N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There were two important football games in my country recently and there will be another one soon. I might watch the champions leage final but on the other hand it really is late at night.

I just watched how the fans escalated due to a fucking soccer title. They cried, you could see their panic, fear and desperation. When I watched these scenes I felt really alienated.

People really dedicate so much time and energy for the sake of a sports club. Like what do these people get in exchange for it? They travel to foreign countries to support their club. It reminds me of my time as a child or teenager. I even cried sometimes when my team lost. I felt so sad when Germany lost 2006 against Italy. I was so fucking sad. I thought this was one of the sadest moments in my life to that point.

Remembering this now is really surreal. I have so much really existential sorrows and fears every single day. I ruminate on a daily basis myriads of hours about my unsolvable problems. I have the feeling these people might stay innocent in some way. Sports can give them the feeling just as if they were kids again. Sports can really unite people I don't want to deny that. I don't want to deteriorate them this feeling.

But it is just not for me the same anymore. I feel so indifferent when I watch these games. Sometimes it is still fun but way way less than in the past. I just reflected much on the sport. Maybe it sounds arrogant but I think my self-consciousness played a role in destroying the experience. I ask myself if the sports still represent my values. And this sport is through and through commercialized. The sponsoring of sports betting and dictatorships really annoy me.
Many players and consultants are very greedy. For me the sport lost its innocence but maybe this was all only deceiving right from the start.

I have so many important issues I cannot really spend so much energy on sports. Though maybe my obsession with politics is comparable to the love for sports.

You could also say that my obsession with my suicide is not really productive. I should watch sports instead. This is something my dad would probably say. But I think a part of my soul really needs this silence and melancholia. Thinking actively about it gives me a way to cope. Especially when I write my emotions down.

Can you relate to being enthusiastic about sports? Have you lost your interest just like me? Or maybe you can still preserve the passion you once had as a child.

Reactions: Un-
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sports are lame, why don't these people just play the games themselves if they love 'em so much? 😏

• Yay!
Reactions: MellowAvenue and onlyanimalsaregood
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Sports are lame, why don't these people just play the games themselves if they love 'em so much? 😏

They aren't lame. Playing basketball, tennis or soccer is much more fun than gaming. *Dr Iron Arc hisses & puts a curse on him that turns every song he tries to listen to into video game music*

• Yay!
Reactions: lofticries
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
They aren't lame. Playing basketball, tennis or soccer is much more fun than gaming. *Dr Iron Arc hisses & puts a curse on him that turns every song he tries to listen to into video game music*
At least you got that I was trying to make that comparison. 😅

• Yay!
Reactions: motel rooms
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
This is really just a social bonding thing with their friends and family, it's just an escape from their everyday working lives, etc. One good thing about sports is that you can use them to starts a conversation with other people and then this can lead to talking about other things. I dno't care who wins a game- what difference does it make- but going along with this can help you make social connections with other people. It would be nice if people cared more about preventing people from starving than they care about the sco0re of a game, but for many people this isn't the case. Ultimately it is a shame that society dedicates so many resources to something so pointless- if the resources that went into sports went into solving homelessness, poverty, and starvation these problems would be solved very quickly, but this will never happen, sadly.

Reactions: MellowAvenue
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Ultimately it is a shame that society dedicates so many resources to something so pointless-

But watching sportsball is essential to guys' health. Pretending they're unbelievably excited about their teams winning gives them an excuse to hug, grope & even kiss their buddies & hump their legs.

• Wow
Reactions: lofticries and MellowAvenue
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
They're human males, there is a biological, evolutionary backdrop to it. Basically it's a simulation of war games, engineering, competition for resources, etc. We men are wired to enjoy being part of a team and competing with others. Male chimpanzees spend a good part of their lives patrolling their territories in groups or invading other areas.

• Informative
Reactions: lofticries, MellowAvenue and Pluto
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
They're human males, there is a biological, evolutionary backdrop to it. Basically it's a simulation of war games, engineering, competition for resources, etc. We men are wired to enjoy being part of a team and competing with others.

Men are supposedly better at identifying other men's facial emotional expressions than those of women. Homos, all of 'em. :ohhhh:

bill murray GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: lofticries
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I went to my football club for 20+ years back when I lived in Europe. It's one of those things that you have to be started on early or else you'll never really "feel" it. It's a generational thing basically, passed down from parent to kid. I started going at age 7 and my dad was a big fan, so it rubbed off.

It's probably why US soccer feels so manufactured and forced. There's no history there, no multi-generational experience.

Reactions: lofticries and MellowAvenue
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
There were two important football games in my country recently and there will be another one soon. I might watch the champions leage final but on the other hand it really is late at night.

I just watched how the fans escalated due to a fucking soccer title. They cried, you could see their panic, fear and desperation. When I watched these scenes I felt really alienated.

People really dedicate so much time and energy for the sake of a sports club. Like what do these people get in exchange for it? They travel to foreign countries to support their club. It reminds me of my time as a child or teenager. I even cried sometimes when my team lost. I felt so sad when Germany lost 2006 against Italy. I was so fucking sad. I thought this was one of the sadest moments in my life to that point.

Remembering this now is really surreal. I have so much really existential sorrows and fears every single day. I ruminate on a daily basis myriads of hours about my unsolvable problems. I have the feeling these people might stay innocent in some way. Sports can give them the feeling just as if they were kids again. Sports can really unite people I don't want to deny that. I don't want to deteriorate them this feeling.

But it is just not for me the same anymore. I feel so indifferent when I watch these games. Sometimes it is still fun but way way less than in the past. I just reflected much on the sport. Maybe it sounds arrogant but I think my self-consciousness played a role in destroying the experience. I ask myself if the sports still represent my values. And this sport is through and through commercialized. The sponsoring of sports betting and dictatorships really annoy me.
Many players and consultants are very greedy. For me the sport lost its innocence but maybe this was all only deceiving right from the start.

I have so many important issues I cannot really spend so much energy on sports. Though maybe my obsession with politics is comparable to the love for sports.

You could also say that my obsession with my suicide is not really productive. I should watch sports instead. This is something my dad would probably say. But I think a part of my soul really needs this silence and melancholia. Thinking actively about it gives me a way to cope. Especially when I write my emotions down.

Can you relate to being enthusiastic about sports? Have you lost your interest just like me? Or maybe you can still preserve the passion you once had as a child.
I don't give a damn either but I respect who does.

MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
I used to watch and tried to be in invested in almost every sport, even the fake one. Even took a Sports and Entertainment marketing class in high school that I really enjoyed. Looking back I think it just gave me something to talk about with others who normally wouldn't talk to me otherwise which gave me a temporary sense of belonging. I really don't actively follow any sports anymore outside of American Football and the fake one, which just so happens to be the ones my small friend group still watch.

I play Madden sometimes… That does count right?

It's probably why US soccer feels so manufactured and forced. There's no history there, no multi-generational experience.
I agree. I tried but could never get into MLS. I only ever watched the World Cup and some English Premier League but it never really "clicked" for me.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
As weird as this sounds football makes my life a bit less shit. It serves as a proper distraction from what's going on (or isnt) in my life. It's like yeah I'm feeling shitty but at least my team beat so and so and might be making europa league next season(they didn't). I also love the drama of everything (when it doesn't involve my team) in the football world. The crazy af fans really make the sport cuz every game was boring during lockdown with just recorded sound.

With that said my body is ready for world cup 2022. And I do kinda wanna live to see if I can get some tickets for a 2026 world cup game in America. And this is coming from someone who doesn't have any friends,partners, or fam (other than my parents) to live for.:ahhha:

Also thank God liverpoo lost prem. May they lose cl as well.

Reactions: MellowAvenue
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I enjoy sports generally, but I stopped feeling emotionally invested in them by like age 18 or so. I find it very difficult to care about a bunch of athletes that I have never met, unless I have money at stake. Other than that the games feel quite meaningless.