Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Student
Sep 28, 2019
It's funny if you tell your mom or friends you are tired and exhausted and they tell you are doing nothing for days so how can you be tired...
I would never wish anything bad to them but I would like to show them how I am feeling 24/7...depression and my mental illness swallowed me whole. I was doing school / sport and I was busy all the time but it was enjoyable kind of tireness. You knew you did something for yourself and you felt proud...but since I am depressed as sh** last couple of years I feel tired and worse than ever...I just wake up and that's it and I would be able to go to bed again after 2 hours of being awake...

I feel like no one understands how does it feel to live with body dysmorphic disorder, OCD and terrible depression. Even people on this site don't understand what BDD really is...they just keep telling to find a job and accept yourself and it will be okay...I wish it was easy like that...but it's really not. I know people have other ilnesses and problems but imagine hating yourself and your looks 24/7...

If I was in psych ward they kept telling me I look good and there are people who look way worse but it doesn't help...I see my flaws and I would like to be completely someone else...

• Hugs
Reactions: hopeless__soul, TheDevilsAngel, OreoWellington and 6 others
DevilInHell667

DevilInHell667

Dec 6, 2019
That's horrible. And I feel too like nobody understands me. My ears are open if you need someone to talk

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and Qverty7455
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I'm so sorry you've had to live your life with constant invalidation and not support, love. My mom was the same way until I was fully immersed in treatment and we had a therapy session before I graduated IOP. She also has witnessed all the pills I have to take, so she doesn't question it. I do keep my distance with her as she is still triggering to me, there was one time she said, "I thought you'd be all better now since you're taking pills." I blew up on her to say the least, but since then she doesn't say anything and she tries her best to understand me... It breaks my heart to know so many of us lack that support and fundamental foundation from our families. It's one of the many things that has lead me to ctb, unfortunately. It fucks you up so badly.

Sending you my love and support. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and DevilInHell667
R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019
Qverty7455,

Your thread headline:

I hate when your friends or family calls you weak for being tired while you are doing "nothing"

got my attention and led me to your post. I can tell you are depressed and disappointed with others who say the things you mention that only cause you more sadness. Perhaps because they don't or won't try to understand your situation.

I wanted to confess to you I am one of the SS members you mentioned who does not really know what body dysmorphic disorder - BDD - is. I took a look at the definition in order to respond to you and can see it is a condition that can create very serious issues.

I am sorry that I don't know more about it and want to and will try to learn about issues you and other members deal with every day, that others do not.

I want to understand and be here for all members afflicted with conditions and circumstances that weigh so heavily on their daily lives. But I especially want to be sure to remember your headline's import - I must try my best to be sensitive when responding to posts, and not say something that may be well-meaning, but lacks thought and understanding.

So, please bear with me, and thank you for this important lesson.

Last edited: