C

chester

Aug 1, 2024
I already described why I ended up here in this post in another thread:

She said 6 years ago she said she would hold my hand when I CTB if nothing else worked. I ended up holding her hand while she died of a terminal illness this year.

I no longer have anyone in my life who would understand me as well as she did. Everyone offers me unsolicited advice starting with "you need to" or "you must".

Do you know what I need? I need someone to tell me it's ok to want to end it. And it's ok to do it. It's ok to prefer nothing to suffering. But not in general, like "it's ok for people to yadda yadda...".

The last thing I need, is for one person, to act like they truly care, and tell me, personally, that it's ok if I do it. That they understand me and it's fine. They may forget all about me tomorrow, I won't mind. I just need to hear it from someone.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: dolemitedrums, No More Tears, WearyWanderer and 10 others
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
Its okay if you choose to ctb, it's understandable why you'd prefer peace to suffering

Reactions: BrainShower and No More Tears
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. If there's nothing left for you and you come to the conclusion that death is the only relief then this is your decision if you want to give yourself another chance then this is your decision. I'm sorry you're suffering so much but we cannot make the decision for you. 🫂

Reactions: No More Tears
C

chester

Aug 1, 2024
@kinderbueno thank you :heart:

@Praestat_Mori Don't get me wrong, I know it's my decision. I just don't want to feel alone making it. And the past months I've never felt lonelier in my life. I want to feel some kind of understanding presence of another human being, because it feels like I've lost this forever. Someone who won't call emergency services when I tell them how I really feel. Who wouldn't try to fix me without knowing anything about me. Someone who would hear my decision and would respect it, and tell me it's ok.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, WearyWanderer, kinderbueno and 1 other person
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
We go when we need to go. Only you know when that time comes. If it is now, so be it.
You were a good friend staying with her to the end. Not everyone would or could do that.
I hope peace awaits you whenever you get there.

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower and chester
C

chester

Aug 1, 2024
We go when we need to go. Only you know when that time comes. If it is now, so be it.
You were a good friend staying with her to the end. Not everyone would or could do that.
I hope peace awaits you whenever you get there.
Thank you :heart: We weren't just friends, we were supposed to get married this year. She was everything to me. Best friend, soulmate, amazing life partner, my rock whenever I was weak. She was my whole life. And now our life is over.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: notprettyenough, Joarga, WearyWanderer and 1 other person
yunzzzk

yunzzzk

See you later alligator
Aug 1, 2024
Everyone dies eventually, and we were not born in this world by our choice. So I don't get why we cannot get the freedom to at least end our own lives. It's the only thing that "belongs" to ourselves out of everything in this world. So ctb should be our own choice. Everyone has their own way of living, so ctb when we want to should be one

Reactions: Worndown and GoatHerder
No More Tears

No More Tears

I'm tired of missing the bus.
Jul 26, 2024
Damn ... I can relate so much. Mine died too, but under different circumstances. She was killed by a drunk driver when he t-boned her after blowing through a red light.

You got all my sympathy. It's an extremely hard pill to swallow, and I can honestly say, I know how you feel.

😢😢😢😢

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: chester and landslide2
samdocheon

samdocheon

Optimists are wrong
Jul 28, 2024
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
WE all be with you what you chose ❤️

Reactions: No More Tears