P

Pleasehurryleaveme

Nov 28, 2023
I've been self harming for a while but they never scar i don't know how to make myself bleed on my wrist bcs i press pretty hard but i never bleed. how do i make it bleed bcs i need to see the blood but i cant is there anyway to make the blood flow better?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
With what exactly are you cutting with? I do it with a razor blade on my thighs, and I don't really have to go that deep to see blood.

Reactions: Pleasehurryleaveme
K

King Ashoka

Nov 19, 2023
Take anti coagulation medicine before cutting. Aspirine or Ibuprofen can also be taken to thin the blood. Warm environment also help free flow of blood.

Use electronic cutting machine used to cut iron rod and pipes.

justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
Depends on the blade you use. I bought a kitchen knife which does the job a bit, but for real damage you need razor blades. Just quick slices work the best. Be sure to keep tissues en bandages ready incase the wounds gets too big, and some alcohol to prevent infections.
Be sure you want to continue doing this since bigger cuts stay forever.
I wish you the best <3

Reactions: Heartaches and Pleasehurryleaveme
P

Pleasehurryleaveme

Nov 28, 2023
With what exactly are you cutting with? I do it with a razor blade on my thighs, and I don't really have to go that deep to see blood.
I use a pocket knife

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
honestly i'm not entirely sure. it might be the location on your wrists that makes it hard. when i sh'd i noticed the higher i cut on my wrists/arms. the less blood there usually was. that's because theres not as much skin or anything, the bone is basically right there.
it might also be how your cutting. you mentioned that you press pretty hard. i've done that and noticed that it's harder to get it far, but also less blood. i recommend quick light/medium strenth slices more-so. you'd be supprised how much worse it can get with that, so make sure not to go too hard the first time you do that, and slowly increase pressure as you wish moving foward.
be safe, be careful, use good aftercare, goodluck <3

Reactions: Heartaches and Pleasehurryleaveme
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Maybe you need to use something else to cut with. I used to use knives from our kitchen to cut myself when I first started SHing but I found that they generally didn't do a very good job at cutting deep enough to bleed. You need to hit the dermis in order to bleed (that's where the blood vessels are), so you may need to opt for something sharper than whatever you are using right now. You could also try cutting other areas besides your wrists and see if that works better.

Also, if you do find a way to cut yourself deep enough to bleed then please make sure to properly disinfect the wounds and keep them covered with bandages and disinfect your tool.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pleasehurryleaveme, Heartaches and hi-okbye
DoomValuer

DoomValuer

So lost...
Nov 3, 2023
I'd recommend a scalpel (that's the best translation of "bisturí encauchetado" in Spanish) as they're easy to get where I live and they can cut deep enough to leave permanent scars (though I would recommend being careful with that), here's an image of what they look like
bisturi-encauchetado.jpg

Anyways, I hope you can find the right tool for the job, and also note that the cutting machine you're using was probably designed to avoid any injuries, so it's probably useless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pleasehurryleaveme, hi-okbye and Heartaches
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
I self harm by use nail clippers and safety pins to peel off the dry skin on my feet, but I do it deep enough so often it hurts and bleeds, but sometimes I'm just pulling off these really thick layers of calloused skin.

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye, Pleasehurryleaveme and Heartaches
deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
If you're using something like a pencil sharpener blade then pressing hard and dragging will make it scar. If you can going faster helps as well if you really want it to be bad. I have some scars from years ago that are still really big and bad caused by that.

But I really wouldn't recommend it. The wound care is hard and stressful, and people will see depending where you do it. Imo from experience it really is not worth it.

Whatever you do please make sure to be safe. Have bandages and a way to clean them properly, remember to apply pressure and all that.

• Hugs
Reactions: dimaxim, Pleasehurryleaveme and hi-okbye
D

dimaxim

Oct 22, 2023
Honestly, its not worth it💕

• Love