Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
if I am to ctb then I want them to understand why (mental, financial, life, etc) and I don't want it to be a surprise. I think my dad knows it may happen soon. He was teary-eyed and acting odd. I was crying too.

Reactions: acher, WanderingEremite, lastsummer and 6 others
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Maybe he was crying because he knows you are suffering.

Reactions: acher, RoloTomasi and lv-gras
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
I admire your openness and courage

Reactions: acher, WanderingEremite, Volatile and 4 others
okaoki

okaoki

last
Aug 4, 2018
I wish you the best , and its something i can't do like what you did.

Reactions: Volatile
T

Tiburcio

Maybe he was crying because he knows you are suffering.
This is probably the last reason why she would cry. Parents simply ever want us alive on any circumstance.

Honestly, I don't believe in their emphaty anymore.

Reactions: lv-gras

Aug 6, 2018
Speaking about my own parents, my mom admits she has no idea what it feels like to be suicidal, and wants me to live really for her own sake, even if I don't want to be alive. OP's dad could have been crying for OP's sake, or their own, or both.

Reactions: lv-gras and Volatile
W

WanderingEremite

Jul 16, 2018
This is probably the last reason why she would cry. Parents simply ever want us alive on any circumstance.

Honestly, I don't believe in their emphaty anymore.

Probably the wrong thread for this sort of counterfactual extreme cynicism.

Reactions: Volatile
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
How are you supposed to approach this situation without knowing how your parents would react? I'd like to inform my parents of my wishes to ctb, but I'm pretty sure they would try to stop me, like most parents would.

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
How are you supposed to approach this situation without knowing how your parents would react? I'd like to inform my parents of my wishes to ctb, but I'm pretty sure they would try to stop me, like most parents would.
I have a history of having problem after problem. Slipping in that I'm suicidal is like saying I'm sad

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018

There is no sensible reason for telling people ahead of time unless you want them to intervene. Nobody is going to "understand" and say "whatever you think is best". It won't ease any pain on either side. All it does it put the pressure on them to find a way to stop you and add constant stress to their lives. But it's a fantasy and unreasonable to think people will accept this (they can't even accept it in terminal situations so often...refusing to turn off life support etc) and everyone is going to support you.

I believe everyone has the choice of what to do with their life, I believe many people have perfectly rational reasons, but I also acknowledge that suicide is not normal...it is extreme...and nobody who hasn't been there is going to get it. Even when you have been there and to get it , often inside you still want to help and stop others who are suicidal if there is a way, as its human to want people to not suffer and to live well. Trying to convince everyone around you it's perfectly resonable and what you want is a weird and selfish exercise that is 100% about making YOU feel better no matter how one rationalizes it. If you care about how it will affect others all you can do that won't create more misery is leave a note being clear it wasn't their fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volatile, lv-gras and skitliv
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
I have a history of having problem after problem. Slipping in that I'm suicidal is like saying I'm sad
You are lucky that you have supportive parents that respect your decision.

There is no sensible reason for telling people ahead of time unless you want them to intervene. Nobody is going to "understand" and say "whatever you think is best". It won't ease any pain on either side. All it does it put the pressure on them to find a way to stop you and add constant stress to their lives. But it's a fantasy and unreasonable to think people will accept this (they can't even accept it in terminal situations so often...refusing to turn off life support etc) and everyone is going to support you.

I believe everyone has the choice of what to do with their life, I believe many people have perfectly rational reasons, but I also acknowledge that suicide is not normal...it is extreme...and nobody who hasn't been there is going to get it. Even when you have been there and to get it , often inside you still want to help and stop others who are suicidal if there is a way, as its human to want people to not suffer and to live well. Trying to convince everyone around you it's perfectly resonable and what you want is a weird and selfish exercise that is 100% about making YOU feel better no matter how one rationalizes it. If you care about how it will affect others all you can do that won't create more misery is leave a note being clear it wasn't their fault.
Yes most parents would desperately try to stop their children at all costs. Volatile's parents are definitely the exception.