• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

restless.dreams

restless.dreams

inactive (see my profile)
Feb 7, 2024
Academics used to be the one thing I could do right. I was a high achiever in high school and college. Now I'm easily the worst student in my program. I can't focus, can't stay motivated, can't put in the work. No matter what I do, it's never good enough. I know my advisor thinks I just need to tough it out, and if I can't do this, I must not be "passionate" enough. Well, maybe he's right. I'm letting everyone down, and leeching money and resources that could go to someone more deserving. I know I should just drop out, but then everyone will know I'm a failure.

The really sad part is, this was supposed to be my dream. Getting into grad school was the one thing that kept me going after my last CTB attempt.

Now I have nothing, and it's all my fault.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Shrike and LetMeBeSad
DrPepper709

DrPepper709

Feb 5, 2024
I used to be one of those gifted kids, but now I am too burned out to care about school and get mediocre grades. It completely sucks when we're trained to put mental health, work life balance, and general happiness below achieving high grades, and then when we burn out, no one has a clue how to help except tell you to just keep pushing on, and that you're not trying hard enough.

I can only imagine how rough it is when you're in grad school while suicidal, pretending not to be suicidal and watching everyone else do better than you because they're actually happy with their lives. It sounds exhausting.

• Hugs
Reactions: restless.dreams