menherachan

menherachan

馬鹿野郎
Jun 22, 2020
i feel guilty whenever i say no.. "youre going to make daddy very upset" then i just go with it, it makes me feel so guilty to the point i just carve my legs til i have no more room. i got so desperate i tried to cutmy eyelids.. shoulkd i feel guilty maybe i shoulf he seems sio upset if i say no but it hiurts so fujking bad,

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, GoodPersonEffed and fat feet
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
i feel guilty whenever i say no.. "youre going to make daddy very upset" then i just go with it, it makes me feel so guilty to the point i just carve my legs til i have no more room. i got so desperate i tried to cutmy eyelids.. shoulkd i feel guilty maybe i shoulf he seems sio upset if i say no but it hiurts so fujking bad,
I am sorry you are hurting.

Reactions: Stick and J113632
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i'm so, so sorry that's happening to you. we're here for you.

you shouldn't feel guilty for saying no. he shouldn't force you do things you don't want to, and shouldn't manipulate you to do those things especially if they hurt you. especially if he's your father.

Last edited:
Reactions: AprilsBlessings, Stick and fat feet
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
in any decent interpersonal relationship, you should be able to to say no and have boundaries, without there being a guilt trip or a fight.

whenever i don't want to do something but my dad wants me to, he pulls out the line "it would make me very happy if..." but what about what would make me happy? what about what I want? and how come my happiness doesn't matter and how come it doesn't matter to him? in all fairness, your happiness matters equally, but he can't get what he wants that way, so he performs the guilt trip. try not to fall for it and realize that guilt trips are wrong for him to do. he doesn't care about you, at least not as much as he should.

one time in some alternative therapy attempt, i asked the helper to yell at me and then hug me so that i might feel that if i do something wrong, it's not permanent. but she said she felt uncomfortable doing that, and i responded, "okay." suddenly, i was like "wait, that's all it takes to accepts someone's boundaries?! i just had to say "ok" and that was it?!" i didn't cross-examine her, she didn't have to justify anything, i didn't guilt-trip her, she didn't have to re-consider. all I had to do was say "ok". 1 fucking word. ever since then, i don't feel guilty when people don't accept/respect my boundaries; i get mad.

if he can't say "ok" and accept your boundary, maybe you two are not compatible. and maybe he's an asshole.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
You are not responsible for his feelings, he is responsible for managing them. Imagine him saying no to someone who wanted to do to him what he does to you; does it matter if they are upset that he speaks up to protect himself?

We are our boundaries. If someone doesn't like our boundaries, they don't like us. If they don't respect our boundaries, they don't respect us. If they hate our boundaries, they hate us.

If it were me, and I became aware of how wrong his actions were, I would turn it around. Instead of cutting myself with a sharp object, the next time he went to hurt me, I would brandish the sharp object at him. Sometimes boundaries need teeth, like a dog growling or barbed wire on top of a fence.

A bully stops bullying when it stops being easy to bully. I would display my unwillingness and my power. Let his feelings be hurt. Let him cry. Better that he feel such pain than the inexcusable, indefensible pain he inflicts on you. His defense is his hurt feelings? Waaaah. Tell him to call whine-one-one.

He's not going to stop if he can convince you to comply. He is an abuser, but he is also very weak. He uses manipulation to get you to comply to mask how weak and cowardly he is. He will never like your boundary, but if he is forced to recognize and respect it because he will pay a high price for not doing so, then he will. The first time standing up to him may be scary, but you will get rewards for doing so. It will get easier every time, and you will connect with your self-respect and your power. You have both.

Reactions: Disappointered and VIBRITANNIA