U

umbrellaphone

Nov 24, 2020
My uncle has a store specializing in drugs and chemical products. He mainly focuses on wholesale, although every now and then he receives retail/individual orders. Just recently he got two separate orders from foreign countries asking to buy SN (one order asked for 1 bottle, the other 2 bottles). He explained the shipping costs would easily cause the total prices to double, and advised them to source locally. But they insisted it was all right, they were willing to pay. Furthermore, they also asked to 'conceal' the packages so they couldn't be immediately recognized as SN. Noticing something amiss, my uncle asked for my opinion. He was wary the substance would be misused to concoct illegal drugs. It was when I got careless. I told him if the buyers sounded desperate, there was a good chance they'd use it to ctb. Because of that, he ultimately decided to cancel the orders.

I felt really bad after that. It was like I betrayed those in the same boat as me. So when my uncle asked further questions about what other substances might be used to ctb, I chose to keep my mouth shut. In actuality though, there's indeed a lot of stuff he sells which can readily be used to ctb or has potential to produce lethal compounds such as SN, azide, phenobarbital (not pento), barbituric acid. I can't help wondering if I've made the right call.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: us_1999, it's_all_a_game, Wrennie and 6 others
J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
It sounds to me like you did what you thought was right at the time to help and maybe protect your uncle. There is nothing wrong with looking out for family especially when they ask for your help.

Reactions: Sensei, Wrennie, GoodPersonEffed and 3 others
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
My uncle has a store specializing in drugs and chemical products. He mainly focuses on wholesale, although every now and then he receives retail/individual orders. Just recently he got two separate orders from foreign countries asking to buy SN (one order asked for 1 bottle, the other 2 bottles). He explained the shipping costs would easily cause the total prices to double, and advised them to source locally. But they insisted it was all right, they were willing to pay. Furthermore, they also asked to 'conceal' the packages so they couldn't be immediately recognized as SN. Noticing something amiss, my uncle asked for my opinion. He was wary the substance would be misused to concoct illegal drugs. It was when I got careless. I told him if the buyers sounded desperate, there was a good chance they'd use it to ctb. Because of that, he ultimately decided to cancel the orders.

I felt really bad after that. It was like I betrayed those in the same boat as me. So when my uncle asked further questions about what other substances might be used to ctb, I chose to keep my mouth shut. In actuality though, there's indeed a lot of stuff he sells which can readily be used to ctb or has potential to produce lethal compounds such as SN, azide, phenobarbital (not pento), barbituric acid. I can't help wondering if I've made the right call.
Suicide is a very complicated thing. It's only natural to try and save someone's life. Even though you maybe having thoughts of ending your own. I'm here and it actually saddens me everytime some of the people I've come to love on here dies. It makes me feel selfish, like I'm the only who deserves such a fate. I even spend a good portion of my time talking people down. But at the end of the day suicidal or not I'm still just human.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nightwillalwayswin, wordsonscreen and Wrennie
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
You should look out for your uncle. I can understand why you feel bad but you shouldn't. You wouldn't want someone in your family feeling responsible for peoples deaths

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Suicide is a very complicated thing. It's only natural to try and save someone's life. Even though you maybe having thoughts of ending your own. I'm here and it actually saddens me everytime some of the people I've come to love on here dies. It makes me feel selfish, like I'm the only who deserves such a fate. I even spend a good portion of my time talking people down. But at the end of the day suicidal or not I'm still just human.
exactly. death is complex and not easy

• Hugs
Reactions: Sapphodivine and Antigonish
S

Sapphodivine

Jan 29, 2021
Yes I've talked a few people down, ironic considering every day involves thoughts of me gone.

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens and wordsonscreen