D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
Weeks before CTB date I was distracted and did not think so in depth about it than I am these days. It's only when you get closer to that date when you start thinking about it, what it entails and consequences it can have. You start to think about ties if you still have those. In my case I do and they are the ones contributing to my survival instinct.

My main tie is my mom in her elderly age who will return abroad to hear the news. I am hoping she will get over it so she can return to the country where her loved ones are because here she will be alone. My death is the solution for that because of my inability to live by myself due to my problems. She is supposed to be in social living by now but because of me not settled in life and unable to self-sustain she did not go there and we are still tied to one another. I won't stay and care for her until the day she dies because I am not meant for this with my mental problems. As she got older she started caring less about me and tries not to think of what will happen to me because she has heart issues and it gives her high blood pressure. I fully understand that but I have served my part. I have been improving things at home and cleaning for past 2 weeks so she can benefit. That's the last that I can do for her and have the opportunity to exit now. My SN is over 3 years old which I hope is still potent.

Another tie of mine is fear of failing and potential damage to health. Failing can result in her hospitalization or death in the worst case and probably mental ward for me after hospitalization with no spare SN. I cannot fail this one.

My third tie is realization that all the experience, memories and feelings that I had do. not matter and will be forgotten and lost in a bit of a moment of endless time. What did I live for and what is that nostalgia for if it will be forgotten? It all seems like an illusion. It reminds of when I was little and was anxious and worrying when my mom would stay late at work. I would look outside the window and cry until I finally see her and it was a relief. Knowing I won't ever see her again reminds me of that feeling.

My fourth tie is the fear of unknown, what lies ahead since I believe there is continuation of consciousness and manipulation of those who govern this reality to prevent you from escaping. On the other hand others claim that death is a break from life and it's by our choice we make to come here to be able to contrast with other realities and this world here offers dual experience that other realities do not. But we are mortal and what other choice do we have to escape the inevitability? At least one should be thankful they don't die in suffering or in the worst possible way if we to look on the other bad side that most people prefer to not look at. I want to forget everything as it didn't matter to be free from this world and do not ever want to experience this world again.

Do you have your ties too that increase your survival instinct?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: painful existence, yasmine299, Larysa and 4 others
yasmine299

yasmine299

too young to understand
Jul 6, 2023
Yes, and they are stronger than I thought. You're right about realising what it actually means as you get closer to the date. I have been pushing mine for weeks now, the smallest of things happen and I keep failing to do it.
For me, its my family members too, one look at them and I am filled with the guilt of what I'll be putting them through and especially if I fail, how that would make things worse for them and me. I have been trying to interact as less as possible hoping that it would help me gather the strength I need to get through it.
I wish you all the best đź’›

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten and diyCTB
D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
I decided to attempt today but underestimated things I had to do before arriving at the hotel ready. One popped up after another. I have missed quite a few things in my wills to mom and brother and print them. I had to find a way to get internet connection because of malfunction in my region. I have not even tested SN with aquarium testing strips and it's already 7PM here. Month ago I was comfy thinking there are few things left and I am almost ready. Whether I would be able to CTB today I don't know but tomorrow is my chance and I will have no luxury of second thoughts about it. Without thinking anything to trigger SI I will drink SN. I put in efforts to prepare home and do stuff before I leave. I ate only little today because my head could no longer think and I was going to faint while writing wills. I drank only coffee in the morning and afternoon with MCT oil and whipped cream for the purpose of feeling full. I have went through some discomfort this recent week to have second thoughts. I must exit tomorrow. I have it booked already and will book 1 additional day to buy time. Even if I wanted to arrive at the hotel today the room would probably be unprepared and staff would bother me. It's too late for today. I was supposed to be calm today without exerting any energy so I could fast from the morning and only drink coffee. I hope eating very little will not affect my metabolism tomorrow and I won't be hungry. I wanted to take meto in the morning and in the noon but it's good I did not. I remember reading to take every 8 hours the day you do stat dose to prepare body for 3 tablets to prevent potential side-effects from taking all 3 at once.

Last edited:
D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
SN test was successful using aquarium testing strips and a few blood drops small SN sample in plastic cup. The blood turned dark within mere seconds. The upper square of aquarium testing strip shows nitrite levels. I tested with 10ml in pipette. Didn't want to test 5ml or 25ml. Didn't have time and water available water bottles. Not sure how to test 25ml and if it would matter.

20230821 145926

When you think about CTB'ing it's one thing. When you are experiencing the process it's another thing. Like walking on a path you never walked on before. I have walked too far to turn back. It's hard to believe this is happening.

The last 2 weeks, especially last several days were stressful. So many preparations and things I had to do following the tasks list. I didn't account for most of them before. Still have to schedule emails I have prepared to go after my death. I have a room with bathtub but I can hear people from another room. I think their bathroom and mine are close. I will put pillows in bathtub and tie my legs to mitigate the noise.

tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
This is not SI. Survival instinct is something that kicks in while you are in the process of committing a act to CTB.