S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
Here's the original thread.

She hisses when I first reach down to pick her up, but then is okay with being bounced around and playing. It's so weird that this cat is here. Seems way too convenient. I hate cats. And somehow this cat showed up right as I'm about to CTB. She has to eat what I eat because I'm too lazy and ready to die to go buy actual cat food. I like chicken and fish though, and she seems to like it too. I'll go buy some more of those expenses treats that @Abyssal recommended tomorrow when I grocery shop.

My four nearest neighbors don't know this cat. So it's feral. It would have had to travel quite a ways to get here if it is someone's cat. Whole thing weirds me out. Tonight will be the first night she stays in the apartment. I put a bunch of sand in a dish tray so she can shit and piss in it. If the cat shits or pisses anywhere else, this will be the first and last night it is in my apartment!!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: morgueprincess, iusedtobehappy, Neowise and 5 others
PA𝖨𝑁

PA𝖨𝑁

Oct 14, 2023
that's a lovely name, reading your previous thread made me think about the saying Cats choose their owner ^_^

it's incredible that you went out of your way to help a feral cat in need even though you're feeling down; that says a lot about you.
The fact that she warms up and seems to enjoy playing with you suggests that she trusts you and is opening to you, cats have good memory she will definitely be there for you emotionally in times of need.

For the litter, you can train her by putting her on the tray and moving her paws in a digging motion and rewarding her afterwards. But most of the time they do it without training. You could also place a second litter in the bathroom, sometimes cats might go there since they can smell the odor of urine. i wish you and Cosmic the Best.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackMoon
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
It's so weird that this cat is here. Seems way too convenient. I hate cats. And somehow this cat showed up right as I'm about to CTB.
Yeah, maybe your new cat Cosmic is a Cosmic message from the Cosmic joke that is the Cosmic Universe?

A strange coincidence or a Cosmic nudge?

• Yay!
Reactions: ScubaCTB and rozeske
Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
That's a super nice name actually.
Did she get accustomed to your home?

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Your story reminds me of the movie "A street cat named Bob" which is based on a real story. It is about the homeless addict James living a lonely and poor life. One day a stray cat which he names Bob comes his way and they become best friends. Taking care of Bob gives a purpose to James life and feeling less alone he is slowly cheering up and bettering his life. He quits the drugs, fixes his relationship with his father and publishes a book about his life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Street_Cat_Named_Bob_(film)

Now I don't know what you are going through in your life, but I do hope that cat is your lucky charm. You seem to be a very loveable person taking care of an animal that you claim you hate (why though, I'm generally curious) as @Pain95 already said. You deserve a better life.
Oh, and send a picture of the fur ball please?

iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
Here's the original thread.

She hisses when I first reach down to pick her up, but then is okay with being bounced around and playing. It's so weird that this cat is here. Seems way too convenient. I hate cats. And somehow this cat showed up right as I'm about to CTB. She has to eat what I eat because I'm too lazy and ready to die to go buy actual cat food. I like chicken and fish though, and she seems to like it too. I'll go buy some more of those expenses treats that @Abyssal recommended tomorrow when I grocery shop.

My four nearest neighbors don't know this cat. So it's feral. It would have had to travel quite a ways to get here if it is someone's cat. Whole thing weirds me out. Tonight will be the first night she stays in the apartment. I put a bunch of sand in a dish tray so she can shit and piss in it. If the cat shits or pisses anywhere else, this will be the first and last night it is in my apartment!!
She is there to save you. People think cats are cats but they are extremely intuitive, way more so than humans and dogs, and I have read they are interdimensional, meaning they can hop dimensions. If you've ever seen a cat stare at something for a long time as if it's the most fascinating thing they have ever seen, and it's a wall, they see something we don't. The cat is intuitive enough to know something is going on with you. I really believe that because her timing is weird. Now that you have her, you can't bail on her. No guilting. It's just she needs you and believe it or not, you need her.

S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
Now I don't know what you are going through in your life, but I do hope that cat is your lucky charm. You seem to be a very loveable person taking care of an animal that you claim you hate (why though, I'm generally curious)...

I don't claim to hate anything. I hate cats. Period. Two women I thought I would marry in my life...we broke up because of their cats. They want cats in bed, they treat the cats like kids/humans....nope. When I'm making love to my woman, I don't want a cat sniffing my ass or jumping on the bed, etc. I broke up with a woman because of a dog once too, so it goes all ways. Animals to me must have a purpose for me to house them. Whether a dog guards the house or a cat controls pests, it has to be something. But since I'm going to CTB anyway now, it doesn't matter.

@Zaphkiel said "Did she get accustomed to your home?"

I get drunk and pass out every night since the beginning of the year and the decision to CTB. But I woke up this morning and she was sleeping on her back on my jacket on the floor. So I guess so. I had a tuna salad sandwich a few hours ago. She had tuna and water. The cat kind of minds her own business unless I go pick it up or something. The hissing still happens. But I've haven't been scratched or bitten yet, even when I'm drunk and petting her belly.

Last edited:
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Ctb cat is a funny term. I love cosmic already, I'm sure they are a polite young fellow!