BerryCakes

BerryCakes

Local Case Study
Sep 20, 2020
No, seriously. All the noises that they make (loud breathing, chewing, etc.). The constant intrusive questions. The fact that people don't know how to take a hint that I just want to be left alone. Seriously. It's taxing. I know I probably sound needlessly whiney right now, but I'm just being honest. I know that it's not the fault of the actual people around me.

Even though I love music and certain other sounds (like a cat purring), there are definitely many times where I wished I was hard of hearing. Even with ear plugs in, people still find a way to get on my nerves.

What's even the point of getting close to people, anyways? I mean... from an emotional standpoint. To me, it seems like it'd only be worth having someone around as a romantic/sexual partner. Friendships only make sense from a practical standpoint (like if you ever need help moving furniture or something). I don't know, maybe there's something wrong with me.

• Love
Reactions: Ybother, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, MiserableBastard1995 and 6 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
im sorry that you're in pain, but im glad that im not alone with this. im struggling with exactly the same thing as you, can relate a lot to your post, you're not alone. and there is nothing wrong with you!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and BerryCakes
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
No, seriously. All the noises that they make (loud breathing, chewing, etc.). The constant intrusive questions. The fact that people don't know how to take a hint that I just want to be left alone. Seriously. It's taxing. I know I probably sound needlessly whiney right now, but I'm just being honest. I know that it's not the fault of the actual people around me.

Even though I love music and certain other sounds (like a cat purring), there are definitely many times where I wished I was hard of hearing. Even with ear plugs in, people still find a way to get on my nerves.

What's even the point of getting close to people, anyways? I mean... from an emotional standpoint. To me, it seems like it'd only be worth having someone around as a romantic/sexual partner. Friendships only make sense from a practical standpoint (like if you ever need help moving furniture or something). I don't know, maybe there's something wrong with me.
Are you on the autistic spectrum?

L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
Having an aversion to loud and or annoying noises isn't indicative of ASD.
Side note: I've found friends and romantic/sexual partners usually end up being the ones getting hurt. If I could do it all again I'd minimise those I was close to, so there's less people that run the risk of getting hurt by proximity

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Having an aversion to loud and or annoying noises isn't indicative of ASD.
Side note: I've found friends and romantic/sexual partners usually end up being the ones getting hurt. If I could do it all again I'd minimise those I was close to, so there's less people that run the risk of getting hurt by proximity
What mental health issues do you deal with?

L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
What mental health issues do you deal with?

ASD (Aspergers' Syndrome), disassociative identity disorder, depression and a long lasting desire to get the hell off this world
Edit: some of the above may directly cause some of the others

• Hugs
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Wow, I could see why you wouldn't want to stick around with that. I have mental heal issues that make me feel similar to what you were saying.

How would you describe the traits of Aspergers Syndrome?

L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
Wow, I could see why you wouldn't want to stick around with that. I have mental heal issues that make me feel similar to what you were saying.

How would you describe the traits of Aspergers Syndrome?

Replied via DM, to avoid hijacking the OP's thread
Edit: if anyone else is interested, feel free to DM

I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
Christ, are we the same person? The same thoughts fly in and out of my mind on a daily basis. If there's something wrong with you, well, take solace in knowing you're not the only one.

• Love
Reactions: Ybother, Meditation guide and BerryCakes
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020

Your first sentence sounds like what I have it's called misophonia. Google and take a look.

• Love
Reactions: BerryCakes
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
. All the noises that they make (loud breathing, chewing, etc.). The constant intrusive questions. The fact that people don't know how to take a hint that I just want to be left alone. Seriously. It's taxing.
I don't lump everyone in the world into the same boat. But I totally agree with you. I'm annoyed with people most of the time. Mostly men seem to chew loud or breath loud I think. (that's going to win me friends for sure. ) Snoring or all the other sounds people make, as well as grating or screechy voices, usually women, bother me too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ybother and BerryCakes