• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Lilla

Mar 21, 2024
I would like to live and just be happy but the problem is that nobody loves me. I am an adult now and I have no support from my family, my mom doesn't like me, whenever I try talking to her she showes no enthusiasmat at all or criticizes me. I think she dislikes me and I have to accept it will never change .
I have friends and I meet them and talk to them, but these are still only friends, they don't love me.
I never received any guidance in life by my parents and I made so many mistakes in life. For example I didn't save money for a flat, didn't learn how to cook healthy food until late, never went to a dentist and now I have teeth problems.

I know that if only someone loved me, if I had someone truly caring about me then I wouldn't be depressed. But the reality is that I don't.
How can I still be happy in this situation ? And how can I forgive myself past mistakes and accept it? Is it too late to be happy?

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
For example, have you thought about the existence of god? I have myself approached it through art.

3574286 Miguel Ruiz Quote God the supreme artist uses our life for the

I'm an artist and I love my job. If you are interested in it, I recommend to read "The artist's way" by Julia Cameron.

Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
I'm in the same situation in regards to relationships. Whenever I turn to my immediate environment, my family or my friends, they're all either self-sufficient, emotionally closed-off, or just doing their own thing. When I try to enter any sort of friend circle, there's a lot of superficiality that floats about and I eventually grow tired of trying to tolerate people who can't seem to appreciate people for who they are. The problem with starting from rock bottom in terms of finding good people is that you really have nothing to cling onto except yourself, and that's incredibly hard to do unless you have boatloads of self-esteem. Having no base support really sucks, it really takes a toll on your sanity to reach out again and again only to be left alone at the end.

Happiness is really hard to find when you're alone or when you don't have anyone else to share your life with. It takes a lot of reflection and understanding of your own situation from a perspective outside of yourself to forgive your past mistakes. The only honest and kind thing I can say is to "live happily." Being completely present in the moment, enjoying things for what they are, and trying to get out of the situation you're currently in gradually all the while being kind to yourself can help. I don't want to sound like I'm calling you a bad person for not being able to do these things or not being able to find happiness in simple things. The world is simply indifferent to our life, it's quite cruel. All a person can be expected to do is to try their best in living the life they want until they eventually reach the grave.

Perhaps journalling your thoughts, reflecting on your situation, and trying to reach out to kind people in your immediate environment can help. If you have pets, taking care and spending time with them can give you some level of emotional support. As long as you possess that will to try and live a happy life, you can try, and remember that no one can take your own autonomy to live the life you want away from you.

I'm wishing you the best in finding happiness!

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I'm in similar situation I don't have anyone except one parent that see me as a burden. It's so hard spending every day alone and it's even harder to ctb:(

I wish I could give advice but I really hope you are able to find someone who cares for you I really wish I had that tošŸ˜„

• Aww..
Reactions: arnxxx
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
Your post resonates with me. I also don't have support from my family, since I was 13 I had to learn to do everything myself.
A boyfriend/girlfriend should help with that but that's the kind of thing we can't control when it may happen.

It's very lonely and hard to have to rely on yourself always at all times, I wish I had a better solution. My boyfriend is who keeps me afloat these days.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Linda and mediocre
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Like others here I feel very much the same way. I really would like to find love but I really don't think I am worthy of it. I look at myself and just thing who would want me? I know it is a bit of a cliche but I have heard many times that you have to start by learning to love yourself. I am starting to believe that is true now.

I don't think it is ever too late to start though, I am guessing I am a lot older than you (I am 46) and I have only just started to work on myself for not even a year now.

I

igl00

Jun 4, 2023
How can I still be happy in this situation ? And how can I forgive myself past mistakes and accept it? Is it too late to be happy?
I'm still trying to forgive myself. I'm still trying to forgive others.

It's okay to be happy over small things like "wow today is a beautiful day" or "this food is so delicious" Maybe you don't have to be happy with yourself but you can happy with the physical things in front of you. Like if a post made you really laugh screen shot it as a reminder of the laughter you got.

I want to say no it's not too late to be happy. It's not too late unless you die. Then yes your ghost can say that. Also, it's okay for it to be late.

I hope you can take the time to find things that give you a warm hug. I hope you find this post comforting because I related to it a lot. Idk I felt a bit better because I didn't feel so alone.

You were seen and sometimes being seen is being loved as corny and cringey that may soundā€¦

Scorpio moon gal

Scorpio moon gal

Apr 26, 2024
But let me tell y'all one thing, of you've made it to a stage where at least you have your own income, are sure of being able to study......you should be proud. For me, that's quite not the case

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I would like to live and just be happy but the problem is that nobody loves me. I am an adult now and I have no support from my family, my mom doesn't like me, whenever I try talking to her she showes no enthusiasmat at all or criticizes me. I think she dislikes me and I have to accept it will never change .
I have friends and I meet them and talk to them, but these are still only friends, they don't love me.
I never received any guidance in life by my parents and I made so many mistakes in life. For example I didn't save money for a flat, didn't learn how to cook healthy food until late, never went to a dentist and now I have teeth problems.

I know that if only someone loved me, if I had someone truly caring about me then I wouldn't be depressed. But the reality is that I don't.
It sounds as though you don't have a partner. Most people find that having a partner (provided it is the right kind of person for you) makes a big difference to their life. The only way to meet a partner is to put yourelf out there, in situations where you can meet people. It may take a while, so don't expect to meet the right person immediately, but do keep trying. I went through a lot of men, with everything from one night stands to short term relationships, until I found the man who is now my husband We have been together for over 40 years.
Nobody gets through life without making mistakes, and the older you get the more mistakes you will have to add to your list. Just forget about past mistakes. They are history and you can't change them. (You can, and should, learn from them, so you don't make the same mistakes again, of course.) Look forward instead. The rest of your life - which is all that really matters - starts today.