spiderwbs

spiderwbs

Nov 7, 2023
Last night I lost a friend of mine, he left me because i was too much for him.
He made me cry and he was such a nice friend to me ):

I've known him since high school , we weren't super close but I was proud to be called his friend. We had some interests that we shared, he would talk to me about how he felt and I was there to comfort him. but he starts acting weird recently.. he was like nervous to speak to me and was being sad and I was confused, he admitted to me he had a crush on me and he asked me if I could ever give him a chance. Tbh I was speechless, but he knows im taken and I told him saying "you do know I'm still with my boyfriend right?" And he got angry at himself and stopped texting me. I was confused but I reached out to him that it's ok to have certain feelings and I wouldn't judge. But of course, I do not share the same feelings back because I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years now, and I don't cheat. But later on and couple weeks later he was angry and now he did this… idk I'm not trying to expose him but it's just I'm super angry because I lose all of the people I care about and now it's just me… I'm not worth it to anyone, I never was… people always leave me and leave me to dust and I can't deal with it anymore. I feel like I'm just accepting who I am now, a nobody. I've been in denial that "I'll make friends and I gotta let the past behind me" but no, it's all the same. I'm hurt so deeply and people just stab you in the back, and nobody else understands how I feel. I hate my life so much and I'm so tired of everything..
IMG 6806

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
D

Deleted member 65988

As really painful as it is, I suppose you have to respect his decision and find your own way of coping with such a loss. it's never easy seeing someone leave like this, because you continually ask yourself what you did to deserve it and trust me, it never gets easier to understand because there may never be an answer that'll be satisfactory enough to help you however i dont think what he did was fair anyway because it seems to me like he ended this friendship on the grounds that you didn't reciprocate what he wanted. I really hope you'll be OK Op.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and pretzelsandballoons
pretzelsandballoons

pretzelsandballoons

dopamine ridden bastard <33.
Jul 11, 2023
he's giving me the ick…..he said you're too much for him? then he should go find less.

im srry OP.

CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
To be realistic this is what happens a lot of the time with close friendships between men and women, one party always catches feelings and its usually the guy. Im sorry that you lost a friend but this is the result of conflicting expectations. He wants you to be more than a friend and im sure he cares about you deeply despite the coldness but it hurts to be around you now knowing his feelings aren't reciprocated. You want him to remain as he was and pretend the confession hadnt happened and so you both have different wants that dont match.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Lookoutbelow
new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
He should have respected your relationship, but in saying that, love is a crazy thing. It is capable of hurting us in the worst ways, and healing us in the best. It is never easy to lose a good friend, but it seems he is hurting and believes all or nothing is the only option left that will stop his pain. He could have been nicer in his handling of this though. You did nothing wrong, romance is a wild and untamable beast. You can not argue with it, only do your best to deal with the consequence of its thrashing.