Partisan

Partisan

Aug 20, 2023
I don't want to exist at all. I can't comprehend it but it's comforting to think about there being nothing after death. Every moment of being alive is suffering. I hate consciousness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WaffleWoman, apearl, candying and 20 others
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
Ik how you feel but I wish there was a heaven where we could finally have the lives we've wanted. I want to die but I always want to feel happy even though I don't know how happiness feels. The thought of nothing after death makes me sad in some way like I only existed to feel pain and that's it? if you get me

• Love
Reactions: MelancholicMundane, Ruma, candying and 4 others
A

alterationitfinds

Sep 21, 2023
i think there's only something after you die if you want there to be. if you don't believe in god and aren't religious then i would likely think that at the end of it all you will receive whatever 'nothing' means. the idea of heaven is meant to be a comfort, if it's not a comfort then i see no reason to consider it as an option

fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
i find it interesting when people say this- because its the exact opposite for me. the only thing holding me back is this fear of nothingness after death. i get panicked just thinking about it. ive slowly been trying to accept that it doesnt matter anyway, that no matter what comes after death we will all die someday- wether on our own terms or not- but its still scary, and saddening. saddening to know that i was given this shit existence, this disgusting body and face- born to suffer and then die, with nothing but a dark void for eternity. not even happiness in death. just nothing.

bu then- even if there were a heaven, i wouldnt want to exist for eternity as myself either.

Reactions: candying and cscott
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Most likely, there isn't.
But on the other hand, we are here now, so we must have come from somewhere?
What if we are trapped in an eternal cycle of life and death? After all, even Einstein said that energy cannot be created or destroyed in the universe as it is now, only converted.
And what is our consciousness if not energy? The product of the work of our brain.
Hope this helped. Probably didn't.
BUT, truth is there is no answer, so nobody knows. Sleep tight.

• Informative
Reactions: MelancholicMundane, Ruma, regal20 and 2 others
imsocold

imsocold

fever dream@_@
Oct 2, 2023
i find it interesting when people say this- because its the exact opposite for me. the only thing holding me back is this fear of nothingness after death. i get panicked just thinking about it. ive slowly been trying to accept that it doesnt matter anyway, that no matter what comes after death we will all die someday- wether on our own terms or not- but its still scary, and saddening. saddening to know that i was given this shit existence, this disgusting body and face- born to suffer and then die, with nothing but a dark void for eternity. not even happiness in death. just nothing.

bu then- even if there were a heaven, i wouldnt want to exist for eternity as myself either.
I kind of wanted to write a response saying that I agree but I panicked a little and got confused in my thoughts...
I reassure myself that it will be like a long dream. But death is tragic

Reactions: fishlover
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
Thinking that there is nothing after death is so reassuring for me. Knowing that i could finally be in peace do realy motivate me even more to do it

Reactions: Meteora, cscott, girlwithflaxenhair0 and 1 other person
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Give these an honest shot: 🙏💚

Reactions: sserafim and LittleBlackCat
TheSource

TheSource

From the Divine we came, to the Divine we return.
Sep 25, 2023
Ik how you feel but I wish there was a heaven where we could finally have the lives we've wanted. I want to die but I always want to feel happy even though I don't know how happiness feels. The thought of nothing after death makes me sad in some way like I only existed to feel pain and that's it? if you get me
I'd recommend looking up Near-Death Experience stories. They may provide you the comfort that you need.

• Love
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, Sunoo and sserafim
O

ollo

Jul 4, 2021
I don't want to exist at all. I can't comprehend it but it's comforting to think about there being nothing after death. Every moment of being alive is suffering. I hate consciousness.
Not sure if it's nothing. Some religions say rebirth is inevitable and type of birth is evaluated on previous life actions and good deeds..

Reactions: sserafim and Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I think it is either reincarnation or nothing. I definitly dont believe in the concept of heaven and hell.
The theory of reincarnation confronts me with the question why my current life is so full of pain, struggle and suffering with seemingly no mercy. I havent found an answer so far. Might have been a predator in my past life.

Reactions: sserafim
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Same. I don't want to be stuck in permanent reincarnation hell without even knowing what is out there.

What scares me more than death is still how much we don't know. Just thinking about universe sends a shiver down my spine.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel the same way, I only want nothingness for all eternity, I see it as the most terrible curse having the ability to exist as a conscious being trapped in a decaying flesh prison, it's just unnecessary and it's something that just causes harm. The thought of not existing comforts me so much as it means that existence won't be my problem anymore, I won't have to deal with it and after all one cannot suffer from not existing, only the permanent absence of all suffering is perfection.

Reactions: MelancholyGirl
Alexandra0

Alexandra0

Don't be afraid of death
Sep 30, 2023
There will definitely be nothing after death. Non-existence as before birth. We come from the void and return to the void

Reactions: MelancholicMundane, fishlover and pthnrdnojvsc
M

Mrpickles

Sep 29, 2023
Obviously, nobody knows or had any proof. If some form of afterlife exists: Time & space are just the user interface to this "realm?" I can't imagine it's anything a human brain who only knows space and time can comprehend. NDE stories, while some made up I'm sure, all seem to have a common theme of feeling very pleasant. Either way, not something that can be controlled. I'll take whatever I get, not like I'm the first person who has to experience it :)

Reactions: MelancholicMundane and sserafim
regal20

regal20

Sep 19, 2022
Obviously, nobody knows or had any proof. If some form of afterlife exists: Time & space are just the user interface to this "realm?" I can't imagine it's anything a human brain who only knows space and time can comprehend. NDE stories, while some made up I'm sure, all seem to have a common theme of feeling very pleasant. Either way, not something that can be controlled. I'll take whatever I get, not like I'm the first person who has to experience it :)
Every aspect of our lives is cyclical, starting with breathing. Would birth and death be an exception?

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think it is either reincarnation or nothing. I definitly dont believe in the concept of heaven and hell.
The theory of reincarnation confronts me with the question why my current life is so full of pain, struggle and suffering with seemingly no mercy. I havent found an answer so far. Might have been a predator in my past life.
Same! I wonder why I had to be born neurodivergent (Asperger's/autism and ADHD), and endure so many struggles and hardships in life. My neurodivergence is the main cause and source of my troubles, and I wonder why I had to be like this. Some believe that this is due to past life karma and I really want to figure out who I was in my past life to get this miserable and hard current life.

Reactions: MelancholicMundane and Meteora
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
I hope death is similar to sleeping just close your eyes and gone although at the same time the thought of non existence is also something I like

This is a pretty good video on that feeling. I don't agree with everything said in it but it definitely outlines the feeling

E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
The process of death is what scares me the most, I see recently saw two old people suffering for months before their end came, this human body is both fragile and extremely resistant.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yes after death is absolute nothing forever, non-existence forever. A human just ceases to exist

Consciousness is created only by the brain 🧠.

And that's what I want to not exist