• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
so my friend and i were talking and i got reminded of xmen, then i wanted to watch AAAAALL the xmen movies, but then i remembered i probably cant....

see ive had a shitty life growing up so for a million and 1 reasons i can think of....i dont like sex. just talking about this right now is making me feel sick i just cant. and anything at all like this in movies or books or tv shows, i cant. so for a long time now ive basically had very limited entertainment. plus this complicates things for me but that doesnt matter.

so i remembered this and basically just said fuck it why even bother looking youre just going to upset yourself because youre sooooo excited to see them all just to find out you cant. you might as well just give up on that now before you get hurt.

anyway i just wanted to vent that because it sucks. thanks for reading if you did but you didnt have too.......

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and ecmnesia
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Don't watch cape shit but surprised it has sex in it???

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
not sure if you are looking for some sort of advice, but i'd like to leave something besides "i am sorry". dont know what you are into, but due to certain events, i spent a lot of years without being able to watch anything that somehow included sex.. so i resorted to cartoons. maybe that's not your thing, but the ones designed for young teenagers, at least on the surface, were good enough for me. do you like Ghibli movies? they are also an option.

Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Is there a gratuitous amount of sex in it or in just like one scene? If it's only one scene just look up when the scene is or when it starts just leave and go get a snack and don't come back till it's done.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Awww :love::hug::heart: thank you guys I really was just venting as I'm sure you can understand this situation is annoying and limiting movie time with my husband.

@Good4Nothing yes?? Idk. All I know is I wanted to watch Logan when it came out and my husband looked into it for me, I think it was really mild stuff but still advised against it. That's about all I remember so I just figured it was best to assume I can't watch them.

@ecmnesia I LOVE CARTOONS!!! It's just, there's movies I use to watch that I can't anymore. And movies I want to watch (like logan) that I cant. Also I wasn't really looking for anyone to respond, just to get that out of my head before bed so thank you. As long as my threads are labeled as venting that's probably all I'm doing is literally just that, venting. If you aren't sure what to say but want to say something a hug emoji is just fine :hug:

@RoseyBird if I remember right (it's been years since I've seen any of them) there's just little things here and there. I can't remember any for sure but I think the shape shifter on the bad guys team is naked but I think that's because they can't shape shift clothes. I know there's others but I think it's mostly just stuff like that. (I don't remember names ;-;:pfff:). Also they aren't naked naked but they are. Their skin is blue and that's kind of like their clothes so it's more like a really tight outfit, you can see but you cant.

Idk..... I guess I could have my husband look into it for me, I just didn't bother in the first place because what if I can't right? I know 'you' automatically fail everything you don't try and what if I can stuff, but it just seems like a better idea to not before I get upset about the things I can't watch.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
In "Logan" there's one very brief, blink and you miss it, shot of breasts, but outside of that 1 second shot it's a movie about a little girl and an old man. It's violent, but very sweet at the same time. I hate to say it's about family, because Star Wars made that phrase make me want to kill myself, but it's about family. Probably the best of the X-Men films. Really feels like a legit comic book, and not just a movie based on comic book characters.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
In "Logan" there's one very brief, blink and you miss it, shot of breasts, but outside of that 1 second shot it's a movie about a little girl and an old man. It's violent, but very sweet at the same time. I hate to say it's about family, because Star Wars made that phrase make me want to kill myself, but it's about family. Probably the best of the X-Men films. Really feels like a legit comic book, and not just a movie based on comic book characters.
I guess I can look into it. Maybe things have changed for me since the last time I did.

It just got really disheartening after awhile, having to check every little thing I watch just to find out I can't watch most of it so I kind of just gave up

• Aww..
Reactions: Good4Nothing
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
https://www.doesthedogdie.com/ is a good site for avoiding triggers in media. Maybe that'll help you
I think I've seen that mentioned. I'll take a look at it later, I'm on mobile right now and hate mobile, but that's just a general thing with me. Thanks btw, I mostly just use the parents guide in IMDB

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
There's an animated one!? :ohh:

Well there's a few, but the one simply called X-Men the Animated Series is probably the most well known. Both it and most of the movies are based off of the same comic storylines

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Well there's a few, but the one simply called X-Men the Animated Series is probably the most well known. Both it and most of the movies are based off of the same comic storylines
I'll look into those too. Thank you :hug::heart:

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Spoiler: the scene where magneto escapes the prison in xmen2 is one of my favorite pieces of cinema. Idk why, but I just feel it was done so perfectly, showcasing how weak humans are vs mutants.