Dec 3, 2021

The vocals,

How am I supposed to remember? Oh
I got the memories
But memories fade, baby
What am I gonna show to my kids, girl? Oh
When I'm older, and my mind is telling me to forget you
What's gonna make me remember?

are just so haunting on this track, I really like it. This song and summer remains are probably my favorite of his older stuff, Really good, wish we could have a release with modern polish. I mean honestly the rest of the song aren't that good, but those lines, those lines, they're so goood.

Here is summer remains if you haven't heard it btw, but I really don't think there are so many people here that are so into Frank Ocean they have to dig into his unrealeased stuff, LOL. Just listen to Blond or Endless or Chanel Orange, don't pull this stuff out until you get tired of that.

Reactions: motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
"I need more Frank Ocean songs that use the upper end of his vocal range."

I need to use the lower half of his body in the shower. With his consent, ofc.

AlbumCovers_Blonde-1200x1200.jpg

• Love
Reactions: InezSerrano
I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
"I need more Frank Ocean songs that use the upper end of his vocal range."

I need to use the lower half of his body in the shower. With his consent, ofc.

AlbumCovers_Blonde-1200x1200.jpg
I have often wished I could be in a relationship with Frank Ocean, he is of course attractive, but more than he seems very intelligent and of course his creative projects are the best. (In my mind he released the three best R&B albums of the 2010s).

You're a man attracted to men, right? Have you read his coming out note? It's very thoughtful, I think I cried the first time I read it.

I'll attach it here for you or anyone else who hasn't read it and is curious.

Attachments

• comingout.png
    comingout.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Hugs
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I have often wished I could be in a relationship with Frank Ocean, he is of course attractive, but more than he seems very intelligent and of course his creative projects are the best.

You're a man attracted to men, right? Have you read his coming out note? It's very thoughtful, I think I cried the first time I read it.

Yeah, he's irresistible in all sorts of ways. Of course I've read that note. Lots of gays get treated like that, especially by bi guys & especially if they're masc (& it's no secret it's still harder for black dudes to come out of the closet).

OceanCapture 1

Reactions: InezSerrano
I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
People often say that him coming out in 2011 was easy. Sure, the majority of the American public supported gay marriage and that sort of thing, but the government (neither political party) didn't and the majority of the black community definitely didn't...

Its interesting to compare the way he dealt with it to Tyler, the Creator, I think it's a lot more mature of him to be open about it, even if it's hard, rather than to just use it as something that might just be a joke or something. IDK. I guess you have the right to exist either way, but it seems a lot more heartfelt.

One thing I like about Frank is it's easy to be a Frank fan. Since he doesn't have much of a presence outside of his music, and now I guess Homer, one can say they've seen all the interviews and listened to very song pretty easily. I still haven't read all of Boys Don't Cry though, I probably should, but I rarely read. I'm in the middle of reading (I haven't read any of it in months) Forbidden Colors by Yukio Mishima, maybe once I'm done I'll finally read Boys Don't Cry.

One thing that I wish is that the unreleased stuff was more curated, but of course that is a silly wish, just the quality of the Lonny Breaux collection & Unreleased, MISC / Undocumented, RARE isn't consistent, but I guess it's sort of fun to find those gems. I think my favorites are Miss You Too, Summer Remains, and Wiseman. I'd also include Acura Integrul, but I'm not sure if that really counts. I like a lot of the other songs, but I think it's only because I like frank, something like Love On My Piano I don't think I would listen to more than once if he didn't write it. The issue with having like 70+ unreleased songs is that it's hard for me to pick out the best, but if you have recommendations, let me know.

I guess I'm glad he only has 70+, I think Elton John has like 300 or 400 songs.

Last edited: