FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
And to me it feels like there's no escaping from it, it's tiresome when people try to push the idea of therapy and "help", as anything like that is just a scam to profit from people's suffering.
It's disgusting how there is so much brainwashing into trying to make people believe that wanting to die is "irrational" when in fact it's anything but. In this hellish reality death really is the only relief so it's insane to push the idea of "help" in this existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.

All that existence is, is just undesirable and meaningless suffering which is best avoided, I'd always prefer to eternally cease to exist to escape from all future harms in this futile existence that just leads to death and decay anyway.

The non-existent cannot mourn for the fact that they are unable to have the ability to suffer in this cruel and pointless existence, as instead they are at peace, no matter what I'll always see it as preferable to not exist, as one cannot suffer from not existing.
Anything anti-suicide is very delusional, wishing to permanently escape from all suffering is all that feels rational to me. It's undeniable that existence itself is the true problem.

Reactions: myusername890, Moniker, Seered Doom and 7 others
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
I agree with you. This stupid suicide prevention policy is fascist and totalitarian. If we cannot kill ourselves, it means that we do not have our own body in our possession. That is, we are simply slaves of an imposed existence. From a moral point of view, an imposed existence burdened with suffering is precisely irrational.

Reactions: myusername890, Moniker, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
And to me it feels like there's no escaping from it, it's tiresome when people try to push the idea of therapy and "help", as anything like that is just a scam to profit from people's suffering.
It's disgusting how there is so much brainwashing into trying to make people believe that wanting to die is "irrational" when in fact it's anything but. In this hellish reality death really is the only relief so it's insane to push the idea of "help" in this existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.

All that existence is, is just undesirable and meaningless suffering which is best avoided, I'd always prefer to eternally cease to exist to escape from all future harms in this futile existence that just leads to death and decay anyway.

The non-existent cannot mourn for the fact that they are unable to have the ability to suffer in this cruel and pointless existence, as instead they are at peace, no matter what I'll always see it as preferable to not exist, as one cannot suffer from not existing.
Anything anti-suicide is very delusional, wishing to permanently escape from all suffering is all that feels rational to me. It's undeniable that existence itself is the true problem.
Yea but people have loved ones that don't want them to die. I am pretty much recovered though, that's why am saying this.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and yeahokbuddyboy
yeahokbuddyboy

yeahokbuddyboy

Nov 4, 2023
Be careful about labeling therapy and "help" as a "scam". Every individual and therapist and worldview is different and therapy clicks better with some people than others. I'm sorry for your suffering, and I agree that society could be more nuanced and accepting of suicide, and there's very real grounds for beef with those who don't understand and/or take away the option of suicide via the law, etc.

But being "anti-help" is dangerous when there are people like myself, who I am certain could be happier and better-off if I had reached out sooner. I'm not brainwashed, and I'm here because I'm going to kill myself, just like most of the people here. But I will do it regretfully, and I know life can be beautiful for a lot of people and I know not everyone here will end up choosing suicide.

I don't mean to disrespect your vent or preach to you or anything. Just want to put that out there for those who might read this thread.

I hope you find peace.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's based on a chance that someone's life could improve. They're not necessarily saying a person wanting to die is irrational, although some are to be fair- some will always see suicide as a symptom of mental illness and further than that- that the person can't think rationally because of this. But- for the ones who are more open minded and empathetic maybe- they can probably sympathise as to why that person feels like they want to end it under their current circumstances.

That's where there tends to be a divergence though. The most steadfast of pro-lifers will insist that all problems can be solved. The most steadfast of promortalists will insist that death is the best option for everyone.

I agree that too much forced treatment is a bad thing but- not to suggest it at all- especially to someone who is on the fence doesn't seem great (to me) either.

When you are saying people are being 'brainwashed' against suicide- it makes it sound like suicide is automatically the best option for everyone. I expect you do believe that but I imagine the majority of people- even here- don't.

Suicide is a choice- yes. It's one that ultimately should be respected- I agree. But- I don't think it's utterly 'toxic' to respectfully check that a person has considered all their options. That's not to pressure them into having therapy or anything else- it's just to say- for some people, it helps- then leave it to them to make their own choice.

From what I understand- you've never actually tried it- so, you're making a judgement on behalf of everyone else. It's fair to say it isn't always effective. It's fair to say it can do more harm than good- there are examples of that here but it's just too broard to say nothing works for anyone. Basically- we're all doomed so therefore- we should all be able to kill ourselves without intervention. Some people actually want help!

I don't blame you for holding your own opinions. You have every right to express them too. My opinions for myself aren't so different to yours. The difficulty I have is when you think your ideas should apply to everyone though. Not that it's really any of my business but- seeing as this is a public forum and has the dubious reputation of being a death cult- that's why I do feel the need to put up some opposition to posts that pomote promortalism for all.

Reactions: yeahokbuddyboy and Praestat_Mori