M

Maplethemorbid

Jul 8, 2023
It's almost perfectly symbolic, the little thing was just living it's own life, it didn't hurt anyone, it was just trying to enjoy the rain. Then some asshole trying to get somewhere fast runs it over without a thought in the world, it's now in my room with a hole it's stomach that probably won't heal being taken care of to the best of my ability till it passes somewhere quiet.

Humanity fucking sucks.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, SSamGarrison and 12 others
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
"trying to get somewhere fast" so it's an accident, why so dramatic about it?

Reactions: SSamGarrison, Rapière and Ashu
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There is no safety from experiencing much worse suffering at any moment which is why I believe that it's a curse to exist under any circumstances, existence is just so harmful.

Reactions: nolifezzz
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
It's almost perfectly symbolic, the little thing was just living it's own life, it didn't hurt anyone, it was just trying to enjoy the rain. Then some asshole trying to get somewhere fast runs it over without a thought in the world, it's now in my room with a hole it's stomach that probably won't heal being taken care of to the best of my ability till it passes somewhere quiet.

Humanity fucking sucks.
You have much love for non-human life. Dunno if it'll survive, but hopefully it's last moments will at least be peaceful.

Non-humans ought to be respected too, I think.

In their careless negligence, humans can be such a scourge on the world. If we're not a part of that food web, it really shouldn't be our place to take away from it or mess with it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, lack, ghostkid and 2 others
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Whenever a creature dies in a terrible way, whether human or animal, I wonder about its life, for whatever reason.
To use a human as an example, one could live a perfectly great life, help plenty of people, be loved by everyone around them, only to then get hit by a car and die in agony in the middle of the street.
I wonder what the salamander lived.

• Hugs
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, ghostkid and Kerrtu
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Whenever a creature dies in a terrible way, whether human or animal, I wonder about its life, for whatever reason.
To use a human as an example, one could live a perfectly great life, help plenty of people, be loved by everyone around them, only to then get hit by a car and die in agony in the middle of the street.
I wonder what the salamander lived.

We had a small funeral for a praying mantis once; we used a popsicle stick as a grave marker to write his name and the date.

When I was growing up, whenever an animal (usually a squirrel) would get hit by a car or UPS, etc., our mother had a shovel she used to relocate their bodies to the backyard and give them a proper burial.

One of the more vivid and disturbing events happened one especially rainy night when someone abandoned their emaciated black poodle on our front stairs. The poor dog was shaking and soaked, and was left tied to the railing. Because we had dogs, our parents (mainly my mother) were afraid if the poodle was sick, which it looked very much so - and also it looked abused - that possible virus would spread spread to our other dogs.

I will not forget that poodle. I still remember him being eventually picked up by animal control - likely was euthanized. He was shaking so much and his eyes - we offered him food but he wouldn't/couldn't eat.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: thebookofdisquiet., ChronicallyCynical, ghostkid and 2 others
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Is it possible to take the salamander to a vet or wildlife rehab? There should also be somewhere that has free online services for people asking about sick animals. If it's not recovering at all it might be better to kill it to reduce its suffering. Either way I'm glad you chose to care for it and I hope the little guy recovers.

• Love
Reactions: sakura_, ChronicallyCynical, Kerrtu and 1 other person
Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Scythe, sakura_, ChronicallyCynical and 2 others
M

Maplethemorbid

Jul 8, 2023
He appears to have passed in the night, I'll be burying him when I get off work and it's darker out.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Larysa, ChronicallyCynical, thebookofdisquiet. and 1 other person
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I could just hug you!!! What a wonderful, caring human being you are. Thank you for giving me a nudge and reminding me that there are decent people in the world.
I could just hug you!!! What a wonderful, caring human being you are. Thank you for giving me a nudge and reminding me that there are decent people in the world.

• Love
Reactions: Kerrtu, sakura_ and ChronicallyCynical
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
"trying to get somewhere fast" so it's an accident, why so dramatic about it?
I think OP's point is that it's tragic we live in a world where innocent creatures are subjected to pain, intentionally or not

• Love
Reactions: Larysa and ChronicallyCynical
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
He appears to have passed in the night, I'll be burying him when I get off work and it's darker out.
Rest in peace little salamander.

I'm sure you did all you could, Maple. Thanks for showing the poor fella a little kindness before he passed on.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kerrtu and sakura_
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
I think OP's point is that it's tragic we live in a world where innocent creatures are subjected to pain, intentionally or not
everyone is subjected to pain, it's nothing new.

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
everyone is subjected to pain, it's nothing new.

You think that's news to anyone on here?

One massive issue for many of us is that our concerns and feelings have been dismissed and undermined since early childhood.

Don't perpetuate that, mate.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dorito and ChronicallyCynical
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
This is another reason why I hate humanity. People are so cruel (and for no good reason). Humanity just destroys things without a care (like the poor salmander) and results in destruction (look at how we're destroying the planet). We think we're so high and mighty but we're just specks of dust in an infinite universe. We're just the remnants of stars which have faded away a long time ago, yet we act like we are gods

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical