mapleboy

mapleboy

sleepy...
May 22, 2023
This shit is so frustrating. I've been receiving outpatient therapy for months at a facility. I have a wonderful therapist there who understands me more than I understand myself. He is so incredibly patient and kind towards me. I enjoy going to that facility every day. But here's the shitty part... I had an extremely bad episode on Tuesday. The staff were grabbing me and trying to hold me down to prevent me from leaving to go home. It was fucking terrifying. I bit one of the staff members holding me three times, and I bit a nurse who was trying to inject me with something. I didn't mean to get violent, I didn't know what was happening and I tried everything to break myself away from all the people holding me down. The staff member I bit three times is so sweet and kind, I feel incredibly guilty for hurting them.

Again, I really didn't mean to hurt anyone, I just wanted to get away. Eventually, my mother arrived to take me home and away from those people. We received a phone call from the facility director later that day, who told us that I would NOT be allowed to receive help from them UNLESS I go into the fucking psych ward for a while. It made me so angry, that was the first episode I've ever had in therapy. Why was I given an ultimatum to be able to continue getting the help I need? The outpatient services I was receiving were helping gradually, and that facility in particular was the only one I actually made progress with.

I have not found anything more helpful in the 13 years I spent in and out of psych wards and cycling through therapists. Yet I'm being forced to go to a psych ward in order to continue treatment there. What kind of bullshit is that? I only caused trouble ONE TIME. It's so fucking unfair. Why am I being treated this way? Why am I being treated like someone who needs to be locked up? I just wanted help.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: WhyWasIBorn, Sannti, regal20 and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That really is so awful, I find it so cruel how suffering people are treat like criminals in this world.

FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
It's probably a liability thing, in a perfect world you would be able to go back. Could you connect with the therapist outside of the facility? Also do you think it is worth going to psych to be able to return to that facility?