• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
hoping for my suffering to have had "purpose" somehow
hoping for a God to magically make everything ok eventually
I don't think God exists

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread, waterworks, oohiniyorafaad and 5 others
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
You seem to make a lot of posts about atheism and the fear of that ideology being the correct one. I feel the exact same. I want to believe in something, and maybe I wouldn't say I believe in nothing, as in nonexistence, but I don't really believe in any one school of thought. Are you more hung up about whether or not there is a god, or whether or not there is an afterlife? Does it ever feel invalidating for people to talk about the peacefulness of nonexistence and all that so frequently on here? It certainly isn't a comforting thought to me at least.

One of the most discomforting things in life is not knowing the answer, of where everyone goes and whatnot. We can make the most educated, reasonable and well thought-out guesses, but we can't ever really know it until we're there. Death anxiety/religious uncertainty are some of the hardest problems to tackle because there really is no easy answer. As cliche as it is, know you aren't alone in this discomfort. It's probably really important to emphasize in a place like this where everyone seems to delight in the idea of a godless universe.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby, wildflowers1996 and derpyderpins
waterworks

waterworks

in the luminous darkness
Jan 31, 2024
Just curious, why do you want it to have purpose? Is the thought of purpose more bearable? I wonder sometimes, do we want purpose in order to absolve ourselves of the feelings of guilt or shame for the lives we've lived. If there is purpose, then it was out of our hands and meant to be.

• Love
Reactions: wildflowers1996
S

souleater

Jul 2, 2024
I've been trying to rationalize my reasons. Part of me says it's for the good of everyone. Part of me says it's selfish. If there is an afterlife, I'd want it to be peaceful.