mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
You have the means and your plan is all set. Do you just CTB not worrying about others or do you write letters, leave money for funeral etc etc. Do you have a will?
I set up a will, well my partner did too. Firstly what happens to our animals. My niece will have any money left and will look after them. There is money for a basic direct cremation. I want my clothes etc to go to certain charities and jewellery to my sister and nieces. I'm a bit OCD, so I need to have it all in place before I fly away.

• Hugs
Reactions: majortom, wildbluekiss, Rogue Proxy and 5 others
S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
I will leave money set aside for my cremation. That is all I have and a few sentimental things for a specific family member.
I will be clearing out most of my clothes and home before I ctb so my family don't feel even more burdened.
I've no need for a will as im not married, don't own my home, and have very little.

I think anyone who does have assets, money and is in marriage should do though.
When a member of my family passed away the will couldn't be found and it caused a lot of problems for everyone involved.

• Hugs
Reactions: Little_Suzy
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yep. Made a Will. Sorted out house clearance service with my solicitor. They will be the executor too. I'll likely delay email them, asking them to alert the police after I have CTB. I'll attach my goodbye notes to that email. I've heard the police don't always pass notes on. I'll need to pre-pay for a direct cremation. I'll need to pay off my phone and get all the shit for Inland Revenue final tax return in order to that point- yes- they can come after your family next apparently... Death is no excuse! I'll hand write a note for the police to explain it was a suicide and no one else was involved. Plus, make warning signs about the method. Lay down plastic so as to reduce the mess. I want to make my death as physically convenient for loved ones as possible. Hopefully, they won't have to do anything but enjoy the inheritance. Not that there will be that much!

The major worry I have is whether they'll ask someone to identify my body. I don't know they'd really bother if you are in your own home, you leave ID out and it's an obvious suicide. I think I'm going to ask that they go from dental records if they need to- and leave them their details. I guess that about it troubles me. Plus, the emotionally side of things of course but- I've already hung on for decades for people. You can't live an entire unwanted life just so as a few people won't get upset- surely?

• Hugs
Reactions: majortom and Little_Suzy
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Preparing for the after..party? i guess is the best way of alleviating what comes after. It's something not often discussed and hats off for having planned it out.
Personally my CTB includes clearing out material possessions either by selling them or given them away, but prior to CTB.
Over where I am it's possible to purchase a cremation plan that's already paid for so I don't need to leave behind money to pay for the cremation process. I would still leave money behind though for just miscellaneous stuff.
As for the rest, my plan basically involves giving out money to those i'd leave it to but probably a week before CTB. It's the last thing on the checklist, so to speak, after I've cancelled out the utilities, subscriptions, lease, etc.
Fairly confident i dont need a will anymore with what's left if all goes according to plan.

• Hugs
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Yep. Made a Will. Sorted out house clearance service with my solicitor. They will be the executor too. I'll likely delay email them, asking them to alert the police after I have CTB. I'll attach my goodbye notes to that email. I've heard the police don't always pass notes on. I'll need to pre-pay for a direct cremation. I'll need to pay off my phone and get all the shit for Inland Revenue final tax return in order to that point- yes- they can come after your family next apparently... Death is no excuse! I'll hand write a note for the police to explain it was a suicide and no one else was involved. Plus, make warning signs about the method. Lay down plastic so as to reduce the mess. I want to make my death as physically convenient for loved ones as possible. Hopefully, they won't have to do anything but enjoy the inheritance. Not that there will be that much!

The major worry I have is whether they'll ask someone to identify my body. I don't know they'd really bother if you are in your own home, you leave ID out and it's an obvious suicide. I think I'm going to ask that they go from dental records if they need to- and leave them their details. I guess that about it troubles me. Plus, the emotionally side of things of course but- I've already hung on for decades for people. You can't live an entire unwanted life just so as a few people won't get upset- surely?
I Thought that, then realised I'd hope they'd look at my drivers licence etc and be able to tell it's me. Warning signs I'd do if I was going to gas myself. I'd leave a letter etc on the door. I have a solicitor friend, so he knows. I owe a few debts that need paying and I know life insurance won't pay out on a suicide.
Preparing for the after..party? i guess is the best way of alleviating what comes after. It's something not often discussed and hats off for having planned it out.
Personally my CTB includes clearing out material possessions either by selling them or given them away, but prior to CTB.
Over where I am it's possible to purchase a cremation plan that's already paid for so I don't need to leave behind money to pay for the cremation process. I would still leave money behind though for just miscellaneous stuff.
As for the rest, my plan basically involves giving out money to those i'd leave it to but probably a week before CTB. It's the last thing on the checklist, so to speak, after I've cancelled out the utilities, subscriptions, lease, etc.
Fairly confident i dont need a will anymore with what's left if all goes according to plan.
You gotta have a party!
I will leave money set aside for my cremation. That is all I have and a few sentimental things for a specific family member.
I will be clearing out most of my clothes and home before I ctb so my family don't feel even more burdened.
I've no need for a will as im not married, don't own my home, and have very little.

I think anyone who does have assets, money and is in marriage should do though.
When a member of my family passed away the will couldn't be found and it caused a lot of problems for everyone involved.
Happened with my brother. He knew he was dying but refused to do a will. Money that was meant to go to my sister who looked after him, went to our piece of shit dad who was next of kin.

• Hugs
Reactions: majortom, Little_Suzy, stuckinthemud and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I Thought that, then realised I'd hope they'd look at my drivers licence etc and be able to tell it's me. Warning signs I'd do if I was going to gas myself. I'd leave a letter etc on the door. I have a solicitor friend, so he knows. I owe a few debts that need paying and I know life insurance won't pay out on a suicide.

You gotta have a party!

Happened with my brother. He knew he was dying but refused to do a will. Money that was meant to go to my sister who looked after him, went to our piece of shit dad who was next of kin.

Yeah- I agree with you. Wills are important. To be honest, even with a will, there has been unpleasantness in my family. This person promised me this. I don't want their house sold or changed... It can become such a headache. It can cause massive rifts sometimes. Better to at least have it legally documented. I think- if there are already issues in a family, it's maybe best to use the solicitor as the executor too. Try and stop the bickering! People show their true colours when money is involved. It's sad really.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I want to set one up but I'm nervous my wife will suspect something. šŸ˜©

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
no, i do really wish i could get a legally binding DNR though. just in case.

• Hugs
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
I fluctuate. I am torn between surprising my spouse with undisclosed premarital assets or enjoying a nice bonfire! I owe no one anything in my will because I've never received anything. I'm self-made. My husband and I led a DINKS lifestyle, so estate planning was straightforward.

I want to set one up but I'm nervous my wife will suspect something. šŸ˜©

Women value peace of mind, so she would likely prefer that you write your will together.

Pre-paid funeral arrangements should be made while the husband and wife are still able to contribute, as death is inevitable and unpredictable.

I've had a will since I was 18, and there's nothing suspicious about providing for your family and paying for your own funeral!

Last edited:
GhostShell

GhostShell

Dec 5, 2023
It is important to have one, especially if the default rules result in everything going the wrong way.

My wife and I aren't and can't be married, it is not legal. So we are quite literally just roommates in the eye of the law.

That means my parents would get everything, while they did everything to ruin my life in the first place, an inconceivable amount of suffering that they have caused me.

Not having a will and a final "fuck you for ruining my life" letter for them would be irresponsible from me.

• Hugs
Reactions: majortom