M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
It's not just the job I currently have. I basically hate to work. I'm 30 and I was jobless (or NEET so to say) a couple of times before and those were the best times for me. Only during that time I felt actually relaxed.
I just hate that there's always someone higher than you in a workplace who tries to boost their ego using their position and make you do what they tell you. Maybe it sounds childish at first, but I'm not talking just about a casual manager giving the usual orders to a coworker that are related to his everyday tasks. A lot of these managers overuse it. They will find anything just to use it against you.
I hate that it takes 1/3 (and more) of your day and that you have to do it until you retire.
I just hate the fact that you are forced to spend so much time of your life on something you don't want to do. And please don't start with "you can always go live in woods" or "just find a job you like" because we all know it's bullshit for 99% of people. You are born with some predetermined needs which you can basically only fulfill by wasting your time on working.

Besides that, I stress too much about my job. It's ironic because I'm a lazy worker. My laziness comes from the fact that... I hate to work. Simple as that. But I still stress too much.
I hate some of my coworkers and my supervisor. My mind gets stuck in a loop and it's constantly making a fighting scenes with them (like exchanging arguments, not physical fighting). It became so obsessive that I wake up almost at every night to have a fake conversation with a supervisor.

I know that I could just tell myself "don't worry, you will die anyway, none of it matters". But it doesn't help to be honest.

Man I'm dreaming so much about taking a longer break from working. Like for 6 months maybe. But I'm 99% sure that after that I will have to lower my expectations when it comes to a potential new job etc. On the other hand maybe it's worth it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, NoPoint2Life, ijustwishtodie and 8 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Well, I am at the other end of the spectrum, and at the age of 68 and still working, hopefully retire at 70, all I have ever known is working since I was 18 and my "parents" kicked me out the day after I turned 18.

Was raised on a working dairy farm and they drove me to town, dropped me off on the street curb with no money, food, shelter or job. Started out with a bag of clothes and GO!

Now after all this time, that was in 1974, looking back, I wish that I had taken some time off and explored more of the world, than I have, bonus, at 70, I am going to globe trot full time,

Looking back in the rear-view mirror of life, I wish I had balanced work/life better, time is everything, money comes and goes, yes one needs a roof and food but life experiences meeting other cultures, and the like is so wonderful.

To the younger set of folks, yes one has to work, unless one is born rich, BUT make darn sure to take some time and "smell the roses", because life is a mosaic of lots of things and not just work or not working, everything and enjoy.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Horse, XdragonsoulX, Arachno and 5 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I wish that I could be a neet. Of course I'd rather be dead as being dead is superior than being a neet but, if I were forced to stay alive (which I am because society heavily regulates death), I'd want to be a neet. It's just so unfair that we have to work and get exploited despite not even consenting to existence or to participating in society in the first place. I never wanted to work in the first place. I never had any passions in anything. I hate it when people say "just find a job that you like" as, in my case, there isn't a job that I'd like. I hate all jobs and I think that it's unfair that I'm forced to work. I'd rather be dead so that I don't have to work.

I hope that I manage to kill myself before I get forced to work as, the moment I start working, I know that I will forever be forced to work until old age as society has meticulously designed the system to be where you get too exhausted to do anything else but wage slavery everyday until you die naturally. This means that I need to die before I get forced to work

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and NoPoint2Life
twolegs

twolegs

twoarms
Sep 17, 2024
You're so valid. I feel so much better not working. I hope some form of accessible UBI is implemented before I die, id want to live more

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Don't resort to that immediately. Maybe you can get NEETbux from the government or live with family so you don't have to do it.
I can't use any neetbux because my mum is using my neetbux. My family also won't let me live with them for long. They're strict and will kick me out if I fail to launch in adulthood

FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
Well, I am at the other end of the spectrum, and at the age of 68 and still working, hopefully retire at 70, all I have ever known is working since I was 18 and my "parents" kicked me out the day after I turned 18.

Was raised on a working dairy farm and they drove me to town, dropped me off on the street curb with no money, food, shelter or job. Started out with a bag of clothes and GO!

Now after all this time, that was in 1974, looking back, I wish that I had taken some time off and explored more of the world, than I have, bonus, at 70, I am going to globe trot full time,

Looking back in the rear-view mirror of life, I wish I had balanced work/life better, time is everything, money comes and goes, yes one needs a roof and food but life experiences meeting other cultures, and the like is so wonderful.

To the younger set of folks, yes one has to work, unless one is born rich, BUT make darn sure to take some time and "smell the roses", because life is a mosaic of lots of things and not just work or not working, everything and enjoy.

Walter
Thanks Walter. I like reading your posts. It's something, I think, a lot of us acknowledge, but getting out is a lot harder than work-home-work-home. Especially when prices have been inflated to kingdom come and wages are still a pittance. The idea of saving to maybe travel near the end of your life... doesn't feel so good. No matter what I do it feels like I can't cope.

OP, neet life is hell. I'm the same age as you. Neet for many years. Trying to recover. I hate work too. I struggle to get there some days, and I fail that sometimes too, but it's better than being neet. Neet life just destroys your soul. When you try and escape or even interact with others you get looked at like scum. Everyone makes fun of neets.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, XdragonsoulX and derpyderpins
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I think it's understandable, that you don't think your work is appreciated that much, or it's too competitive and you want to be valued for what you are doing.

Reactions: Motoko
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I'll say, when I had doctor's orders to just lay and rest my eyes, even after surgery, I thought to myself: 'you know . . . I'd rather be actively sick than working.' Not that I actually want to be sick, but like if I had to work my 8 hrs/day or go just be hurting in a hospital for 8 hours and then I'm all better and can go home, I'd rather do option two. That is really, really sad. And work conditions and culture are bad, and there is coercion and unwillingness to adapt and unbalanced power in favor of those at the top. That's all true. I would pick option one if it were 4 hours instead of 8, but there's no push whatsoever to get there. And, of course, it fluctuates. There are times when I like my work, actually, but then I get behind and anxious and that kills it. Makes it torture.

But, despite that. I know, in my head, that it's worth it and better than the alternative of giving up and relying on the kindness of strangers or - worse, for me - my parents.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere