital as a last case scenario I was suggesting, cuz it seemed like op was resistant to going to seek help, which I understand but agree best to just go to the er with a story in mind of how it happened.
Also I've gone for cuts many of times , they usually just say it's not serious enough and overlook it tbh in todays system , there's a high demand for beds and help in the ward too. They don't admit people unless they rly feel they have to ; or are worried. Atleast where I'm from , but I think it's super interesting how each systems so different ……

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
How's it going OP? How are you feeling?

MyTimeIsUp

MyTimeIsUp

I often wonder if there is an afterlife, do you?
Feb 27, 2024
You definitely need medical attention.

I used to cut, and one of the times I cut myself really badly, my boyfriend at the time made me go to the hospital, they numbed it and stitched me up. I wasn't sectioned or anything

It's important to seek medical attention in order to prevent infection, and you definitely don't want that. It isn't pleasant.

You're not alone in your suffering

I hope your day has been better today

• Hugs
Helvete

Helvete

Apr 9, 2024
You should seek medical help. If you are worried about them not letting you leave, prepare your story for them ahead of time. If you also have other scars/marks that might tip them off that this isnt just a simple cut, so if that is your concern try to wear something to conceal them. Bleeding after hours is definitely a big issue though so please be safe

L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
I know this was posted a while ago and OP I hope you got medical attention and your wound is healing. Just as a note to anyone, i would never recommend anyone stitching themselves up because the risk of getting an infection and it becoming more serious is so much higher because you can close the bacteria into the wound. This is why cuts can only be closed within a set time period and should be done after thorough irrigation and aseptically with suture packs.