Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
In case not everyone knows this yet, I've been through emotional abuse and neglect in a psychiatric ward for several years. Luckily I got away from that ward several months ago and are now well on my road to recovery. One thing that really bother me though, is how much silence there are around trauma from my experience at least. Everybody around me keeps acting as if it never happened. I've even had people tell me things that confirms that they actually do realise what went on in there and still act like it never happened. Because of this I've never really been able to talk much about it. It's not that I don't want to, it just doesn't feel worth it when people just keep justifying it. In the end, talking about it just ends up hurting even more. It's extra difficult when it happened in relation to the psychiatric system because it's so easy to get labelled as "overeggsaterating" or "crazy" when you already have a history of mental illness. I feel so darn alone because of this. I don't care if that ward ever gets justice or not, all I want is for somebody to say they believe me. That's all I want! And yet I remain silent and alone about it because society forces me to. I hate to admit it, but I know I'm most definitely not the only one, and that hurts! You shouldn't be forced to walk with this stuff alone or bottle it up. It's not right! I know it will probably never happen, but I wish society would just step up and break the silence around trauma. It's just not okay!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, HereTomorrow, Adûnâi and 4 others
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Luckily I got away from that ward several months ago and are now well on my road to recovery.
Wow, impressive! I'd probably kill myself at 10% of what's usually described there.

I've even had people tell me things that confirms that they actually do realise what went on in there and still act like it never happened.
The usual response to this would probably be that they are coping and memory-holing it? Another idea would be that the victims deserved it, like the German civilians in 1945? But I would take another route - they approve of it and support it. Just how my mom supports bombing Donbass cities in 2014.

(Apologies for using political examples, history is what I breathe.)

But for real, if you don't fight against the system, you support it. And by fighting I mean the most basic acknowledgement of its disgusting nature. So thy do support it, why not! Just how they support birthing humans against their will, and genocides, and what have you. Humans are scum. But can't blame them, they are part of the inherently revolting physical world.

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter and HereTomorrow