UserHussein

UserHussein

Oct 14, 2023
I'm half Lebanese, half Russian. I'm not a Lebanese citizen, but am a Russian one. Deciding which country I should live in the future after I complete my education in America, if I don't CTB.

Reactions: sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I don't understand why my soul chose to be American in this life…
It's a nation in decline, and the rate of decline has accelerated in recent years. I'd speculate particularly post-covid, but overall it has been declining for a good while, probably decades. I say this knowing a lot of people from overseas, particularly south korea (Americans that spend time there plus native Koreans). Since elsewhere in the thread people are talking about Japan, I'll weigh in and say I know people who were in America around 2015-2018, went to Korea, and came back post-Covid and they say they already had some problems with America but have noticed those things are getting way worse after leaving the country for a few years and returning.

Visiting South Korea was so damn frustrating because of how nice it was. They have plenty of problems, sure, but it doesn't compare. The cities are clean and safe. Everyone does their part not to mess things up. Only the most qualified people go into government jobs, so there isn't bloat and agencies are very efficient. The people won't take advantage. You can assume no one will steal your stuff like you used to be able to in American small towns, even in Seoul. Everyone, and I mean everyone, that you interact with seems to be proficient and wanting to provide good service however they can.

I think the biggest difference is that while they have problems (like Japan, Korea has a sky-high suicide rate. They have low overall incomes. There are definitely some cultural disagreements, particularly between genders) at the end of the day they all like and are proud of Korea, and actively try to do their part to make it a better place. America is so divided and we are all at each other's throats so much that there's no unity. It is very, very depressing, and I've gotten black-pilled on the idea that there's a path to improve it. We're living at the end of an empire.

If you asked South Koreans what they like about Korea, they would say something like 'we are proud of our education for our young people, our technological developments, our historical culture kept alive in the areas outside of Seoul, and the cleanliness and safety of our cities.' There would be a good consensus that those things are important. If you asked Americans. . . you'd get half the people saying "I guess I like our gun rights and free speech but the libtard communists are taking too much of those!" and the other half would say "I like that there are more progressive areas that are tolerant and accepting but the rednecks even ruin those!" Honestly, what is the common ground we can all get behind? We used to have some, even if our politicians ignored us all anyway. Beautiful cities? No, conservatives hate them. Small town culture in the south? No, liberals hate them. Sports? Nope, the fans and owners are racist. Hollywood? Nope, it's too "woke." Our military? lol. We used to be able to say we at least were financially better off than the rest of the world but I don't think people believe that anymore with food and rent prices.

It's a mess, and it makes it hard to think positively about the future when you see signs of decay all around you.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I actually don't mind America. I don't think I'd fit better in any other country. I considered living in Taiwan but in order to be a citizen I'd have to do the mandatory draft service.

AresCohere

AresCohere

Professional Insomniac
Apr 10, 2023
Honestly it depends where you live. I was originally in the north-east and it was fine but then I had to go to Florida for uni and aaaaaaaaa

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Honestly it depends where you live. I was originally in the north-east and it was fine but then I had to go to Florida for uni and aaaaaaaaa
I live in the northeast, but nothing about America appeals to me. I don't like its ideology, politicians, capitalism, values (greed and selfishness) and various other aspects of it. It seems to have no culture of its own, just materialism and consumerism. America is a failing country. It's a country on the decline

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
T

tomyumgoong

Dec 22, 2023
I don't understand why my soul chose to be American in this life…
Honestly, same. It definitely could be worse and I don't mean to romanticize other countries or downplay their struggles. But damn. Things are not good. And I try my best to organize and make a difference and encourage other people to do the same, but it doesn't get anywhere. Our culture is too apathetic. Too busy. Rich or working to death.

AresCohere

AresCohere

Professional Insomniac
Apr 10, 2023
I live in the northeast, but nothing about America appeals to me. I don't like its ideology, politicians, capitalism, values (greed and selfishness) and various other aspects of it. It seems to have no culture of its own, just materialism and consumerism. America is a failing country. It's a country on the decline
Honestly that seems to be the case everywhere now, it's just that America is the biggest example of it.

There is sadly no escape

Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022

(I like the benefits of the US, but not its ideals.)

• Informative