• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

elohim-144

elohim-144

I like death grips
Feb 15, 2024
I have friend, a gf, etc. The problem is that i dont want them to miss me when i ctb, any ideas?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There's no way to solve this problem. Someone is always the one who is gonna suffer. Either it's you bc you want to leave for your personal reasons but you cannot leave or they are your family/friends who have to grief your death. They will miss you bc we all a humans and wie are social creatures.

Reactions: Banan321, Deleted member 65988, kermudgeon and 2 others
elohim-144

elohim-144

I like death grips
Feb 15, 2024
There's no way to solve this problem. Someone is always the one who is gonna suffer. Either it's you bc you want to leave for your personal reasons but you cannot leave or they are your family/friends who have to grief your death. They will miss you bc we all a humans and wie are social creatures.
I thought of being assholes to them so they would'nt miss me as much

Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
That's probably one of the biggest reasons people delay ctb, is the fear of people missing or becoming sad when you're gone. It's definitely a part of life, something that will happen sooner or later.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and kermudgeon
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I have friend, a gf, etc. The problem is that i dont want them to miss me when i ctb, any ideas?
You should ask your self if are they enough for you to stick around and keep going.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
T

timetodie24

Wizard
Apr 14, 2023
Nothing you can do stop people missing you, it's human nature, even if you're awful to them now then they'll still remember and miss the good times. And possibly feel guilt that they didn't notice the change in personality was a sign

"I thought of being assholes to them so they would'nt miss me as much".

elohim-144

elohim-144

I like death grips
Feb 15, 2024
You should ask your self if are they enough for you to stick around and keep going.
They are definitely enough for me to be around, its just that im a burden on society & i have no future

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
They are definitely enough for me to be around, its just that im a burden on society & i have no future
Am sorry some times I feel that way too. But as long as they mean enough to you am sure you mean a lot to them and they may not see you as a burden?

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I'm afraid there's a decent to good chance that won't work. the love of my life, my "one that got away" tried his best to push me away and do things I didn't like. He made crude offensive jokes that were far beyond what he would ever say or actually believed was right. He started avoiding me, was rude and detached in his responses to messages. He made himself constantly busy so that he could excuse himself from being around me or responding to me.

We were both incredibly insecure and depressed and moderately suicidal, and I wanted to help him, which would've helped me. But he wanted to get worse and be miserable and die alone because he felt like he deserved it.

I still love him, and I still miss him all these years later. It was painfully obvious exactly what he was doing too, so I saw right through it. We were super close and very similar, so it was hard to not see that's what he was doing.

Either way, if they figure you out or not, once you're dead, it will become painfully obvious to just about anyone who goes through this. They'll likely feel even worse because "how could I have missed this. I should've done more. clearly they were just doing this to spare my feelings. this is my fault. I can only imagine how much it hurt to act like this when it's clear they care about me."

tl;Dr, I don't recommend. it's likely to backfire.

Reactions: rozeske, Deleted member 65988 and silent.desperation
silent.desperation

silent.desperation

Jan 9, 2024
I'm afraid there's a decent to good chance that won't work. the love of my life, my "one that got away" tried his best to push me away and do things I didn't like. He made crude offensive jokes that were far beyond what he would ever say or actually believed was right. He started avoiding me, was rude and detached in his responses to messages. He made himself constantly busy so that he could excuse himself from being around me or responding to me.

We were both incredibly insecure and depressed and moderately suicidal, and I wanted to help him, which would've helped me. But he wanted to get worse and be miserable and die alone because he felt like he deserved it.

I still love him, and I still miss him all these years later. It was painfully obvious exactly what he was doing too, so I saw right through it. We were super close and very similar, so it was hard to not see that's what he was doing.

Either way, if they figure you out or not, once you're dead, it will become painfully obvious to just about anyone who goes through this. They'll likely feel even worse because "how could I have missed this. I should've done more. clearly they were just doing this to spare my feelings. this is my fault. I can only imagine how much it hurt to act like this when it's clear they care about me."

tl;Dr, I don't recommend. it's likely to backfire.

Did he CTB?

D

Deleted member 65988

No, that would absolutely make things worse because they'll realize why you became am asshole to them, that you deliberately changed so they wouldn't miss you once you ctb
Perhaps focus on them for now before you figure out your own place in this world, I'm sure there are still ways for you to do that since you've said they are enough for you to be around.
That's exactly it.
That's probably one of the biggest reasons people delay ctb, is the fear of people missing or becoming sad when you're gone. It's definitely a part of life, something that will happen sooner or later.
I mean, it isn't a surprise that some of the strongest reasons I've seen people glad they didn't ctb is that the pain they would've caused their family was too much to bare.

Last edited by a moderator:
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
Did he CTB?
he did not, thankfully. I did end up having to detach my life from his for a while, because we were both making each other feel much worse, and I didn't want him to have to go through the pain of finding out id killed myself the same year a classmate of ours did.

I, uh, also kind of threatened him into staying alive and trying to get better by threatening myself. I didn't do anything too bad, but I think having to watch me rot away in depression at how bad he was getting was punishment enough. the reason we stopped being so close is because watching him suffer was making my eating disorder worse, I was staying up later and later trying to get a hold of him and make sure he had eaten, and that he wasn't working out literally all night again; I was more and more visible stressed out and unhealthy that I lost around 30 pounds when I was already underweight out of worry for him.

I made him keep up with his circle of other friends and made them check in with him and hang out more often, and made my older sister check in with his older brother on how he was doing, while I focused on trying to get a bit better for him.

he seems to have had a happier story out of this than I have, though. we reconnected later, and though things were kinda touchy for a while, he was clearly doing a bit better, if for no other reason than he didn't want to see me get that bad again. but then I was forced to move our last year of school, and we drifted apart again. he was busy working after school, and I was in a different time zone, and was even more depressed than I had been.

we did reconnect once more after that, after id moved back home, and after my worst relationship ever. he seemed to be doing great. he had a very nice apartment in a very nice area. he was making pretty good money from his job, and he seemed genuinely happier than I'd ever seen. I was, unfortunately, still a depressed self conscious idiot who thought he was gonna kill himself soon, so i couldn't bring myself to keep up the relationship. I didn't think I deserved to be around him anymore, nor did I have the opportunity most of the time.

now he's off somewhere, far far away from me, and I moved farther still before he did. he has a girlfriend who I have no idea how he feels about. he got some work a while back in the field he was always interested in, but not exactly what he always wanted, but I figure he was still happy to be doing something in the ballpark of that. I sincerely hope with every last fiber of my being that he's happy, or as happy as he can be. I'm just happy he's living, and I'll settle for that.

sorry to dump part of my life's story on you. he was a really important chapter of my life to me, and I love him for it.

• Love
Reactions: silent.desperation
silent.desperation

silent.desperation

Jan 9, 2024
No need to apologise, I can hear how much he means to you. Thanks for sharing.

• Hugs
Reactions: thinvy
elohim-144

elohim-144

I like death grips
Feb 15, 2024
No, that would absolutely make things worse because they'll realize why you became am asshole to them, that you deliberately changed so they wouldn't miss you once you ctb

Perhaps focus on them for now before you figure out your own place in this world, I'm sure there are still ways for you to do that since you've said they are enough for you to be around.

That's exactly it.

I mean, it isn't a surprise that some of the strongest reasons I've seen people glad they didn't ctb is that the pain they would've caused their family was too much to bare.
No its just that i think the world around me actively wants me to die because i will eventually become a jobless basement dweller

• Hugs
Reactions: onbekend
D

Deleted member 65988

No its just that i think the world around me actively wants me to die because i will eventually become a jobless basement dweller
But if you've said that those two people, your current gf and friend, are reasons to stick around because you feel better or lighter with having such support systems in your life then perhaps you can use that to try to figure things out from there, I don't know to what extent you think which caused you to come to a point where you're considering ctb.