🤍
Sep 12, 2023
No pressure to answer!

Reactions: ropearoundatree and dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Idk it's amusing to me almost to think. That this poison seems to kill you relatively peaceful. And if you are unlucky and get found, and survive. You are fine!
I don't really believe that people who survive SN are all 'fine'.

It's a poison, it restricts the oxygen supply to the brain, that's how it kills, by denying the brain the oxygen it needs to function. When that oxygen level falls below a certain threshold the person's heart gives out via cardiac arrest. Presumably, there is a stage where damage has been done to the brain (and other vital organs) from low oxygen but the person can still be 'saved'. If that happens damage results.

Reactions: ropearoundatree and Deleted member 65988
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
If your tired of it take your leave 💫 free world.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
D

Deleted member 65988

It's a poison, it restricts the oxygen supply to the brain, that's how it kills, by denying the brain the oxygen it needs to function. When that oxygen level falls below a certain threshold the person's heart gives out via cardiac arrest. Presumably, there is a stage where damage has been done to the brain (and other vital organs) from low oxygen but the person can still be 'saved'. If that happens damage results.
And there we go.
If your tired of it take your leave 💫 free world.
Not that I'm tired of it, just wanted someone else to share their input.

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023

This is my opinion on it to, and scientifically speaking makes very good sence.
And there we go.

Wish i could contribute more to this subject. I am still in a learning process. But if i fiend something people don't allready know sn Then i will share it. Thanks for taking your time to discussing it. Appreciate it.

Last edited:
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
I'm really glad that this is no longer a viable, feasible option for me (realistically-speaking...) / As it would, or could begin to make my head spin! Before, I knew I wasn't going to be able to get a prescription for meto w/my medical history. And now, not the other (sn). So, it is all fine, and blissfully ignorant, or ignorance, as they say~ /// speaking only for me, and not anybody else, of course. . .

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

one last thing I'd like to add. These are two cases that turned out rather differently.

Case 1: A 30-year-old arrived at a NYC emergency department with cyanosis and in cardiac arrest after being found in a public area next to a bottle of sodium nitrite. Methylene blue was administered (2mg/kg) in addition to advanced cardiac life support measures (CPR, epinephrine). Unfortunately, this patient died.

Case 2: A 22-year-old arrived at a NYC emergency department with cyanosis after intentionally ingesting 25g of sodium nitrite in a suicide attempt. A blood methemoglobin concentration was "too high to measure," suggesting severe methemolobinemia. Prior to ingestion, she had read specific instructions online for obtaining sodium nitrite and using it for suicide, including exact doses and expected symptoms prior to death. She was successfully treated with methylene blue (2mg/kg) and supplemental oxygen administration. The patient recovered without permanent injury.

Forensic testing revealed elevated blood nitrites in both cases, confirming the exposure to nitrite compounds in these cases. Specific nitrite testing is not available routinely but providers can diagnose methemoglobinemia with co-oximetry alone. As illustrated by these two cases, while timely administration of methylene blue can be life-saving, persons presenting late to care can expire despite methylene blue administration and receiving aggressive resuscitative efforts. Rapid recognition of symptoms, diagnosis with co-oximetry, and administration of antidote are essential to preventing death in patients who ingest sodium nitrite.

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: UnwaveringFire, ropearoundatree and Aim
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
one last thing I'd like to add. These are two cases that turned out rather differently.

Case 1: A 30-year-old arrived at a NYC emergency department with cyanosis and in cardiac arrest after being found in a public area next to a bottle of sodium nitrite. Methylene blue was administered (2mg/kg) in addition to advanced cardiac life support measures (CPR, epinephrine). Unfortunately, this patient died.

Case 2: A 22-year-old arrived at a NYC emergency department with cyanosis after intentionally ingesting 25g of sodium nitrite in a suicide attempt. A blood methemoglobin concentration was "too high to measure," suggesting severe methemolobinemia. Prior to ingestion, she had read specific instructions online for obtaining sodium nitrite and using it for suicide, including exact doses and expected symptoms prior to death. She was successfully treated with methylene blue (2mg/kg) and supplemental oxygen administration. The patient recovered without permanent injury.

Forensic testing revealed elevated blood nitrites in both cases, confirming the exposure to nitrite compounds in these cases. Specific nitrite testing is not available routinely but providers can diagnose methemoglobinemia with co-oximetry alone. As illustrated by these two cases, while timely administration of methylene blue can be life-saving, persons presenting late to care can expire despite methylene blue administration and receiving aggressive resuscitative efforts. Rapid recognition of symptoms, diagnosis with co-oximetry, and administration of antidote are essential to preventing death in patients who ingest sodium nitrite.
Hahah! Weren't you just tired of this;p anyways thank you for your sharing and passion in this ❤️ and your contribution to be helping healping people.💛
I have to read this later. Tired myself right now 🌻

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and dggtscccvfd
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
And there we go.

Would be interesting to have a chatt with the ones that did survive their attempt. Doing things right aka followed the protocol, no heart diseases from before etc etc. Since it might be the closest one could to get on a real legit answer. Anyhow! Discussion never hurt no nobody.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65988

Would be interesting to have a chatt with the ones that did survive their attempt. Doing things right aka followed the protocol, no heart diseases from before etc etc. Since it might be the closest one could to get on a real legit answer. Anyhow! Discussion never hurt no nobody.
well @アホペンギン survived their attempt even though they did not ctb. What caused failure in this case was their nausea condition despite taking meto. I don't think you have to ask for their experience since they're probably tired of having to reaccount it again. Why is the heart diseases thing a matter to you?

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Oh I thought you wrote she/he already suffered from something something in beforehand. In an earlier thread! Anyhow, if someone is already suffering from something chronically before they blast their SN. I would assume that the SN didn't really help it it in a positive way afterwards. And in that case made them worse!
nb! Not speaking for everyone here since it's not my right to say. My question to this is towards the group of people that didn't have any physical illnesses beforehand.
Oh I thought you wrote she/he already suffered from something something in beforehand. In an earlier thread! Anyhow, if someone is already suffering from something chronically before they blast their SN. I would assume that the SN didn't really help it it in a positive way afterwards. And in that case made them worse!
nb! Not speaking for everyone here since it's not my right to say. My question to this is towards the group of people that didn't have any physical illnesses beforehand.
Anyways! Unproductive discussion! Im calling it the quits. Tudelu ✨👋

Last edited:
Reactions: dggtscccvfd and Deleted member 65988