d-tea

d-tea

Apr 7, 2024
I just need to get this out somehow. I don't know what I'd do without them. I don't even know where I'd go.

They've stopped comforting me when I cry. They just leave or sleep. Fair, maybe they just don't know how to handle it anymore.

They've been less and less intimate, wanting to almost never, initiating not at all anymore.

They rarely talk to me anymore; even when I actively try, all I get back is "I don't know".

Yesterday, they said they were worried about not loving me anymore someday in the future. I think they're realising that that's happening but not admitting it to themselves yet. I don't know what to do or how to talk to them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash, itsneverbeenmoreove, cetacea and 3 others
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
Going through something similar. I know it's so sad. You deserve comfort when you cry and someone to be there for you even when it's difficult. I'm sorry. Sending hugs

itsneverbeenmoreove

itsneverbeenmoreove

You are just my love
May 21, 2024
I just suffered a really awful break-up. I probably should've seen it coming. She had been much less open to me for months, she had been spending our time together on her phone talking to her friends. She wasn't sharing her problems with me. She wasn't being intimate. She had possibly been cheating on me given that she started dating another person the same day she left me. But because I have serious issues and wasn't a good partner in a lot of ways, I didn't notice. I assumed I could keep acting the same and things would be fine because she had me convinced we were literal soulmates (don't ask). But then she left me. And I was blindsided in the same way ever shitty boyfriend is.

I don't know if it's too late you for you or not, but it's worth examining what it is in your relationship that may be making her distant. Are there things you do that can make it hard for you to deal with in certain circumstances? Are there ways you make her feel bad? Are there nonreciprocal aspects that could be causing tension? I know this seems like fairly generic advice, but I think it's worth trying. I really, really, really loved my partner, and I regret everything I did and didn't do. If you think she's slipping away, you should try whatever you can. I don't know if that's good advice. That might actually be really bad advice, but it's what I feel. I'm sorry if that's unhelpful. But I wish you luck. Having someone you love and who loves you really is the only good thing in this world imo.