FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It just feels so wrong to me how this society is so focused on preventing suicide rather than respecting the perfectly valid wish to die, any kind of suicide prevention is just the prolonging of unnecessary suffering. People should just be able to die in peace when they wish to as after all it isn't like any of us consented to existing in this cruel, hellish world. We were so harmfully forced here and it disgusts me how humans try to force the idea of prevention despite this, it's repulsive how humans wish to prolong meaningless suffering as much as possible.

If one holds any anti-suicide type views they clearly lack any compassion, the whole idea of suicide prevention is just delusional in the first place and also very insensitive. Because after all we are just waiting to decay and die anyway, destined for nothing but to deteriorate from age in this futile existence that was always very undesirable in the first place.

If one wants to take control over their inevitable fate then to me that's very rational as it's disturbing how there is no limit as to how much a human can suffer, the thought of being tormented by old age particularly horrifies me and that's all existing leads to. So I actually see it as very evil to want to stop someone from escaping from that, I'd certainly always see it as preferable to not exist, only non-existence is desirable as after all one cannot suffer from the absence of everything. Death is the only relief in this hellish world.

• Hugs
Reactions: KAZ-2Y5, FailerQt., LetMeBeSad and 8 others
U

until death

maybe it's time to say goodbye
Dec 12, 2023
Suicide prevention won't stop me from taking my own life. I'll do it anyway!

Reactions: Shimidori
Shimidori

Shimidori

make me sad
Dec 22, 2023
I genuinely think that the people that try to push for suicide prevention have their heart on the right place (the wish to help those around them), but they often ignore why people even look towards suicide as an option: the empty feeling of opening your eyes everyday, with a weight that seemingly cannot be removed by anything or anyone, the crushed spirit whose pieces one doesn't even have the energy to pick up anymore. There is just a point where trying is actually harder than coming to terms with the fact that there's no sin on choosing to end your life on your own terms, rather than wait for life to kill you first.

A lot of people that try to prevent suicide seemingly go for a superficial approach: life is a gift, thus it must be valued and preserved, even against one's wishes. Their argument can be based on empathy as well, the idea that there's worth on everyone's lives. But, at the same time, shouldn't empathy go the other way? To see that one can see their life as something they don't wish to extend, and, hate it or not, try to see their point of view? After all, we should be able to choose what we do with our bodies, even if that means subjecting it to its inevitable end.

It's like seeing a patient on a hospital, with everyone knowing that they will die, and forcing them to live for longer: at which point does it stop being about a genuine preservation of life, and starts becoming about extending that person's pain against their wishes? I know if I was on their position, I would just tell them to let me die, and if I ever come to terms with my own life and death, I'll tell people one thing clearly: to not attempt to save me, because I will try to die again.

Reactions: KAZ-2Y5 and SSamGarrison
exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
Suicide prevention in and of itself is self-serving and probably makes people feel moral. I don't believe an anti-suicide approach should be the default, but I do have a heart for those pro-lifers who genuinely just do not realize the pain they are further inflicting upon their loved one. Some are just flat out awful, but I'd like to think most mean well. There is a portion of society who has never experienced a suicidal thought and cannot imagine the idea of taking their own life. It's a foreign concept to them and sometimes people's empathy can only stretch so far.

Secondly, I believe that some suicide prevention is necessary. What do you do when the thirteen year old who just got dumped by their middle school boyfriend wants to down a bottle of painkillers? Do we hand 'em the pills? And what about a new mother suffering from postpartum depression who momentarily forgets that the pain can pass? What about the young adult with impulse control issues who fails their chemistry exam and has a day of wanting to self-harm really bad? This is not a black and white situation; there are times when people will feel suicidal and it absolutely can pass. In those cases, there needs to be some type of intervention. I do not believe the current system is even remotely okay. Locking people away in institutions and treating them as criminals for such thoughts is despicable. Mental health care reform needs to happen. I think that would be the real suicide prevention we all could benefit from.

I think that if painless assisted suicide were to ever become legalized world wide, there should be some type of "measure". And by that, I really just mean someone should have enough of a sound mind to acknowledge their decision is permanent. Not even that they've tried all the solutions in the world, but that it has been a constant enough thought that they're certain.

All that to say, I do see your point and a large part of me agrees with you. Hearing anti-suicide propaganda when I've suffered with excruciating circumstances for over twenty years is the most aggravating thing. Not every story needs to be met with the pro-life agenda.

On the other hand, not every case needs to be met with total acceptance of suicide either. It's a fine line, and one that is quite nuanced at the end of the day.

Reactions: KAZ-2Y5 and beelzebul
smeltingtheiron

smeltingtheiron

meat-aholic
Dec 17, 2023
Like many others have said, suicide prevention isn't completely bad because there's nuance to suicide. If a teenager decides to kill themselves because they were dumped then that's where suicide prevention is important. However, if someone is suffering from a chronic illness that's causing them an endless amount of suffering and discomfort with no chance of a cure or comfortable manageability then that's where suicide prevention can be unnecessary. When suicide prevention is pushed by those who have idealistic views on others who push those views onto others is when it becomes a serious problem in my eyes.

Reactions: struggles_inc, betternever2havbeen, bebebeep and 1 other person
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
Like many others have said, suicide prevention isn't completely bad because there's nuance to suicide. If a teenager decides to kill themselves because they were dumped then that's where suicide prevention is important. However, if someone is suffering from a chronic illness that's causing them an endless amount of suffering and discomfort with no chance of a cure or comfortable manageability then that's where suicide prevention can be unnecessary. When suicide prevention is pushed by those who have idealistic views on others who push those views onto others is when it becomes a serious problem in my eyes.
You summarised it perfectly. I'm not sure what OP's beliefs of suicide prevention are, but if they mean that it's to prevent adolescents or even adults from committing suicide solely because they're in a rough place for a temporary period, then not agreeing with suicide prevention is unbelievably ridiculous and naive. It changes significantly when suicide prevention is instead a facade for "forced life", such as, as you say, people suffering from chronic illnesses, those on their deathbeds already, or those with particularly stubborn or incurable mental conditions. Fortunately, the latter instance isn't actually that common at all. It just seems like SaSu users think it is. The former definition of suicide prevention should absolutely be advocated for, and it increases the quality of life for an immeasurable amount of people to an almost unbelievable degree.

Reactions: struggles_inc, betternever2havbeen, bebebeep and 2 others
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
It only exists to make people fell like theyre heroes or something. I dont understand how stupid do you have to be to beieve that you can another person, who isnt hurting anyone, what can they and cant do with their life.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't think suicide prevention as a concept is bad. What I do dislike about suicide prevention however, is the way people have implemented it right now. I dislike at how you get silenced and get involuntarily sent to a mental hospital if you talk about being actively suicidal. I also dislike at how the default state is suicide prevention for all cases by using shitty platitudes as justification for said suicide prevention. I think suicide prevention would be okay if the suicidal person asked for it without any coercion or if they admit to wanting support

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I dislike how I can't end my life with the help of doctors "oh your heart is broken? thats not a reason to die" i mean c'mon, really, you cant decide why someone should die or why not. With physical illness I couldn't imagine living life in pain or difficulty like that. I do believe depression is almost physical, I struggle daily and didn't go outside for the majority 2023. My sole reason is because my partner left me. He abandoned me and I was with him everyday for 15 years, literally every day, it sounds bad but it is me who made it toxic. I lost my whole world. I can't learn another person, my mother died, I have one family member, my grandmother and 2 stepsisters (I hate saying step-sister it feels like there's a disconnection in ways, I don't see them anyway) I want this pain of loss, abandonment and depression to be gone I am also misanthropic so I don't want to stay around some of these humans any longer, I cannot trust anymore, I cannot think about life outside of 4 walls. I am a depressed recluse who deserves to die if I want

A

ayb

"I'd feel trapped if I couldn't CTB at any time."
Feb 15, 2019
Suicide prevention in and of itself is self-serving and probably makes people feel moral. I don't believe an anti-suicide approach should be the default, but I do have a heart for those pro-lifers who genuinely just do not realize the pain they are further inflicting upon their loved one. Some are just flat out awful, but I'd like to think most mean well. There is a portion of society who has never experienced a suicidal thought and cannot imagine the idea of taking their own life. It's a foreign concept to them and sometimes people's empathy can only stretch so far.

Secondly, I believe that some suicide prevention is necessary. What do you do when the thirteen year old who just got dumped by their middle school boyfriend wants to down a bottle of painkillers? Do we hand 'em the pills? And what about a new mother suffering from postpartum depression who momentarily forgets that the pain can pass? What about the young adult with impulse control issues who fails their chemistry exam and has a day of wanting to self-harm really bad? This is not a black and white situation; there are times when people will feel suicidal and it absolutely can pass. In those cases, there needs to be some type of intervention. I do not believe the current system is even remotely okay. Locking people away in institutions and treating them as criminals for such thoughts is despicable. Mental health care reform needs to happen. I think that would be the real suicide prevention we all could benefit from.

I think that if painless assisted suicide were to ever become legalized world wide, there should be some type of "measure". And by that, I really just mean someone should have enough of a sound mind to acknowledge their decision is permanent. Not even that they've tried all the solutions in the world, but that it has been a constant enough thought that they're certain.

All that to say, I do see your point and a large part of me agrees with you. Hearing anti-suicide propaganda when I've suffered with excruciating circumstances for over twenty years is the most aggravating thing. Not every story needs to be met with the pro-life agenda.

On the other hand, not every case needs to be met with total acceptance of suicide either. It's a fine line, and one that is quite nuanced at the end of the day.
Exactly why assisted dying needs to be legalized and regulated. I agree with you that there are suicides done for piss- poor reasons.

What I detest however is the people who want to keep assisted dying illegal while throwing a gasket when adults establish their sources and sites for CTB and then antis call for them to be banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
I can decide in which city I want to live.
I can decide in which house I want to live.
I can decide which subject I want to study in university.
I can decide what I want to work with.
I can decide what clothers I want to wear on my body.
I can decide what food I should eat.
I can decide what drink I should drink.
I can decide what people I want to meet.
I can decide who I want to marry.
I can decide if I don´t want to get married.
I can decide what I want to buy in the store.
I can decide what furniture I want at home.
I can decide how I want to live my life.
So why wouldn´t I be able to decide when and how I want to die?
In fact, I was born without my permission and shouldn´t be forced to live and suffer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dliena