• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I agree with you, but feel like most pain is a result of having consciousness. Why are our minds capable of being conscious? What's the point...
Animals can feel pain too, so the problem is being a biological being in the first place

Reactions: libitina and kmlk13
K

kmlk13

Jun 28, 2022
Animals can feel pain too, so the problem is being a biological being in the first place
Obviously you're right, what I meant was that us humans are (unfortunately!) able to experience deeper, emotional and mental pain, beyond just the physical sensation. And very often that's even worse :notsure:.

AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
I hate having a biological body. I hate being able to feel pain, etc. I wish that I were an AI or something
I think about that too but then it's also scary for me how if I was an AI, I could be hacked, or I would have less control and autonomy over myself. Always tradeoffs

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Every human or other animal is born thirsty and hungry = in pain. Every animal has to work constantly to satisfy these and other needs. And they call it pleasure of eating. You work to remove the pain of hunger. Long term starvation causes constant excruciating pain every second for weeks. The "enjoyment" of eating is only a fleeting pleasure we quickly forget. pain is always worse a higher intensity and longer duration. The bad things like unbearable constant pain far outweigh the "enjoyable" crap. The enjoyable garbage is what keeps one here to set u up for the extreme suffering, the unbearable pain the extreme torture .

But imo even a sentient / conscious Ai could suffer mental suffering. Consciousness / sentience is the problem too

See the story free to download " I have no mouth but I must scream"

Last edited:
unnecessary

unnecessary

The hope I had in this world is gone
Apr 25, 2024
I think the big problem is consciousness and how much we are aware of what we are feeling. The Greeks had a similar idea
after hunting, asked his captive Silenus somewhat urgently, what was the most desirable thing among humankind. At first he could offer no response, and was obstinately silent. At length, when Midas would not stop plaguing him, he erupted with these words, though very unwillingly: 'you, seed of an evil genius and precarious offspring of hard fortune, whose life is but for a day, why do you compel me to tell you those things of which it is better you should remain ignorant? For he lives with the least worry who knows not his misfortune; but for humans, the best for them is not to be born at all, not to partake of nature's excellence; not to be is best, for both sexes. This should be our choice, if choice we have; and the next to this is, when we are born, to die as soon as we can.' It is plain therefore, that he declared the condition of the dead to be better than that of the living.

– Aristotle, Eudemus (354 BCE), surviving fragment quoted in Plutarch, Moralia. Consolatio ad Apollonium, sec. xxvii (1st century CE) (S. H. transl.)
I think that if a machine were conscious like us it would go through almost the same problems that we have.

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
"And he who increases complexity increases suffering." I missed the time when we used to be unconscious chemical reactions. I think plans are superior than humans.
I think the big problem is consciousness and how much we are aware of what we are feeling. The Greeks had a similar idea

I think that if a machine were conscious like us it would go through almost the same problems that we have.
But machine can't feel pain, it solves only logical problems, nervous system is kinda outdated, we should upload our consciousness to machine and abandon human body

Last edited:
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
The only thing that scares me is having a biological body.
Imagine someone torturing you to the point where you are barely alive, but you still can't leave because the person who is torturing you won't let you. I think the greatest deception of humans and other animals is that we cannot simply die at will.
Also it feels so uncomfortably and impractical in human body.

Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
same. I guess in Heaven they are not made up of biology, just physics. I have bad skin problems and want out of this body. Skin problems are the worst thing that can happen to a person I think in the psychological sense.

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
The only thing that scares me is having a biological body.
Imagine someone torturing you to the point where you are barely alive, but you still can't leave because the person who is torturing you won't let you. I think the greatest deception of humans and other animals is that we cannot simply die at will.
Also it feels so uncomfortably and impractical in human body.
oh god, the funkytown vid..

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Every human or other animal is born thirsty and hungry = in pain. Every animal has to work constantly to satisfy these and other needs. And they call it pleasure of eating. You work to remove the pain of hunger. Long term starvation causes constant excruciating pain every second for weeks. The "enjoyment" of eating is only a fleeting pleasure we quickly forget. pain is always worse a higher intensity and longer duration. The bad things like unbearable constant pain far outweigh the "enjoyable" crap. The enjoyable garbage is what keeps one here to set u up for the extreme suffering, the unbearable pain the extreme torture .

But imo even a sentient / conscious Ai could suffer mental suffering. Consciousness / sentience is the problem too

See the story free to download " I have no mouth but I must scream"
Harlan Ellison, woot! There's a fun computer game based on the story as well.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think being purely an intelligence even without biological impulses or sensations is a special kind of hell all on its own. Pain unfortunately brings relief to boredom for some people. Without great pain there also cannot be great pleasure but that doesn't make the pain exactly worth it either.

So basically it's true that it's better to never exist or to have existed at all. 😳

SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
I'm in pain right now and I hate it. I have cramps and I just think that there's no need for them at all. I wish I wasn't a biological being
Me too, I find it very difficult to leave my bed when I have cramps. Idk how I'm supposed to function as a person with them.

D

DarknessAndDespair

Mar 26, 2023
The body is a torture machine. I'm traumatised by all the illnesses and excruciating pain I have to endure from time to time, and how much worse it can get. I am traumatised by being locked in a biological body. This is a nightmare, this is hell.

J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
Me too! I hate waking up in the morning and realizing, damn, still stuck in this body. ☹️

Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
Having to endure all of this unnecessary suffering and drama makes no sense at all. Sorry about the cramps.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Same. I hate my body, it's a prison made of flesh. I can't understand those who oppose transhumanism.
I'd rather be a discarnate entity, assuming I could not suffer, than this.
I'd rather not exist at all, but that would be the second-best option.