Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Ok. So I'm kinda in a fucked up situation. I had to move back to Texas to live with my mom because I got injured while I was in California. Tore some muscles in my leg etc...long story short she's ultra religious and kinda like this God figure in my life. Like...you know how parents are...so it's either struggle on the streets of California (I'm still looking into CTB, had SN at one point... I've gotta order it again...I dunno though CTB is kinda far off...dunno if I can do it) or go BACK TO A CHRISTIAN REHAB when I've been to over 10 of those, possibly 15 to "get my life right." This is all to prove some crap to my parents etc. Etc...i just don't want to deal with all of that stuff I know what it is about.

I asked dizzylady in chat already and she was like do what you have to do to not be homeless because living with my mom I do have a place to stay but I kinda have Los Angeles set up already and know how to hustle, where to stay, etc...

So what do I do? I can buy a plane ticket tomorrow if I need to, I'll have the money and like I've been home for about 11months since this Injury just took place. I wish it'd never happened but life happens.

Advice? Should I stay or should I go? She pulled the "I can never come back card" if I go but I think she's full of shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I would send your mom a picture of your leg and see how she reacts. If she says come home, then go home.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I would send your mom a picture of your leg and see how she reacts. If she says come home, then go home.
You misunderstood... I'm already here from tearing muscles... the muscle tear happened 11months ago... I'm wondering if I should go back to California or the alternative...

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
You misunderstood... I'm already here from tearing muscles... the muscle tear happened 11months ago... I'm wondering if I should go back to California or the alternative...
Oh, sorry. If you're already there, then stay. The economy is about to go down the tubes. Is going to get rough. Not a time to be out on the streets.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Christian Rehab? WTF!
I do not claim to know that book that well, but damn, some Christians are really overbearing. They make their version seem more like a cult than anything else. I thought ir was supposed to give comfort and a sense of community. Do good works. Embrace who we are and make the world better for all.
You need to manage your life the best you can. I am sorry you have this choice to make when you have issues much more important to deal with.