D

dimaxim

Oct 22, 2023
Last year, august 2022 my dog died. It was so heartbreaking, she was 5 and got cancer. I was in an extremely abusive relationship and away from home, in another country. The worst part is i was at a music festival, and my mother only told me after it (like a week after her death?). Her reasoning was "didnt want to ruin your festival time". I would've gone back home in a heartbeat, im poor but i dont care if the plane tickets would've cost me 600€, money doesnt matter. I couldn't be with my baby for her last moments. And i seriously hate my mother for not letting me be there, she even told me how much my dog cried and howled. Thats heartbreaking. I almost committed right there n then. I did end up trying after a couple months but well, unsuccessful.
She was a part of my life since i was 11. She was my everything. My support and best friend, family. She was honestly all i had, i didnt have any friends and my family, i cant even call them that. I had so many dreams planned ahead like when i move away from home to study i would take her with me, when i graduate she'll be there, when i get my first relationship she'd be there when i get married and all those milestones in life, experience them with her by my side.
She was a sheltie. A small fluffy creature. Her button eyes and little paws that would hop on my footprints in the deep snow. Her fluffy coat i loved to cuddle. She was such an amazing dog, she was loyal and protective, if one of the other dogs ran out she would come and make sure i knew and would show me which way they went. She would protect me if one of my 'family' members would hit me. Every night she would hop in my bed and cuddle. She'd sometimes come lie against my back with her head in between my shoulder and head. She loved to give kisses and was just such a happy dog. Whenever i would come home i would see her so excited and full of energy, just because i was away for school. We would go on walks and i trained her to move around when I'd cycle. She knew tricks and was so smart.
I honestly hate my mother. When i was a kid she used to threaten me with taking her away, she once told me that i wont see her until i learn to 'behave', in reality she put her in the freezing garage for days. I cried nonstop begging her everyday to bring her back. The last moments i wouldve had with her were taken away, just so i could have some fun? I seriously hate this world. She didnt have to die in such a painful way. My mom didn't go to the vet to put her down so at least she wouldnt spend her last couple days crying from the pain. I could've been there for her.
I have nothing, absolutely nothing but some pictures of her. I have this silly tradition if one of the pets dies i cut a nail and keep it in a little kinder egg thing, i still have them for over 7 years.
I just hope she's in good place and i know shes still guiding me.

When I was a kid, i promised I'll die when she dies. I guess I did, just not physically. I'm empty. This probably doesn't make sense but im too tired at this point, nothing matters.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-30-06-13-04-95_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-30-06-13-04-95_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 0
  • VID_440860901_103310_496.mp4
    10.4 MB
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: bungalow13, just_wanna_die, blacktrain98 and 6 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I get it.
Sven.

• Love
Reactions: dimaxim and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
That is just so sad and I am sorry that she died - especially such a painful death. Clearly you both had so much love for each other and it is heartbreaking that you are not together. What do you think she will want for you?

Reactions: dimaxim
D

dimaxim

Oct 22, 2023
That is just so sad and I am sorry that she died - especially such a painful death. Clearly you both had so much love for each other and it is heartbreaking that you are not together. What do you think she will want for you?
Thank you
She probably wanted me to break up with my abusive ex (which i thank god finally was able to) since she absolutely hated him haha and get on with life, but my mental struggles fucked up my plans lol.

Reactions: blacktrain98 and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
She would have been proud of you and happy for you that you broke up with an abusive ex and Well Done for doing that! It takes courage to escape from an abusive person and sadly lots of people.dont quite manage to do that. And you did that whilst living with the trauma of losing someone you clearly loved so much. I don't always know if life's battles always makes us stronger - though given time and support, we might become more resilient. Perhaps you would consider giving life a fair go starting with love and self care towards yourself - especially given that is what she would want..,

Yesterday I was listening to a speech delivered by Natasha Saunders (Google her name connecting to domestic abuse survivor) - I found her to be extremely inspirational and certainly learnt a lot from her. See what you think..,

I hope life works out for you and am around for chat if you would like to do so.

Take care.

• Love
D

dimaxim

Oct 22, 2023
She would have been proud of you and happy for you that you broke up with an abusive ex and Well Done for doing that! It takes courage to escape from an abusive person and sadly lots of people.dont quite manage to do that. And you did that whilst living with the trauma of losing someone you clearly loved so much. I don't always know if life's battles always makes us stronger - though given time and support, we might become more resilient. Perhaps you would consider giving life a fair go starting with love and self care towards yourself - especially given that is what she would want..,

Yesterday I was listening to a speech delivered by Natasha Saunders (Google her name connecting to domestic abuse survivor) - I found her to be extremely inspirational and certainly learnt a lot from her. See what you think..,

I hope life works out for you and am around for chat if you would like to do so.

Take care.
đź’•
Ill go check her out. Its just so much trauma that i literally have nightmares of it everyday and i live in constant fear of him appearing somewhere. Local mental health services dont give a ****. Thanks tho :)

Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
đź’•
Ill go check her out. Its just so much trauma that i literally have nightmares of it everyday and i live in constant fear of him appearing somewhere. Local mental health services dont give a ****. Thanks tho :)
Please do check her out and you might consider reaching out to her.., I am also happy to chat.

If you are in the UK, I might be able to send you some places (mainly charities as well as statutory bodies) that you might want to consider reaching out to. I often find that charities do a good job in supporting those of us who have been traumatised due to the horrors we are subjected to by others.

blacktrain98

blacktrain98

suicide raaaah
Sep 11, 2020
If you would like to talk about some more, my DMs are open. I got a cat during the pandemic and she saved my life. We had an uncanny bond that I haven't found in any animal ever. She was hit by a car and left for dead after her 2nd birthday. She was my baby girl, it's been a year, and I can't move past it. I put all of my future into her, and she died such a painful death so young. I miss her so much it feel like I need to break my skull whenever I think about her little body, stiff and bloody. Something inside me is dead as well.