• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
WARNING: graphic description of death via gunshot in mouth

I genuinely can't understand how you can survive a gunshot to the brainstem area through the mouth. Even if you don't exactly hit the brainstem, there'd be so much blood pouring into your lungs that you'd just drown, right? Especially with something like a .357, I saw the Budd Dwyer video and it was like a blood fountain, crazy amount of blood pouring out. Hopefully you'd pass out from blood loss before drowning in your own blood, but either way, you have those extra insurances if you don't die immediately? I'm guessing maybe extremely prompt medical attention may allow you to survive but even then, it shouldn't be long before you run out of oxygen via suffocation, blood loss, and probably both? I know there's people who have survived shotgun blasts because they aimed up their chin rather than mouth, and while I'm still shocked that they don't choke to death on blood, maybe it's because their airways are technically still in tact?

I also know a common reason gun suicides may fail is because of flinching but if you have a gun in your mouth, I feel like it's harder to flinch because even if you do, your mouth sort of holds in in a general direction, whereas with temple there's a lot more room to move around?

Maybe I'm missing something? Let me know if I got anything wrong?

Hope you all had some joy today <3

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022

I genuinely can't understand how you can survive a gunshot to the brainstem area through the mouth. Even if you don't exactly hit the brainstem, there'd be so much blood pouring into your lungs that you'd just drown, right? Especially with something like a .357, I saw the Budd Dwyer video and it was like a blood fountain, crazy amount of blood pouring out. Hopefully you'd pass out from blood loss before drowning in your own blood, but either way, you have those extra insurances if you don't die immediately? I'm guessing maybe extremely prompt medical attention may allow you to survive but even then, it shouldn't be long before you run out of oxygen via suffocation, blood loss, and probably both? I know there's people who have survived shotgun blasts because they aimed up their chin rather than mouth, and while I'm still shocked that they don't choke to death on blood, maybe it's because their airways are technically still in tact?

I also know a common reason gun suicides may fail is because of flinching but if you have a gun in your mouth, I feel like it's harder to flinch because even if you do, your mouth sort of holds in in a general direction, whereas with temple there's a lot more room to move around?

I'm really suicidal, but I'm getting to a point where I don't know if it's worth doing it because of the fear of living with irreparable damage. It's a tiny chance, but is it really worth the risk of being a vegetable? If you end up living, you'll just wish you never did it in the first place because your life will be horrible after that. I'm not trying to annoy you here. It's just something that's been on my mind.

Upvote 0
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
I'm really suicidal, but I'm getting to a point where I don't know if it's worth doing it because of the fear of living with irreparable damage. It's a tiny chance, but is it really worth the risk of being a vegetable? If you end up living, you'll just wish you never did it in the first place because your life will be horrible after that. I'm not trying to annoy you here. It's just something that's been on my mind.
You're not annoying me, that's exactly why I posted this here, to get peoples opinions including yours :) I appreciate the reply. Yeah, it seems like there's no 100% method, hell, I just came across a thread of the glorious N and how it doesn't always work apparently. I guess I just need to reach a point in my life where it becomes absolutely unbearable to the point where id be willing to risk it. All good things in life take risks I feel… and it feels like the most lethal method, the worse it is to survive in case you are an unlucky bastard. I totally get what you mean

Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Firearms have the highest lethality rate amongst all CTB methods. There is no 100% certain method, only because, in this world, 100% for anything cannot exist, except that all living things will eventually die. Honestly, with a .357, I, also, see no way that someone could survive a shot into their mouth that takes out their brain stem. A firearm is as close to 100% that you're going to find, as far as an effective CTB method.

Upvote 0
LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023
A firearm to the mouth will succeed at least 90% of the time. However, if you want to increase that to 99%, you should buy a gun of a high enough caliber and study where to aim it. I own a .44 magnum revolver, and when the time comes, I will aim it properly at the right angle to hit my brainstem. A .357 mag or a 9mm or higher semi-auto could almost certainly achieve the same effect, but I had enough money and I wanted to be as certain as possible about my future suicide.

BTW don't worry about recoil. That happens AFTER you shoot the gun. By the time your body experiences recoil, your brainstem should be already blown to smithereens and you will be dead, as long as you don't aim in some stupid place like through your temple or under your chin.

Upvote 0
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
A firearm to the mouth will succeed at least 90% of the time. However, if you want to increase that to 99%, you should buy a gun of a high enough caliber and study where to aim it. I own a .44 magnum revolver, and when the time comes, I will aim it properly at the right angle to hit my brainstem. A .357 mag or a 9mm or higher semi-auto could almost certainly achieve the same effect, but I had enough money and I wanted to be as certain as possible about my future suicide.

BTW don't worry about recoil. That happens AFTER you shoot the gun. By the time your body experiences recoil, your brainstem should be already blown to smithereens and you will be dead, as long as you don't aim in some stupid place like through your temple or under your chin.
I guess that's what going into credit card debt is for, even if I can't really afford the gun, like worst case if I chicken out I can sell it?

Reactions: davidtorez
Upvote 0
LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023
I guess that's what going into credit card debt is for, even if I can't really afford the gun, like worst case if I chicken out I can sell it?
Probably you could sell it, but that depends on the gun sale laws in the place where you live. If you're that worried about debt, perhaps you should wait until you're 100% certain you want to end your life before you buy the gun.

Upvote 0
B

belowhorizon

Apr 4, 2024
Especially with something like a .357, I saw the Budd Dwyer video and it was like a blood fountain, crazy amount of blood pouring out.
I looked it up and yep, really messy. I just said I won't watch anymore gore videos and yet here I am back at it.

I also remember seeing Katie Stubblefield's viral videos on YouTube before. She was gorgeous! After the failed suicide she had to undergo a face transplant.

Upvote 0
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
I looked it up and yep, really messy. I just said I won't watch anymore gore videos and yet here I am back at it.

I also remember seeing Katie Stubblefield's viral videos on YouTube before. She was gorgeous! After the failed suicide she had to undergo a face transplant.
Yeah I saw her as well, her facial transformation progress pictures was scary and sad to see

Upvote 0
mayhem

mayhem

dysphoria. delusion. despair.
Feb 23, 2023
i just looked it up and that's just really tragic, really sad. i always used to dream of getting a gun and just blasting my brain off and that it would be a super easy, super quick way to die. now that im older im just realising it's way more complicated than that.

also i honestly don't know much about guns but i can imagine getting a more powerful gun (like a shotgun or something) would be more effective. but as ive said i dont know much about guns so it's probably more expensive and harder to get

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Demian

Demian

Mar 25, 2024
Yeah I saw her as well, her facial transformation progress pictures was scary and sad to see
This girl's case worries me too much.

Surviving a suicide attempt and being left with after-effects is frightening! That's what stops me from trying again. But at the same time I really don't wanna live.

I've tried phenobarbital and morphine with a dose that would kill a horse and I still survived, miraculously, without sequelae.

I'm too scared to try again.

There's a case of a guy who survived 13 grams of N, that scares me a lot.

Upvote 0
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
i just looked it up and that's just really tragic, really sad. i always used to dream of getting a gun and just blasting my brain off and that it would be a super easy, super quick way to die. now that im older im just realising it's way more complicated than that.

also i honestly don't know much about guns but i can imagine getting a more powerful gun (like a shotgun or something) would be more effective. but as i'said i dont know much about guns so it's probably more expensive and harder to get
Yeah I get that. She made several mistakes that I can get into if you'd like, but yeah, it's never not scary to think about
This girl's case worries me too much.

Surviving a suicide attempt and being left with after-effects is frightening! That's what stops me from trying again. But at the same time I really don't wanna live.

I've tried phenobarbital and morphine with a dose that would kill a horse and I still survived, miraculously, without sequelae.

I'm too scared to try again.

There's a case of a guy who survived 13 grams of N, that scares me a lot.
She did make mistakes (aiming under the chin and perpendicular to the nose, basically hitting no brain, as well as doing it at home with people there to call 911) but I get what you mean. I'd say it's still a good method so long as you know anatomy (where the brain, as well as its critical parts are) as well as different power guns. Bit I completely understand the fear

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mayhem

mayhem

Feb 23, 2023
Yeah I get that. She made several mistakes that I can get into if you'd like, but yeah, it's never not scary to think about
oh? this is the first time i've heard about her so i don't know anything about her case. what did she do wrong?

Upvote 0
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
oh? this is the first time i've heard about her so i don't know anything about her case. what did she do wrong?
She aimed under her chin, completely perpendicular to her nose. So basically she shot through her chin, nose, and some of her forehead. Because of the angle, the bullet barely even grazed the brain, she just shot her face off. If it was aimed directly back into her mouth (a complete different angle than what she did), I am certain she would have died. The bullet would've actually damaged her brain plus her airways. She also did it with her family home so they immediately called 911. I think if she did it with no one home there would be a good chance she'd bleed out, even though her angle was bad. Under the chin isn't always bad, BUT it needs to be angled toward the brain and be extremely powerful gun like a shotgun (see Ronnie McNutt if you're curious). But he was ex military so he knew what he was doing. I'd still recommend through mouth angled to brainstem for any gun ( gogole is really helpful for seeing where it actually is). The firearm megathread is also helpful. Anatomy knowledge + not using a low caliber gun is key to success.

So yeah, she just sadly had a lack of anatomy knowledge (understandable given her age) and I feel incredibly sad for her, she seems like a true sweetheart from the interviews I watched. She did not deserve this, but life can be cruel
Probably you could sell it, but that depends on the gun sale laws in the place where you live. If you're that worried about debt, perhaps you should wait until you're 100% certain you want to end your life before you buy the gun.
Yeah for sure, would definitely need to be as close to 100% certain as possible

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mayhem

mayhem

Feb 23, 2023
She aimed under her chin, completely perpendicular to her nose. So basically she shot through her chin, nose, and some of her forehead. Because of the angle, the bullet barely even grazed the brain, she just shot her face off. If it was aimed directly back into her mouth (a complete different angle than what she did), I am certain she would have died. The bullet would've actually damaged her brain plus her airways. She also did it with her family home so they immediately called 911. I think if she did it with no one home there would be a good chance she'd bleed out, even though her angle was bad. Under the chin isn't always bad, BUT it needs to be angled toward the brain and be extremely powerful gun like a shotgun (see Ronnie McNutt if you're curious). But he was ex military so he knew what he was doing. I'd still recommend through mouth angled to brainstem for any gun ( gogole is really helpful for seeing where it actually is). The firearm megathread is also helpful. Anatomy knowledge + not using a low caliber gun is key to success.

So yeah, she just sadly had a lack of anatomy knowledge (understandable given her age) and I feel incredibly sad for her, she seems like a true sweetheart from the interviews I watched. She did not deserve this, but life can be cruel
yeah that sounds horrible and very painful. i've watched the ronnie mcnutt video multiple times in the past but didn't know that he was ex military, that video was very sad to watch too. it's so depressing to hear about other people's struggles.

Upvote 1
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
If you aim right with a well-functioning gun, it's 99,9% certain that it would result in instant death. Guns are definitely the best option - there is just no comparison (besides maybe euthanasia).

Upvote 0
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
Is a .357 with a hollow point fired just above the ear pretty fail safe?
I think it's pretty good, but I'm not 100% sure since there's more skull to penetrate but I'm also not an expert. The firearm megathread talks about that position (in the first few pages) and it's definitely better than under chin or temple, but I'd recommend reading that since it's a bit tricker than mouth to get right

Upvote 0
thealteredmind

thealteredmind

Apr 2, 2024
I chose hanging but if I had to chose another method I would do a combination.
high dose of some drug (don't know which one) + shotgun + falling from tall building

Upvote 0
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
I chose hanging but if I had to chose another method I would do a combination.
high dose of some drug (don't know which one) + shotgun + falling from tall building
Yep, cannot see shotgun + falling from tall building going wrong, sounds like quite a foolproof method. I'm unsure if any drugs would even make a difference with both of those but why not

Upvote 0
J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
Wow, this is such a lively, and dark and gory discussion, all at the same time! But a valid question. I think the statistics are at least 83% survive gunshot attempts. But I don't have reasons for those that failed but I think we know a lot of it is aiming and caliber. I wouldn't try it with a .22! I personally know of two friends of friends who successfully killed themselves with a handgun. We all know of the famous celebrities: Hemingway, Van Gogh (slow septic death, don't do it in your stomach!), H. S. Thompson. And the newscaster (Christine Chubbuck) who did it live on the air, bullet to the back of the head - she did her research. Pardon the pun, but I think you get a lot of bang for the buck with this method - power, bloody mess, likely success, easy access (at least in the good old US of A). I personally wouldn't use this method because I don't want to traumatize the person that would find me. But the historical romance of it is intriguing.

As for the failure with N, I think the success rate of the Swiss associations that use it speak for themselves (Dignitas continues to exclusively use oral method; but they use IV if they're concerned about failure due to metabolic reasons). It remains my first choice.

Upvote 0
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
Wow, this is such a lively, and dark and gory discussion, all at the same time! But a valid question. I think the statistics are at least 83% survive gunshot attempts. But I don't have reasons for those that failed but I think we know a lot of it is aiming and caliber. I wouldn't try it with a .22! I personally know of two friends of friends who successfully killed themselves with a handgun. We all know of the famous celebrities: Hemingway, Van Gogh (slow septic death, don't do it in your stomach!), H. S. Thompson. And the newscaster (Christine Chubbuck) who did it live on the air, bullet to the back of the head - she did her research. Pardon the pun, but I think you get a lot of bang for the buck with this method - power, bloody mess, likely success, easy access (at least in the good old US of A). I personally wouldn't use this method because I don't want to traumatize the person that would find me. But the historical romance of it is intriguing.

As for the failure with N, I think the success rate of the Swiss associations that use it speak for themselves (Dignitas continues to exclusively use oral method; but they use IV if they're concerned about failure due to metabolic reasons). It remains my first choice.
83% is awfully low 😭 might have to look into that number. But yeah, N would be a dream. I would love to do exit bag but it's way too complicated and expensive, I'd know my dumbass would fuck something up with all that fancy regulator and gas pressure stuff. And SN feels complicated to get in the US, don't want to risk black market because again, my dumbass would mess that up as well. I feel like a gun is simple (as long and you know anatomy and do it in as much of a secluded area as possible). My plan was maybe to rent Airbnb in some rural cabin and then shoot myself somewhere in the woods, I need to see though
how big is a brain stem again?
It's three inches long, not sure how wide it is but it's pretty narrow

Last edited:
Reactions: Forveleth
Upvote 0
LXXCH

LXXCH

angelmaker
Apr 3, 2024
I agree, even tho nothing is 100% guaranteed in life the blood loss/suffocation (if you don't die to the gun shot itself) will kill you and especially if you did it in a remote place where no one is going to be calling for help

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Upvote 1
I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021

I've never admitted this to anyone before, but I've craved this exact method ever since I was 13 years old.. 2 decades ago. Even though I've entertained and researched other methods, this is the one. Idk how or why, but a gunshot through my mouth has been something my body feels like it's inevitable for me. I know this doesn't help you. But thank you for posting about it. I'm sorry you're in so much pain and suffering😔

Upvote 0
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
I've never admitted this to anyone before, but I've craved this exact method ever since I was 13 years old.. 2 decades ago. Even though I've entertained and researched other methods, this is the one. Idk how or why, but a gunshot through my mouth has been something my body feels like it's inevitable for me. I know this doesn't help you. But thank you for posting about it. I'm sorry you're in so much pain and suffering😔
I feel the exact same way about this method, it just speaks to me I don't know why. I feel like it's not an if, it's a when at this point. I'm also sorry you're suffering, 2 decades is a long time to be in this much pain. May I ask why you haven't gone through with it (sorry if it's personal, just wondering if it's fear)

Upvote 0
J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
83% is awfully low 😭 might have to look into that number. But yeah, N would be a dream. I would love to do exit bag but it's way too complicated and expensive, I'd know my dumbass would fuck something up with all that fancy regulator and gas pressure stuff. And SN feels complicated to get in the US, don't want to risk black market because again, my dumbass would mess that up as well. I feel like a gun is simple (as long and you know anatomy and do it in as much of a secluded area as possible). My plan was maybe to rent Airbnb in some rural cabin and then shoot myself somewhere in the woods, I need to see though

It's three inches long, not sure how wide it is but it's pretty narrow
Sorry, I meant to say 83% SUCCESS rate . 🤦

Overall, successful suicides vs attempts are in the very low percentages so it's actually a very good method overall in that respect. Just a bit grizzly for my tastes.

Upvote 1
mayhem

mayhem

Feb 23, 2023
woah same here... except i was always planning to shoot myself in the head while standing on the edge of a cliff or something so that if i were to survive the gunshot, i would most certainly die from falling. i used to plan this in my early teens also.

Upvote 1