• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
I feel genuinely helpless. My current living situation makes it really hard for me to work and save up to find a new place to live, and even if it didn't, my physical and mental health is so poor I can't even handle working 20 hours a week. My current hope is to find someone to take care of my financial needs, but in the event that doesn't work, I figure I should probably see if I have any other options before giving up.

I currently live with my mom, which is not good for me. My town is more hostile that I would like. I have no close friends, no community outside of here. No marketable skills except construction work (which I REALLY can't handle anymore). I'm broke as hell. Bad physical and mental health. I really struggle trying to access healthcare services and government assistance. My brain is constantly on fire. Like.. rock bottom I think? Also for context I live in USA.

So basically I'm looking for advice for both feeling hopeless, but also if there's anything I can do if I am truly hopeless. Feel free to ask any questions.

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
I don't have anywhere else to go at the moment, and don't have any money :c So I'm stuck here until I can improve things a bit.
I hope things get better for you. Try to change some things in your routine don't you have savings?

Reactions: trashprincess
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
If it really is true that you have no marketable skills and no money, then you don't have many options. I hesitate to suggest this, but have you considered sex work? Done properly, it is possible to make a good living that way. I'm thinking of the girls who work independently, i.e. no pimp, for the higher end of the market, from their own place. For that you would need at least reasonable looks, but far more important is having. or being willing to develop, good people skills. You would have to move out of your mother's house, and probably out of your present town, but it sounds as though it would be a good idea to do both of those anyway. But, whatever new trajectory you choose, you do need to get some cash to give yourself the independence to get started. Could you use construction work for a fairly short period to build up some savings?

Reactions: trashprincess
trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
I hope things get better for you. Try to change some things in your routine don't you have savings?
šŸ˜… Savings? Nope! I don't even have any possessions I can sell.
If it really is true that you have no marketable skills and no money, then you don't have many options. I hesitate to suggest this, but have you considered sex work? Done properly, it is possible to make a good living that way. I'm thinking of the girls who work independently, i.e. no pimp, for the higher end of the market, from their own place. For that you would need at least reasonable looks, but far more important is having. or being willing to develop, good people skills. You would have to move out of your mother's house, and probably out of your present town, but it sounds as though it would be a good idea to do both of those anyway. But, whatever new trajectory you choose, you do need to get some cash to give yourself the independence to get started. Could you use construction work for a fairly short period to build up some savings?
I have! Between being transgender, disabled, and my trauma, it's kind of where I figured I'd end up. I just don't have the slightest idea how to get involved with anything like that, and have very little relevant experience.

Not reliably. At this point I get offered some construction work every now and then, but at the moment I don't really have anything available. I also work at a thrift store once a month. Because of my health I haven't been able to handle normal jobs, so I basically live off of "side work", I just never have enough of it.

I guess for now I'll re-explore employment options in the nearby towns and see if I can find anything I can handle right now.