• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Lastdays

Lastdays

Not so clever girl
Jun 8, 2018
I took a ton of Klonopin and Trazodone and knocked myself out for two days (did this Wednesday night but woke up noon today - still groggy as hell - with the bag torn from my head).

No more pills. No access to guns. Gas is a pain on the ass to plan for. No place in my apparentl afternoon enough to hang.

I'm gonna jump I saw someone on here describe a bridge over a rocky gorge. Dumb question, but how can I find a tall bridge not over water that isn't monitored? I just want to run and fly.

Thank you.

Lastdays

Lastdays

Not so clever girl
Jun 8, 2018
That should read "No place in my apartment strong enough to hang."

Reactions: dano6533
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Can you not get Nembutal? Or sodium nitrite even... It's hard to recommend a jumping area when we have no idea where you live. Niagara Falls and Golden Gate Bridge seem good though.

Lastdays

Lastdays

Not so clever girl
Jun 8, 2018
Thanks for your answer.

Sorry, I'm in New England. Nembutal isn't an option (nearly impossible to get via rx). I do have masive amounts of Adderall but that doesn't seem to be helpful based on my research.

I'm willing to road trip. I have a time limit before people come looking for me. I can't take the time for waiting for a shotgun or putting together a nitrogen gadget without help. No I'm not going to jail. But I have family stuff coming up and I can't get out of it without setting off alarm bells.

I need to get this done and quick. I'm so so so tired and done. Very done.

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
A regular door should be strong enough to hang yourself for a partial suspension.

Any bridge that is at least 7' above the ground would work for full suspension (unless you are taller than 7'). Greater than 13' and you could even do a long drop. We have a lot of bridges around my place that don't have many people around, especially at night. Plus, your hanging under the bridge, so cars passing above you aren't going to see you. Drop after sunset and I'd bet ypthe earliest you'd be found is sunrise.

Lastdays

Lastdays

Not so clever girl
Jun 8, 2018
I think I'm afraid of the rope? Plus I get confused about knot placement. I found some bridges in Maine that might work for a straight jumpoff. They haven't spent the money on fences for jumpers. Just have to find the right time. I wish I lived near open spaces...

Reactions: dano6533
L

Lotharius

Mar 20, 2018
A regular door should be strong enough to hang yourself for a partial suspension.

Any bridge that is at least 7' above the ground would work for full suspension (unless you are taller than 7'). Greater than 13' and you could even do a long drop. We have a lot of bridges around my place that don't have many people around, especially at night. Plus, your hanging under the bridge, so cars passing above you aren't going to see you. Drop after sunset and I'd bet ypthe earliest you'd be found is sunrise.

This is some of the best advice you'll get given your restrictions. If it wasn't gunshot or N, it would be a long drop for me. Even if you are afraid of the method, it is one of the best you have. You just truly need to want it, the info is there.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Isn't the long drop method complicated to calculate? I mean, you're trying to break your neck so you die instantly, right?

Lastdays

Lastdays

Not so clever girl
Jun 8, 2018
I was hoping to just jump off a tall bridge minus rope. Maybe I don't fully understand the terminology? Short drop is feet touching, long drop is feet not touching, but both involve rope, right?

I will look again at long drop, I trust y'all. Still unsure of knot placement though.

2 days later and I'm still feeling pretty drugged from first attempt. Maybe not thinking clearly. I want to do this, but I ought not to be fuzzy about plans. Thank you.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
You're definition is probably right, I don't know much about hanging methods.

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
Short drop is like standing on a chair and stepping off. Long drop is calculating a fall of an exact length, something like 5 or 6 feet, to break your neck but hopefully not decapitate you. This is incredibly hard to calculate and pull off. The rope has to be boiled and made a certain way to remove the stretch from it. Long drop is an engineering project, for sure.

Reactions: El Topo and anna
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Short drop is like standing on a chair and stepping off. Long drop is calculating a fall of an exact length, something like 5 or 6 feet, to break your neck but hopefully not decapitate you. This is incredibly hard to calculate and pull off. The rope has to be boiled and made a certain way to remove the stretch from it. Long drop is an engineering project, for sure.

It's extremely difficult to do a long drop by yourself. They were used back when hanging was a common form of execution. The hangman would use your height and weight to calculate the correct length of rope. That's why people would pay the hangman, to make sure that he did a good job.

Reactions: NoDream
F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
I don't think one should over complicate the long drop.

If you err on the side of the rope being too short, you end up with a very effective regular suspension hanging. Many people are fine with this and seems to work effectively as long as you aren't found too soon (hour or two).

If you calculate a little too long, you still break your neck and have a quick, painless death. There will be more external bruising on your lifeless body, but why do you care?

If you calculate a lot too long, it's a decapitation. Quick and painless for you albeit messy for whoever finds your body.

All in all, I think more positives than negatives compared to partial suspension or full suspension (short drop.)

Lastdays

Lastdays

Not so clever girl
Jun 8, 2018
But you can just walk off a tall bridge 140 feet and pretty much almost always die, right? Or do I really need to do math and a rope and wait until wee hours of the morning? I just want to get this done and I'm so angry I screwed up my first attempt.i do appreciate all the expertise here, I'm sorry for being crabby.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
If you have a bridge that high, a 30' long drop with rope = 100% chance of success, you'll separate your head from your body. Just jumping = 99% chance of success.

Strong rope, 2 good knots and you have your guarantee.