N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Companies and governments make flimsy excuses to decrease the anonymity on the internet. The developments in the last years are in my opinion dangerous. The NSA scandal is the new normal. I really think there is way more of that stuff happening secretly. I think the anonymity and freedom on the internt is essential. It is an important value to express emotions/problems without being traced. On the internet you can talk about very stigmatized or embarassing issues.
Smartphone companies want to scan the whole private pictures of a person to find crimes. That is insane. We lose all of our privacy more and more.
In my country they want to block Telegram for the whole country because anti-vax people would do crimes in this messenger.
I am in favor of a lot covid measurements. I am far far away of being anti-vax. But I don't like the blocking of Telegram. It is authoritarian wanting to surveil all citizens. There are also peaceful people on telegram probably the majority of this messenger does not commit crimes.
There are some very intelligent people out there who are in favor of net neutrality and things like that. I am not an expert about it. Though I am convinced the freedom on the internet is very important. (But of course there are still some exceptions.)

Reactions: MorsVoluntaria, demuic, cyanol and 2 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Heheh, you will soon realize how "anti-vax" and "conspiracy theorists" were largely on point with their criticisms and theories about modern society.

"They" want (and they will) destroy any kind of individual freedom for the peasant class, and that certainly includes complete censorship and open lack of anonymity (while now you have not-publicly-declared lack of anonymity, as we are all being tracked and databased infallibly). The covid crisis is just their most succesfull social engineering program to date, and as you have noticed, it won't stop here.

Accept the vaccine passport and say goodbye to your peculiar fondness for free discussion and liberty in general.