O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
This isn't a complaint about the content of the news or mainstream media or anything, just the way it's delivered.

It's just like DADADADADADALALALALALALALA nonstop word spam. I always think can you please calm down and just talk slowly about this. Why does it have to be so tense and anxious. Chill out! It's just motor mouths speaking 5 words a second. If I am experiencing noise pollution from a tv there are certain programs that are calm and docile sounding when coming through my door, but the news is among the worst. It's like their news room is in the middle of a warzone and they're all high on meth, just so intense and extreme day after day. I can't even make out the words they are saying, I just hear a pure rush of agonizing word spam by someone incredibly upset/angry. If I lived near a person who spoke like this all the time I would lose my mind.

I wish the news was presented by someone who is half sedated, nodding off and yawning while lazily presenting the information in their pajamas and sipping hot cocoa.

• Love
Reactions: Depressed Cat, pthnrdnojvsc, MeltedJello and 4 others
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
I also hate that way to present news. And I hate that extreme gendering in the news. They just try to find a female Form of every word. It makes sentences unnecessary long and everything boring.

Reactions: Depressed Cat and Circles
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Let's not forget the insane contrast and color saturation that you find on cable news, which basically requires you to wear welding mask to protect your vision while watching. Suffice it to say, I much prefer reading news to watching it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Depressed Cat, Manaaja, littlelungs and 2 others
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
its all fucking political propaganda and both sides are equally bad

Reactions: Depressed Cat, Lady black and Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Joey Diaz who's a comedian in the US said something one time on a podcast that every time he watches the news they make it sound like it's like the end of the fucking world every day with bad shit happening just to create more clickbait-y divisive crap. It's like that with me I can't handle it it create so much fucking anxiety I hate it.

Reactions: Depressed Cat
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
There are no unbiased (general) news, they all have an agenda.

If there's a fight between Group A and Group B in a city.

One news site will report "Two Group A guys hit two Group B guys!" and post a photo or a 10 second video (filled with 30 second adds) to prove that it actually happened to make people believe that Group A is really bad and Group B really good.
Another news site will report "Two Group B guys hit two Group A guys!" and post a photo or a 10 second video (not filled with adds) to prove that it actually happened to make people believe that A is good and B bad.

So I always have to read both news sites to get the full picture and I hate it. I wish there were apolitical (general) news sites but they don't exist...

And all the (general) news are most often negative which breeds mass hysteria and a negative view of the world.

But I love reading game, techonology, computer and console newssites! They are often unbiased, well-written, informative, truthful and positive.

Reactions: Depressed Cat