• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
Hey everyone,
This is slightly embarrassing because I made a post a few months back about getting rid of my SN which I never got around to.

A few weeks ago after a few shots of vodka I decided it was time and drove to a nearby parking lot to drink my SN. I was talking in the chat here for a bit and after mixing my drinks I laid back and listened to some music trying to gain the courage to drink. I turned into an absolute mess and couldn't really bring myself to do it which I was really upset about. After talking in the chat some more someone had told me its OK if I am not ready and only to drink if I was 100% sure. After thinking more about that I decided to pour out my SN and the next day I took myself to a mental hospital that my therapist said good things about. I didn't tell my family or friends I was going until I was done being assessed.

The experience was overwhelmingly positive. I was sedated pretty heavily the first day or so and put on new meds. Was unemployed so they applied for medicaid for me and the visit was entirely covered by it. I was terrified the first night because I have heard tons and tons of horror stories but thankfully this hospital was one of the few good ones. Got smoke breaks and made a few friends that way. Daily therapy and groups etc. Now I am doing an outpatient program where I have a few hours of therapy a day. New meds seem to be working well which is good. I am still unemployed and not in school but I am getting back on track it feels like.

I am gonna delete my account within the next few days. I feel like I am now getting better and this website is no longer needed. If you were in the chat that night, thank you. I had nobody else to talk to in that moment and your advice helped me make a decision I feel was right.

rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
I'm so glad you made a positive experience at the hospital and that you found the strength to make a decision that is right for you ❤️
I'm just driving to work and was feeling really down but this post instantly made my day better. So thank you for sharing.
I wish you much happiness and success on your journey.

ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
I'm glad you were able to overcome this and find a different solution. Take things step by step, don't rush yourself and I hope you manage to achieve all that you wish to achieve. All the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: AnonGermany
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
I'm glad therapy and meds are working for you. i hope your life continues to turn around for the better and that this next chapter is filled with a lot of good.

best of luck with school and job hunting.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
This is amazing that you are taking the step towards recovery, despite there being lots of doubt of it ever working. I am proud of you. I wish you the best with your journey to a happy life and I will respect every decision you make. I hope you find peace!

Costrecce

Costrecce

Just a lil Dragon lad
Aug 21, 2023
It seems rare but it´s really nice seeing you have a good experience with a mental hospital and recovery, I wish all the best for you! <3

S

sancsuinet

<|:)
Apr 11, 2023
good luck! its a difficult journey but this is a great step, hope all goes well.

snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
I'm so happy for you, I hope your recovery goes well ^^

P

Pizarnikishere

Jul 25, 2023
I wish you all the best! Really happy for you dude

snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
Gosh, good luck! Nice to hear that you've had a positive experience with mental health resources

numar

numar

Always tired
Sep 11, 2023
Good luck man! I wish you the best I hope you can truly recover!

Exiled

Exiled

I gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
I am really glad that you got the support that you needed through SS and for the decision that you've chosen to make for yourself. I wish you all the best in your recovery journey and I hope to someday be able to say the same thing for myself. :)

• Love
Reactions: manta
£v£1yn

£v£1yn

An obsessive girl
Sep 11, 2023
I'm so proud of you! Well done buddy and I hope life gets better for you

• Love
DepressoExpresso19

DepressoExpresso19

-
Sep 10, 2023
this was so nice to read im so happy for you man (or woman) honestly to know someone made it out of this dark place and is taking the steps in the right direction makes me smile. I'm glad the people spoke to you on that day and helped you make the choice that ultimately seems to have led to great positive change :)

All the best random stranger on the rest of your journey!

TooOldToDieYoung

TooOldToDieYoung

Sep 9, 2023
That's amazing!! Glad you hear you had such a positive experience!! Good luck and I hope life treats you well!!

• Love
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Hey everyone,
This is slightly embarrassing because I made a post a few months back about getting rid of my SN which I never got around to.

A few weeks ago after a few shots of vodka I decided it was time and drove to a nearby parking lot to drink my SN. I was talking in the chat here for a bit and after mixing my drinks I laid back and listened to some music trying to gain the courage to drink. I turned into an absolute mess and couldn't really bring myself to do it which I was really upset about. After talking in the chat some more someone had told me its OK if I am not ready and only to drink if I was 100% sure. After thinking more about that I decided to pour out my SN and the next day I took myself to a mental hospital that my therapist said good things about. I didn't tell my family or friends I was going until I was done being assessed.

The experience was overwhelmingly positive. I was sedated pretty heavily the first day or so and put on new meds. Was unemployed so they applied for medicaid for me and the visit was entirely covered by it. I was terrified the first night because I have heard tons and tons of horror stories but thankfully this hospital was one of the few good ones. Got smoke breaks and made a few friends that way. Daily therapy and groups etc. Now I am doing an outpatient program where I have a few hours of therapy a day. New meds seem to be working well which is good. I am still unemployed and not in school but I am getting back on track it feels like.

I am gonna delete my account within the next few days. I feel like I am now getting better and this website is no longer needed. If you were in the chat that night, thank you. I had nobody else to talk to in that moment and your advice helped me make a decision I feel was right.
This proves how essential SS is. I'm so happy you are on the mend. Take good care of yourself!