• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

UnnervedCompany

UnnervedCompany

Jun 21, 2024
When I was one of the worst periods of my life I was writing a story that I was extremely invested in and it helped me with the depression. I had barely developed it I plan to make it much much longer and I only wrote around 6000 words.

The story featured a lot of the troubles I have in my life it was kind of like a self insert into a new world. I really want to continue it since I have a lot of ideas about it.

The problem is that I find it cringe maybe awkward to write about the trauma and issues I have into a story were a character like me transports to a different universe and still has the burden of his past to deal with.

Now I don't know what to do with it any ideas? Do I continue it with my premise make a new story or do any of you have any other ideas to provide I would love to read them.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Can you write about the details of how you changed and your reactions / interactions around the trauma but don't actually elaborate on the trauma detail? This way you can leave the reader to conjure up their own imagery around what happened, or even allow them to superimpose their own life experiences. You could twist it with the reality of the experience of being inserted into a new world.

Having just reread what I've written, I suspect you won't have a clue what I'm trying to suggest.

I'm not a writer. Clearly.

daley

daley

May 11, 2024
Consider the possibility that good writing comes from lived experience, and that many good writers used their experiences as basis for their stories. So you are in good company.

The feeling of cringe might be from writing yourself into the story. But consider that you can never actually write yourself into the story. You can only write a verbal representation which is not you. Maybe such a perspective can provide you some distance from the character you are writing to get over that feeling of "cringe". You can still allow this character to be informed by your personality, and the events of your life, without it actually being you.

UnnervedCompany

UnnervedCompany

Jun 21, 2024
Can you write about the details of how you changed and your reactions / interactions around the trauma but don't actually elaborate on the trauma detail? This way you can leave the reader to conjure up their own imagery around what happened, or even allow them to superimpose their own life experiences. You could twist it with the reality of the experience of being inserted into a new world.

Having just reread what I've written, I suspect you won't have a clue what I'm trying to suggest.

I'm not a writer. Clearly.
No don't worry I understand 100% what your writing. Your saying to make it subtle not elaborate on my past and leave room for interpretation. I like the idea I'll continue seeing what other advice I can get.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
No don't worry I understand 100% what your writing. Your saying to make it subtle not elaborate on my past and leave room for interpretation. I like the idea I'll continue seeing what other advice I can get.
Kind of. Make the trauma aspect subtle, but include detail and rawness of the impact it had on you.

Let us know when it gets published!